The Intrigues of AUs

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
DaveTheAnalyzer
Samurai

The Intrigues of AUs

Post by DaveTheAnalyzer »

Has anyone ever thought of what happened if a event in a Kaiju film happened a bit differently? What would the ramifications be if Serizawa survived his heroic sacrifice? How would the world react if Gamera spotted Toshio in that oncoming train and spared him a second time? What would BabyGodzilla's reaction be if there was no Fire Rodan close by to save Godzilla from death? The outcomes that could alter the course of a story intrigue lots of people.

An AU is shorthand for "Alternate Universe," what happens if the setting or actions were railroaded from their canonicial course. Technically, you could quibble that the scenarios I describe should be "Alternate Timeline" or "Alternate History," with AU being applied to speculations like Godzilla appearing in the Meiji Era or dwelling on a completely fantastical Earth. But for this threat, I would go with the broad AU definition.

This thread is basically fun speculation over what happens how these small or large alteration would alter the story and how that would impact the fictional universe. Going back to the Serizawa example above, I think the world would be royally screwed if he lived. This is during the height of the Cold War. There is no doubt all kinds of governments and criminal organizations harass him and his loved ones for the secrets of the Oxygen Destroyer. The US and USSR with Oxygen Destroyer missiles trained at each other, with the slightest error causing thousands of deaths? Sorry to say, Serizawa was correct to kill himself when killing the first Godzilla. Also, it'd be interesting into see his reaction if events of Godzilla Raids Again occur.

So yeah, posts the "What-Ifs" that dominate your mind or reply to ones that interest you.

Mr. X
Keizer

Re: The Intrigues of AUs

Post by Mr. X »

What if Orga successfully cloned Godzilla? :shock:
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

LaserDuel
GPN Volunteer

Post by LaserDuel »

Mr. X wrote:What if Orga successfully cloned Godzilla? :shock:
Wouldn't that just replace one Godzilla with another?

What if Godzilla hadn't been frozen at the beginning of Final Wars?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

That would have been interesting to see.

As for the Oxygen Destroyer missles, wasnt the 1960s the height of the Cold War with the Cuban Missle Crisis and everything? But yeah Oxygen Destroyer weapons would be a scary thing.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

I always wondered what would've happened if Gozer from the first Ghostbusters film summoned Godzilla at the end? Always thought that would've been the ultimate destructor.

DaveTheAnalyzer
Samurai

Post by DaveTheAnalyzer »

If Orga successfully cloned Godzilla, would Godzilla have died?

I suspect Orga would still retain his mental capacities if he becomes a Godzilla clone, though he might not look exactly like Godzilla. I guess this would kind of screw the world over since the Millenians don't seem like the nice type of alien. Then again, this might provide richer opportunity to explore their motives and worldview, whether it's Godzilla chatting him up or it's the humans.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

What if Ghidorah never came to earth? Would Godzilla continued being evil?

What if creating a black hole on earth actually turned out to be a bad idea?
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

What if Godzillasaurus and the Dorats were both mutated in the same area?

What if Orga won?

What if Super Mechagodzilla killed Godzilla for good?

What if more robots were built like Kiryu?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:What if Godzillasaurus and the Dorats were both mutated in the same area?
King Godzilladorah !
LOL. I literally just laughed out loud. That name is a total win.

What if the villagers in the original Gojira never lured Godzilla to shore by leaving a trail of hot, still-totally useful virgins out there as sacrifices?

What if the people in the giant basket never yelled at Godzilla to do a cannonball off the island before it was nuked in EHotD?

What if Space Godzilla tickled Godzilla under his armpit?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

If Orga would've successfully become a clone of Godzilla... that's an interesting one. Well, the first and most obvious effect is that Tokyo would've been completely levelled. Two full-blown Godzillas, both thoroughly pissed and armed with regeneration? They'd have fought for hours. The military would most likely have gotten involved, trying to kill both monsters while they were focused on each other. This probably would've just increased the damage to Tokyo, though. Probable outcome: the monsters fight until exhausted, then retreat to the ocean to recover. Japan loses a capital and is thrown into chaos.

After that? All hell breaks loose. If Orga is serious about world-domination, he now has the means to try pulling it off. He can use the ocean as cover, travel all over the world and attack coastal cities at will. Being the tech-savvy sentient alien that he is, he'd probably understand our methods of tracking him, such as submarines. He'd hit those at every opportunity, reducing our ability to see him coming. He'd take out naval bases and ships at sea, crippling our defenses and international economy. He'd be the ultimate terrorist, really. He could do all freaking kinds of damage with little effort, and we have no easy way to stop him. Resorting to nukes might kill him, though it would certainly hurt us and could potentially just make him stronger.

Now, the other thing to consider is Godzilla himself. Assuming Orga doesn't kill him in the initial battle, he's gonna be out for blood. He'll hunt Orga everywhere he goes, and attack him at every opportunity. If Orga plays it smart, however, he could easily use that to his advantage. He could sow confusion, as it would probably be difficult for us to tell the two Godzillas apart. The world's militaries might be manipulated into wasting their resources attacking the wrong monster. And even if they don't, Godzilla can't really help but add to the damage and chaos as he follows Orga around.

So all this might go on for weeks, months. Years potentially, though we or Godzilla would probably find some way to bring Orga down sooner than that. It's highly unlikely that he'd actually take over the world, but he'd hurt us badly. Of course, there is the slim possibility that he called his homeworld for help before his ship was destroyed. On the off-chance that they're still interested in Earth, they might send him that help, in which case we're pretty well boned.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

What if the JSDF didn't overcharge the electrical tower voltage in vs. The Thing? Godzilla looked pretty down for the count... Then only Rodan and Mothra would protect the earth against Ghidorah, I guess? Totally more intriguing than a restored version of Smog Monster.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I doubt the Godzillified Orga would look identical to his predecessor. I imagine it looking like a huge, deformed Godzilla.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Gyaos wrote:I doubt the Godzillified Orga would look identical to his predecessor. I imagine it looking like a huge, deformed Godzilla.
But that's the thing; we'll never know!
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

GodzillaSpawn wrote:
What if Space Godzilla tickled Godzilla under his armpit?
HAHAHAHAHA! I love being caught off guard. I LOL!

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

JAGzilla wrote:If Orga would've successfully become a clone of Godzilla... that's an interesting one. Well, the first and most obvious effect is that Tokyo would've been completely levelled. Two full-blown Godzillas, both thoroughly pissed and armed with regeneration? They'd have fought for hours. The military would most likely have gotten involved, trying to kill both monsters while they were focused on each other. This probably would've just increased the damage to Tokyo, though. Probable outcome: the monsters fight until exhausted, then retreat to the ocean to recover. Japan loses a capital and is thrown into chaos.

After that? All hell breaks loose. If Orga is serious about world-domination, he now has the means to try pulling it off. He can use the ocean as cover, travel all over the world and attack coastal cities at will. Being the tech-savvy sentient alien that he is, he'd probably understand our methods of tracking him, such as submarines. He'd hit those at every opportunity, reducing our ability to see him coming. He'd take out naval bases and ships at sea, crippling our defenses and international economy. He'd be the ultimate terrorist, really. He could do all freaking kinds of damage with little effort, and we have no easy way to stop him. Resorting to nukes might kill him, though it would certainly hurt us and could potentially just make him stronger.

Now, the other thing to consider is Godzilla himself. Assuming Orga doesn't kill him in the initial battle, he's gonna be out for blood. He'll hunt Orga everywhere he goes, and attack him at every opportunity. If Orga plays it smart, however, he could easily use that to his advantage. He could sow confusion, as it would probably be difficult for us to tell the two Godzillas apart. The world's militaries might be manipulated into wasting their resources attacking the wrong monster. And even if they don't, Godzilla can't really help but add to the damage and chaos as he follows Orga around.

So all this might go on for weeks, months. Years potentially, though we or Godzilla would probably find some way to bring Orga down sooner than that. It's highly unlikely that he'd actually take over the world, but he'd hurt us badly. Of course, there is the slim possibility that he called his homeworld for help before his ship was destroyed. On the off-chance that they're still interested in Earth, they might send him that help, in which case we're pretty well boned.
Good theory i always wondered that if Orga succeded in cloning Godzilla something like this would happened.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

MegaLagoras
Yojimbo

Post by MegaLagoras »

What if Geronimon had successfully created and controlled his Kaiju army? If Ultraman were the only Ultra on earth, I doubt he'd have survived.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^ I think it would depend on what monsters were in his army.
Space Hunter M wrote:What if the JSDF didn't overcharge the electrical tower voltage in vs. The Thing? Godzilla looked pretty down for the count... Then only Rodan and Mothra would protect the earth against Ghidorah, I guess?
That is a very interesting question. I honestly think the JSDF could have killed Godzilla if they had continued a while longer.
That would have been a lacking end to the movie and the series, though. :-x

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

What if most of the human scenes in FW were cut? :shock:
What would happen if they didn't discover Dessy's weakness, thereby unable to stop him?
What if Jet Jaguar did Gangnam style?
What if Orga wasn't alone on his mission, there could be more than one Orga?
What if the Oxygen Destroyer was never invented?
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

What if Godzilla and Kiryu returned after the events of TOKYO SOS?
What if the nuclear missile in Return of Godzilla wasn't intercepted?
What if the ANEB didn't had any effect on Godzilla?
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Godzilla1703
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla1703 »

What if Ghidorah never came to Earth? Would Godzilla have stayed evil?

What if Ghidorah won in GtTHM?

What if Godzilla wasn't killed by the Oxygen Destroyer and moved on to America?

What if Godzilla was the only survivor of GtTHM? Would he have gone back to being evil? Would he have been scared for live? (I also like the thought of Godzilla killing all the monsters and moving on to destroy Japan)

What if Destroyah hadn't killed Junior? Would Junior have just fought alongside Godzilla until the explosion and died or just absorb the energy?

What if Anguirus healed and pitched in during the final battle of GVMG?

What if Anguirus was in GVM?

What if Anguirus helped Godzilla in TOMG?

(Obvious Angy fan :3 )
Shadow Arena History: Wins: 37(I'm heading for 50 :D) Losses: 26
Chris55 wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:^

Wont see that shit in Godzilla.
We did. A whole movie was based around it. It was called "GINO".

:)