Enjoying Any Monster Movie Nights this October?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Enjoying Any Monster Movie Nights this October?

Post by Tormentor »

October, the time in which nightmares come out, be it slashers, creatures out of hell, or simply fantasy monsters.

While they may not be regarded as "horror" material, they are still enjoyable to experience!
Is anyone having a personal Monster Movie Night?

In terms of Monster Movie Night I mean, 1950's Monster Films, or Daikaiju Monster films. Maybe sit back and watch The Giant Claw? Or perhaps War of the Gargantuans? Or possible enjoy a nice trip back to Planet X with Godzilla versus Monster Zero/Invasion of the Astro Monster?

Hell why not go back into time with One Million Years B.C.?

------------------------------------------------------------

After the great news of LP's Godzilla film moving forward within recent weeks, and enjoying a nice re-watch of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms. I think for this October, I'm have gonna a well deserve Monster Movie Night. Involving the monsters from the 1950's (Or earlier) including some Daikaiju action as well.

I might kick it off on Halloween for me personally, or maybe have one every Friday out of this month. Not sure yet, but I think I'm going to dip into the older Monster films since i haven't experienced them for a very long, long time. ;)

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Re: Enjoying Any Monster Movie Nights this October?

Post by Gojira1963 »

During the month of October I watch as many scary movies that I can. I don't care for slasher films or films about mentally disturbed people. I live monster movies. Godzilla and all the others, plus I like wolves and vampires...the kind that don't sparkle...mummies, ghosts and other things that go bump in the night.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Considering that AMC's Monster/Fear Fest marathons for the last several years have been lacking (they usually show the same old Jasons & Michael Myers films) hell yeah I have my own monster movie marathon in October (been doing so for the last several years) Every October since I first started my yearly Halloween marathons I've been watching the following:

Japanese Sci-Fi & Fantasy films
Classic Universal monster films
Hammer Horror films
A few slashers (like the first 3 NOES films & Halloweens 1 (1978) & Halloween II (1981) & Halloweens 4, 5 & Resurrection (and also the first 5 Friday the 13th films)
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

The lady and I shall be dedicating a fair portion of this month to Universal horror flicks, culminating with a 3D screening of Creature from the Black Lagoon on Halloween night.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

I just re-watched Pumpkinhead for the first time since I was a kid.

I liked it. They pulled off a good monster flick on a shoestring budget.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Im mostly gonna watch horror movies with my girlfriend. We might watch the entire Heisei series and some Showa flicks.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Kaiju movies tend to be my favorite monster movies. I've never cared much for slashers, or the more 'human' monsters like vampires or werewolves. So there isn't usually much on TV that interests me this time of year. I'm toying with the idea of watching Gojira again, though. It's been over a year since I've seen it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

I'll probably watch Pumpkinhead some Godzilla movies and the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise(Excluding NOES 2 and the remake.).
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

In October, I try to watch at least two monster films a week. It's normally a 50s sci fi horror or a Japanese monster. I need to watch Gojira sometime soon, or save it for Halloween night.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

edgaguirus wrote:In October, I try to watch at least two monster films a week. It's normally a 50s sci fi horror or a Japanese monster. I need to watch Gojira sometime soon, or save it for Halloween night.
Well, November 3rd is Godzilla's anniversary. That's always a good occasion to watch it, even if it is a few extra days' wait.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

I'm going to have myself a Godzilla movie night sometime soon, most likely on the 27th where I'm off work for the entire day. So hurray! And I've only watched One Million B.C twice before when I was young, might try to find that film again and see how it stands up today after all these years :)

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I just watched a whole ton on Stephen King movies on AMC from ''Thinner, Silver Bullet, Cujo'' an several others including one with a giant Rat/Bat looking creature.. Today we got ''Tales from the Darkside, House on Haunted Hill, Friday the 13th, an Friday the 13th part 2''

Hopefully they show some more Classic's this year.. Last year was a bit of a disappointment. Anyways maybe Werewolf films like Dog Soldiers or beast of bray road for some cheesy entertainment.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I just watched a whole ton on Stephen King movies on AMC from ''Thinner, Silver Bullet, Cujo'' an several others including one with a giant Rat/Bat looking creature..
Sounds like night flyer. That film was pretty decent for a made for tv film. King has more movies based on his novels and short stories than any other author as far as I know.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I just watched a whole ton on Stephen King movies on AMC from ''Thinner, Silver Bullet, Cujo'' an several others including one with a giant Rat/Bat looking creature.. Today we got ''Tales from the Darkside, House on Haunted Hill, Friday the 13th, an Friday the 13th part 2''

Hopefully they show some more Classic's this year.. Last year was a bit of a disappointment. Anyways maybe Werewolf films like Dog Soldiers or beast of bray road for some cheesy entertainment.
Agreed but then again AMC's Monsterfest (or Fear Fest as they call it now) has been disappointing (IMO anyways) for the last few years or so now and I don't expect this year to be any different
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Encore Action is showing Godzilla vs Megaguirus on the 19th if anyone's interested. I was planning on watching it until I found out that channel isn't included in my package.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

They also showed it last Sunday. Encore Action shows G vs Meg. and GMK on a regular basis.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ They show GvsM: TBFE pretty often, too. And they used to have GvsD and GvsSG, though they haven't played those in years.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio