Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Legionmaster »

In Marlon's gym. Team is fully evolved. Thank god for the Humilau move tutor, as Garbodor now has Drain Punch. He is a rape machine.
bleep bloop

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

My team is complete.

Ampharos Lv. 33
Magmar Lv. 42
Sunflora Lv. 34
Raticate Lv. 32
Azumarill Lv. 30
Heracross Lv. 36

Time to take on the Flying Gym!
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

So I did some research, and it turns out that if you restart the game, you loose any keys you unlocked... which is stupid, so your FORCED to have both games if you want to play one on Challenge Mode from the start. Thanks, Trollfreak.

And if you send Challenge Mode onto White 2... you cannot resend it to another game. it's only borrowing... Thank you again, Trollfreak. There goes my plans... Now I need a second Black 2 if I want to go through the game from the start on Challenge Mode... -_-
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Flygon King wrote:And if you send Challenge Mode onto White 2... you cannot resend it to another game. it's only borrowing... Thank you again, Trollfreak. There goes my plans... Now I need a second Black 2 if I want to go through the game from the start on Challenge Mode... -_-
I think you just need a White 2. I plan to pick one up over the weekend, that's if I can beat Black 2 before then.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

>Implying challenge mode will actually be any more challenging
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Legionmaster wrote:>Implying challenge mode will actually be any more challenging
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/gyms.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/elitefour.shtml

Yeah... I'd say Challenge Mode is more challenging... going by increased AI, levels, and rosters, anyway...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

...But all that means is you grind a little more. That's no biggie, and actually makes it less fun.
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Legionmaster wrote:...But all that means is you grind a little more. That's no biggie, and actually makes it less fun.
What were you expecting, Colosseum- level difficulty? Try going through the game without level grinding, then... It's gonna be FUN. Have fun with GHetsis's lv. 58 Hydreigon with high 40's low 50's guys...

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Gonna tackle the Dragon gym leader tomorrow I'm gonna do the grotto thing to find more Pokemon to fill my Pokedex before I go to the gym owo

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

Legionmaster wrote:...But all that means is you grind a little more. That's no biggie, and actually makes it less fun.
...Why would you grind when playing pokemon at all?

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Bentley wrote:
Why would I voluntarily fight trainers with Pokemon 5+ levels higher than mine?

If people want to make the game harder, just use shittier Pokemon and don't train them up as high. You don't need a magical mode to do that, and bitching about it doesn't stop it from being flawed logic.
bleep bloop

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Getting ready to tackle the Dragon gym. My team was completed yesterday due to Flygon evolved and I'm going to use him in the gym with Golduck using Blizzard. I know, Blizzard accuracy sucks but Ice Beam can't be found yet.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

Legionmaster wrote:
Bentley wrote:
Why would I voluntarily fight trainers with Pokemon 5+ levels higher than mine?

If people want to make the game harder, just use shittier Pokemon and don't train them up as high. You don't need a magical mode to do that, and bitching about it doesn't stop it from being flawed logic.
Actually if you try to train every pokemon you find, or most of them, you'll find yourself facing pokemon from 5 to 7 levels above you, and I played every pokemon game like that without ever finding it hard. This isn't voluntarily fighting overleveled trainers, I never planed to be underleveled, I just trained many things at once.

So are you saying I played the games... Wrong?

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Bentley wrote:So are you saying I played the games... Wrong?
I guess I technically implied it, but you said it first. My point is that these games are never going to be "hard" unless you put additional handicaps on yourself, and if you're looking for challenging RPS, search elsewhere.

Somewhat related, I beat the snot out of White Kyurem/Ghetsis. Shift Gear is a fun move. Snuggles (my Klinklang), could also be a comic book superhero with the poetic riches dialogue like this produces: "You know what really grinds my gears? People who selfishly abuse Pokemon for their own ends! It's snugglin' time!"
bleep bloop

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I don't understand how people could be underleveled. You have: the two sport courts everyday, certain trainers now that battle every time you enter or exit the route, all the Audinos that are EVERYWHERE, and you get a free Lucky Egg. I guess if you skip trainers that will happen.

I just beat the last gym and all my Pokemon are at level 50 or higher.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Tim85 wrote:I don't understand how people could be underleveled. You have: the two sport courts everyday, certain trainers now that battle every time you enter or exit the route, all the Audinos that are EVERYWHERE, and you get a free Lucky Egg. I guess if you skip trainers that will happen.

I just beat the last gym and all my Pokemon are at level 50 or higher.
5th is the easiest in my opinion. Giving you the lucky egg about half-way through really? Pokemon that give A LOT of exp are everywhere, I swear Route 7 is the easiest place to train in both games because almost every Pokemon gives about 1000 exp.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Mothra Freak wrote:Yup. I think Gen 3 is probably the hardest. At least, toward the beginning. Damn you, Brawly. Winona can be pretty bad, too, if you don't have a Manectric.
Emerald was a nightmare. Everyone was tough... Special mention goes to Wattson and Flannery, though. If you didn't start off with Mudkip, then both are gonna ruin you, Wattson via paralyze hax and powerful Shock Waves, and Flannery via Sunny-Day boosted Overheats.

For BW2, Marlon was a joke. His team is all Bulky waters with bad movepools and slow speed. Atleast Challenge Mode Marlon looks somewhat competent... then again, the same goes for all Gym Leaders under Challenge Mode, especially Elesa and Clay...

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Ironically, I never had a problem with Whitney's gym in HG/SS... I found her to be abit of a pushover, if anything. Machop ownage... and Geodude... and Nidoking... Yay moonstones! The same cannot be said for Clair...

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Flygon King wrote:Ironically, I never had a problem with Whitney's gym in HG/SS... I found her to be abit of a pushover, if anything. Machop ownage... and Geodude... and Nidoking... Yay moonstones! The same cannot be said for Clair...
I agree. I find her incredibly overrated.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

You peeps are too young to remember GSC, that's why.
bleep bloop