Which Godzilla Movies Haven't You Seen?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
JAGzilla
Sazer

Which Godzilla Movies Haven't You Seen?

Post by JAGzilla »

I know I'm not the only one here who still hasn't seen the whole series. Which is probably something I should be ashamed of, given that I've been a fan for about sixteen years now. I plan on correcting it in the near future, though. Anyway, I have yet to see:

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla. I don't know, I've never had much interest in the Kiryu movies, and most of what I've heard about this one hasn't helped. I'm planning on getting the DVD in the next few months, though. Maybe for my birthday in February.

Final Wars. I haven't heard anything I've liked about it. But I'll get around to buying the DVD eventually.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Which Godzilla Movies Haven't You Seen?

Post by Tohosaurus »

You can watch them on Crackle for free (and legally of course, since it's Sony's site). You probably know that already, but I figured I'd say it anyway.

Luckily I have seen every Godzilla movie made by Toho and the one by Tri-Star, though I have not seen every original Japanese cut (but I've seen almost all of the ones with the moderate or significant changes, such as G54, etc).
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Tohosaurus wrote:You can watch them on Crackle for free (and legally of course, since it's Sony's site). You probably know that already, but I figured I'd say it anyway.
Actually I didn't know that, so thanks. I'll just wait for the DVDs, though. I prefer to watch movies on TV, since my laptop doesn't have the greatest sound or picture quality.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Tohosaurus wrote: Luckily I have seen every Godzilla movie made by Toho and the one by Tri-Star, though I have not seen every original Japanese cut (but I've seen almost all of the ones with the moderate or significant changes, such as G54, etc).
This. I have seen every film in some way or another, though not all of them in Japanese.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Handsome Jack
G-Force Personnel

Post by Handsome Jack »

Destroy All Monsters... I know I am deprived but I cant get my hands on a copy of it.
What’s that saying? Don’t pick a fight with a man with nothing left to lose? I’m going to show you just how much you have left to lose.

Where the hell is -- I had a violin somewhere, I was gonna play it all sarcastically --goddammit, I saw it like a day ago. Blake! Violin!

You are a bandit AND I AM THE GODDAMN HERO!

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

The only one I don't think I've seen is Return.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Son of Godzilla is the single Godzilla movie I havent seen.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Son of Godzilla and Return, just never got around to it (also I avoid Minya, but eventually I'll see it).
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote:Godzilla 1985 is the only one I haven't seen yet.

dude, i rented that from the video store when i was a kid probably 100 times. i'm not exaggerating either.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

darkcancer wrote:Son of Godzilla and Return, just never got around to it (also I avoid Minya, but eventually I'll see it).
I seriously never noticed the hatred for Minilla until joing TK. Anyways, SOG is one of the best in the series. I think it is still on Crackle.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
darkcancer wrote:Son of Godzilla and Return, just never got around to it (also I avoid Minya, but eventually I'll see it).
I seriously never noticed the hatred for Minilla until joing TK. Anyways, SOG is one of the best in the series. I think it is still on Crackle.
I've had a distaste of Minya since well before I joined any Godzilla forums, heck even before there were any real forums haha. As for crackle, last I checked they only had Heisei and Millennium films (including the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy).
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

darkcancer wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:
I've had a distaste of Minya since well before I joined any Godzilla forums, heck even before there were any real forums haha. As for crackle, last I checked they only had Heisei and Millennium films (including the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy).
I'll PM you for anothe rlink where you can watch the film. (The site is safe, don't worry)

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Just for the record, every Godzilla movie from Godzilla vs King Ghidorah onward is on Crackle AND it looks like all three of the Rebirth of Mothra movies back up (the third one was down for about a year IIRC). It does look like the original Mothra film has been taken down, however.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

I've seen every single Godzilla movie including both the US and Japanese cuts of Gojira/GKOTM, The Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985, and Godzilla 2000.
Godzilla vs. Megalon was the last one I watched that I haven't yet seen. Bought the DVD of it back in September. Loved it!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I own them all.

But I've never seen the original Japanese cut of The Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

I still haven't seen the Japanese version of G2K.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I have seen/own them all on DVD with the exception of the origianl Japanese version of Godzilla 2000: Millennium. Oh..and I guess "technically" I haven't seen Sony's GODZILLA in Japanese, although I dont believe it was edited at all , just dubbed.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I have a long way to go with the Japanese versions. The only ones I've seen so far are Gojira, GRA, and GTTHM. I'm not in any hurry to see the rest, though. I'm not a big fan of subtitles; I'd rather watch the characters than focus on reading their dialogue. The only one I'm especially interested in is KKvsG, as I keep hearing how much better it is than the US version. I also want to see what it's like with Ifukube's music, which sounds pretty awesome from what I've heard on YouTube.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

I have seen every Godzilla movie in one way or another. I own all of the Japanese versions in HD and most extant English versions in several copies. The Japanese version of GODZILLA 2000 is the only one with significant differences that I haven't watched in its entirety. Several of the '90s Heisei movies (and I think maybe one or two of the '00s movies) I haven't seen in Japanese all the way through, either.
JAGzilla wrote:The only one I'm especially interested in is KKvsG, as I keep hearing how much better it is than the US version. I also want to see what it's like with Ifukube's music, which sounds pretty awesome from what I've heard on YouTube.
While I do love the Japanese version of KKvsG, as do most others who have seen it, I find that the US version has been rather unfairly gang-banged by the fanbase over the years. Maybe once a "historian" makes a case for it (like what has happened with GKOTM in recent years) or if more read my interview with the co-writer, it will be seen in a different light. I understand that the film has an incredibly murky history, from pre-production all the way to today (some people still believe Godzilla won in the Japanese version, after all), but that shouldn't hold us from trying to look at this version from the editors' perspectives, or US audiences at the time. Making a new version of a movie, removing material, adding stuff, etc. isn't inherently bad; just because it's different from the Japanese original doesn't make it automatically crap and unworthy of any attention. It wouldn't hurt to analyze whether or not these edits have merit rather than detesting all of them unanimously, or at least to try and figure out why they were made.

end_ramble.exe

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I have seen all 28 films in one version or the other, Japanese or English. That said, I have only seen Godzilla 1985 once years ago, so I really want to see it again.
...And I REALLY want to see the original version of King Kong vs. Godzilla.