SciFi JAPAN TV 06: Toho FX Director Teruyoshi Nakano

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
kpa
G-Grasper

SciFi JAPAN TV 06: Toho FX Director Teruyoshi Nakano

Post by kpa »

The new episode of SciFi Japan’s web series is now online, featuring Part 1 of our interview with Godzilla series FX Director Teruyoshi Nakano. Mr Nakano discusses how he came to Toho, going to work for Eiji Tsuburaya, and the creation of the fan favorite King Ghidorah. Enjoy!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... -director/

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Re: SciFi JAPAN TV 06: Toho FX Director Teruyoshi Nakano

Post by Rody »

That was very cool - and it was great to hear about Ghidorah's design history!

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Living Corpse wrote:Rainbow and now green. Interesting how many color schemes they thought of for King Ghidrah before eventually going gold. Also funny how they girl pointed out how he looks docile cause when you look at the old versions head up close he does look oddly peaceful and graceful for a chaotic spazzer. Maybe the manes and eyes lure you into a false sense of security.
I was thinking the same thing.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

That was a fantastic interview, kpa. These programs teach me something new every time I watch an episode. The work that SciFi Japan does is not being taken for granted.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Brilliant interview. I love how Nakano is always so enthusiastic. :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

@ Living Corpse: keep in mind the suit was inactive when she saw it, and those old film stills are just that - film STILLS. When the camera is rolling, Ghidorah goes spastic. No one in the movie would a chance to get lured in!

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Glad you guys (and gals?) are enjoying the Nakano episode.
Showa Gyaos wrote:That was a fantastic interview, kpa. These programs teach me something new every time I watch an episode. The work that SciFi Japan does is not being taken for granted.
Thanks! Everyone involved with the site works hard (and props to Jim Ballard and JR Lipartito for doing SFJTV) to share news and info with fellow fans so it's always nice to hear that's appreciated. The site is doing very well, but I do ask that -- if you see an article or video you particularly like -- you spread the word, post links, etc. SFJ is promoted by word of mouth, so the more people talking the better!