Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Flygon King wrote:That I can answer a resounding yes. You can trade between the two games (Despite the odd 2-year diffrence in-game), and you can have abttles and whatnot. BW2 are still 5th gen games, and such can interact with BW just fine. That's how I got my Mawile, Houndoom, and Keldeo onto my team...
Okay thanks, I just wasn't sure since BW2 has some "new" Pokemon.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Flygon King wrote:That I can answer a resounding yes. You can trade between the two games (Despite the odd 2-year diffrence in-game), and you can have abttles and whatnot. BW2 are still 5th gen games, and such can interact with BW just fine. That's how I got my Mawile, Houndoom, and Keldeo onto my team...
Okay thanks, I just wasn't sure since BW2 has some "new" Pokemon.
For those new pokemon, when you fight with someone from BW, the pokemon will look like their original forms on their screen, but will still have their altered form's stats and abilities...

EDIT: Garchomp is back down into OU, and Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are BANNED from OU... For all of you loving your Garchomps, now's the time to get back in there and use him...Just with Rough Skin, not Sand Veil...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

That is the dumbest crock of shit I've heard in a while.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Quick question guys, does anyone know if BW2 is backwards compatible with BW?
For trading? Yeah it is I've traded with people who needed Keldeo in their BW games and transferred my Charmander, Keldeo and Zekrom into W2 so it does work if you're battling or trading.
GreenAiden555 wrote:That is the dumbest crock of shit I've heard in a while.
Eh? :eh:

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

All this "HURR DON'T USE VIBRAVA" crap is amusing. FYI, I have a current team in Black of Mawile, Volbeat, Ledian, Corsola, Farfetch'd, and Spinda. I'm doing just fine, and all those Pokemon "suck" (moreso than Vibrava even). I've used Delibird before. I've used plenty of "bad" Pokemon, and haven't had problems with any of them.
bleep bloop

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

I just captured N's Sandile in the Desert Resort. Did anyone find N's Pokemon in the game? :D I wondered why the Pokemon shined with gems around it when I encountered Sandile turned out to be N's Sandile o.o

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Hellblaze wrote:I just captured N's Sandile in the Desert Resort. Did anyone find N's Pokemon in the game? :D I wondered why the Pokemon shined with gems around it when I encountered Sandile turned out to be N's Sandile o.o
I've found all his Desert pokemon, and his Ferroseed... If you find all of his pokemon, you can fight him once per season, and each season will have a different team for him... weather-based teams...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

I found his darminitan quite easily twice and caught it twice(I had to restart do to a accident). Can't find any of his other pokemon in the desert resort though.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Picked Black 2 up yesterday, and downloaded the Event Genesect. I'm not sure if I want to use it or not. Should I use it or should I pick up a Herocross later on in the game? I only want to use one of each type in the game.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Use the Genesect. It turns the game into Easy mode, and wrecks everything in it's path... plus that lovely bunch of immunities and resistances... only weak to fire. On the con side, you can't use it in the more advanced PWT tournaments.

Which bring me to... Oh boy. I swear the Gym Leader PWT tournaments are rigged against you. Final round of the Hoenn tournament, I go up against my favorite Gym Leader Flannery... and Flygon gets killed by a Crit Fire Gem boosted Fire Blast with a burn, and both Tyrannitar and Houndoom died to Magmorter... Freaking Cross Chop caught me off guard... and the other tournaments went even worse. DAMN YOU CRASHER WAKE!!!

natevirus
G-Force Personnel
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...

Post by natevirus »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:Has anyone else seen that PETA is attacking Pokemon? They even made their own terrible game, like they did with Mario.
Already did. All it did was make me want to play the actual Pokemon games. One of my friends say that the only reason by Nintendo hasn't sued PETA by now is because they know it will just give PETA more attention...PETA's basically being an attention whore like that...well, they always were attention whores anyway.
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

natevirus wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:Has anyone else seen that PETA is attacking Pokemon? They even made their own terrible game, like they did with Mario.
Already did. All it did was make me want to play the actual Pokemon games. One of my friends say that the only reason by Nintendo hasn't sued PETA by now is because they know it will just give PETA more attention...PETA's basically being an attention whore like that...well, they always were attention whores anyway.
Indeed that's all they want. Plus if Nintendo was gonna sue them they would've done it when they made fun of Mario and other various games.

Topic: In Chargestone Cave now to look for N's Pokemon. At the next city as well.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Got to Undella Town last night. I'm torn about Swords Dance vs. Coil for Serperior. SD gives me more immediate power, but Coil's accuracy boost will prevent Aqua Tail from derping out and getting it KOed. Wailmer was showing its lack of power...until it evolved. DAT HP. And Water Spout. And oh my Wailord using Hyper Voice is one of the most terrifying sounds I've heard in my entire life. Glaceon is Glaceon. It takes hits like a champ, and goes "lol you're not as bulky as you think you are" as it slaughters everything it fights. Even still with Icy Wind. Vibrava is Vibrava. It can't take hits and goes "lol I'm not as powerful as I think I am" as it comes out of every battle with slivers of HP remaining. It gets by, but is obviously the weak link on my team of mostly fully evolved Pokemon. Garbodor, how I love thee. It's not nearly as slow as you think it is, and Body Slam with built in flinching is amazing. An all-around solid stat distribution makes it one of my favorites on this team. And everything will only get better once it gets Drain Punch. And lastly is Klang, who is ok. He's better than Vibrava, but mostly only due to Steel's laundry list of resistances and the power of Gear Grind. He's going to be awesome once he gets Shift Gear though.
bleep bloop

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

Water Spout Wailord must be awesome indeed! Good to know Garbodor is not trash (pun intended)

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Bentley wrote:Water Spout Wailord must be awesome indeed!
Water Spout/Eruption on anyone is good. It's potentially Hyper Beam power without the recharge turn.
Good to know Garbodor is not trash (pun intended)
Move tutors help. It getting Seed Bomb earlyish is huge, and Drain Punch later will also help. Stench getting buffed this gen is also awesome. Trubbish is kind of terrible though, so once it got to the 30's it was a little difficult to train. Not as aweful as Golett, but still needed a little help. Thank god it evolves at 36 instead of 43, like Golett. Which is a shame, because Golurk is really cool.
bleep bloop

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

I'm a bit curious as to what a Wailord using Hyper Voice sounds like now...
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Whee Flygon! +Fire Punch! Now it doesn't suck!
bleep bloop

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Gonna try and play the game "on hardish mode" for my first run. Got rid of my starter, because I'm quite frankly not impressed by any of them this gen.

My Team:
Ratacate Lv. 30
Magmar Lv. 32
Ampharos Lv. 31
Sunflora Lv. 24

I've just beaten the 5th gym if anyone's wondering where I am in the game.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

natevirus
G-Force Personnel
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...

Post by natevirus »

Mothra Freak wrote:
MothraRocks wrote:I'm a bit curious as to what a Wailord using Hyper Voice sounds like now...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk3ZxmptZy8
Dory used Hyper Voice!
Marlin used Facepalm! (oh wait, he's a fish...Facefin)
Most likely Wailord would sound like a, well, a whale calling or bellowing when using Hyper Voice.
They are pretty loud so it makes sense, Wailord using Hyper Voice. Heck, it is able to learn Echoed Voice and Round, too.
Unless you are talking about the in-game sound-effect...then, that's a different story. :lol:
Last edited by natevirus on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Legionmaster wrote:Whee Flygon! +Fire Punch! Now it doesn't suck!
That's what I did as soon as I could after cleaning Opecluid of Team plasma...

After taking down Alder and my rival under Challenge Mode, I decided to level grind at Black Tower, and see how far I could get up...

I was at the 8th Area... And some lv. 76 Jolteon hax'd my team to death with crits, confuses via Signal Beam, and paralyze hax from Thunderbolt...My whole team went from 57/58 to around 64 or so... so now i'm ready for the rest of Unova...

EDIT: Off to do some more movies... and the Big Monster 4 movie should be retitled, "Attack of the Hax." I swear, that mecha-Tyrannitar keeps getting crits with Flamethrower, or keeps burning Slowbro... and I keep dying during the filming!