Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Giratina93 »

So I ran into an unexpected surprise out in the Resort Desert while looking for Tranpinch... N's lv. 35 Darmatian. I was about to have a bloody heart attack, cuz my guys were all lv. 22 or so, and Flare Blitz sweep wasn't something I was looking forward to... until it Belly Drum'd and wetn Psychic mode, and I caught it with a quick ball... So now, time to find as many of N's mons as possible...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

My Walmart got the game one day late shame on them! :mad: I got it today and I'm headed to the next city to get my second gym badge. Things I have remembered and gotten:

Genesect(in PC)
Dream World(Genesect tucked in and woken up got lots of goodies)
Befriended Druddigon and now is part of team(has awesome ability Mold Breaker and moves Fire Fang and Hone Claws)
Transfer Keldeo, Charmander egg and Zekrom into White 2

As for my team I currently have 3 eggs to hatch. My team is so far: Riolu, Mareep, Snivy, and Druddigon. The eggs are Eevee, Axew and Charmander. :) I'll get Black 2 and a prepaid card for the Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D Pro later. Right now Halo 4 is a must first once I get paid again. :shock:

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Trying to decide if I want Mareep or Magnamite for my electric pokemon. Mareep seems appealing just for the fact that the last game it was in was the Heartgold/soulsilver games(I mean main game by the way). Also I would also already have a part steel type in Lucario when my riolu finally evolves.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Bret wrote:Trying to decide if I want Mareep or Magnamite for my electric pokemon. Mareep seems appealing just for the fact that the last game it was in was the Heartgold/soulsilver games(I mean main game by the way). Also I would also already have a part steel type in Lucario when my riolu finally evolves.
They both have their cool parts. Ampharos is arguably my favorite electric type ever, and learning Discharge, Signal Beam, and Power Gem via level up is awesome. It's also quite bulky, but still boasts a sexy SpAtk stat. Magneton, on the other hand, gets ridiculous defenses with Eviolite (fuck you, Magnezone) and still boasts a massive SpAtk stat too. It also gets Tri Attack, which is one of my favorite moves ever. It's a tough choice, to be sure, but either one can work. Obviously, if you're worried about a fighting-type weakness because of doubling up on steel, then go with Ampharos.
bleep bloop

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

They announced one Korean event Jumpluff, pretty sweet :)

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

I've seen a lot of people saying that Magnemite makes the game easy mode, so the difficulty you want the game to be at might play a role too.

I very recently arrived in Castelia City. My Riolu evolved (I realized because I play a night often I had to change the time of day) and my Flaffy and Magby are easily holding their own. I plan on adding Trapinch after I can enter the desert. Should be a powerful addition to the team. Burgh shouldn't be a problem thanks to Magby, so I'm focusing on the other two while Magby can just farm the gym.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Legionmaster wrote:
Bret wrote:Trying to decide if I want Mareep or Magnamite for my electric pokemon. Mareep seems appealing just for the fact that the last game it was in was the Heartgold/soulsilver games(I mean main game by the way). Also I would also already have a part steel type in Lucario when my riolu finally evolves.
They both have their cool parts. Ampharos is arguably my favorite electric type ever, and learning Discharge, Signal Beam, and Power Gem via level up is awesome. It's also quite bulky, but still boasts a sexy SpAtk stat. Magneton, on the other hand, gets ridiculous defenses with Eviolite (fuck you, Magnezone) and still boasts a massive SpAtk stat too. It also gets Tri Attack, which is one of my favorite moves ever. It's a tough choice, to be sure, but either one can work. Obviously, if you're worried about a fighting-type weakness because of doubling up on steel, then go with Ampharos.
I'm most likely going to stick with Ampharos since it's been my favorite electric since the old Gold and Silver days. Besides I think I used a Magnazone before. My current team is Lucario,Venopede,sewaddle,Flaffey,and magby. Trying something different than the pokemon I went for in my white 1 playthrough. Lucario is the only one I chose to keep in my team. I'm thinking either a water or a psychic type would round out my team. So I am thinking of taking of the evee evolutions. I may switch out my venopede for a heracross, if I find venopede not doing doing much. I'm thinking maybe a trapinch too instead of a evee evolution.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

natevirus
G-Force Personnel
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...

Post by natevirus »

Garr...need to save up for Black 2 or White 2...until then, I'll just continue on in my White version (and HeartGold, which I still haven't finished somehow, and Platinum, which I beat but haven't really done much of the "post-game" stuff yet) cause I take my sweet-ass time playing Pokemon games. (literally try to capture as many Pokemon that are available as I possibly can, usually catching all the ones on a route or in a cave and then train each to a certain level for whatever reason, guess so I can experience raising each one in some way at some point)
Now, trying to tie up some loose ends, I guess, before taking on the Elite Four, that and testing out some strategies with different teams. Guess that is what I love about Black 1 and White 1, start with new Pokemon only, so I end up learning new team/type combinations from scratch so to speak, without trying to rely on Pokemon that I've worked with already from previous games (wasn't interested in transferring anything from HeartGold and Platinum; mainly before I got a National Dex yet, wanted to focus on the Pokemon in the Unova Dex first)
God I used to just rush through Red version when I first got it, only making my starter the strongest one I have. LOL That and rely on any legendary that I was able to catch (well, that was mainly Silver and Gold version, first time I played through Red and beat it, I ended up KOing the three birds cause the damn ball kept missing! Trying to change that now, as I have restarted my Red version months ago...if not a few years ago. Though I caught them in Yellow Version, never really used them though LOL)
LOL, In the end I guess I'm not all that competitive as I am in it for the experience of training trying out ideas or something nowadays. :lol: Ramble over.
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

Draglord wrote:Currently, I'm at Mistralton City. I'm just kinda dicking around there and catching pokes and getting items like the Lucky Egg. I might catch a Zebstrika before I go fight Skyla.

Here's my Team as of now:
Smugleaf (Servine)
Lucario
Sandslash
Volcarona
Axew (Gonna give this bitch a lucky egg, bitches love lucky eggs)
Ducklett

All of them are in their early 30s.
Has the new level-up movepool helped out Sandslash in your experiences?

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

THE GODZILLA wrote:Has the new level-up movepool helped out Sandslash in your experiences?
>Implying Sandslash needed help

Dude was awesome anyway.
bleep bloop

natevirus
G-Force Personnel
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...

Post by natevirus »

Legionmaster wrote:
THE GODZILLA wrote:Has the new level-up movepool helped out Sandslash in your experiences?
>Implying Sandslash needed help

Dude was awesome anyway.
Well, think it is nice that it can actually learn ground-type moves via leveling up now. Used to try and save my TM for Dig for Sandshrew in the older games.
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

natevirus wrote:Well, think it is nice that it can actually learn ground-type moves via leveling up now. Used to try and save my TM for Dig for Sandshrew in the older games.
Which became moot in BW anyway, because TMs are reusable. And it's moot in BW anyway anyway because you get Dig right where you get Sandshrew.
bleep bloop

natevirus
G-Force Personnel

Post by natevirus »

Legionmaster wrote:
natevirus wrote:Well, think it is nice that it can actually learn ground-type moves via leveling up now. Used to try and save my TM for Dig for Sandshrew in the older games.
Which became moot in BW anyway, because TMs are reusable. And it's moot in BW anyway anyway because you get Dig right where you get Sandshrew.
LOL that's why I said in the older games. :razz:

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

FInally dealt with Clay... That was a stupid gong show, took 6 resets to take him on... and all because I wanted for Mawile to kill his Krokorok and for Houndoom to kill his Exadrill... Damn hax kept screwing me over. After that, the PWT and Plasma Frigate were easy, and Volcarona cap was a sinch.

Servine, lv. 30
Mawile, lv. 29
Houndoom, lv. 29
Pupitar, lv. 30
Trapinch lv. 29
Keldeo lv. 29

... Man my guys are underleveled...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

So the DW is being stupid, so team plan change. Delibird and Heatmor are now gonna be Flygon and Glaceon. Just caught my Eevee (traded it to White to evolve it), and am training up for Burgh. I need a nickname for Glaceon though...Chillbert?
bleep bloop

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

Legionmaster wrote:So the DW is being stupid, so team plan change. Delibird and Heatmor are now gonna be Flygon and Glaceon. Just caught my Eevee (traded it to White to evolve it), and am training up for Burgh. I need a nickname for Glaceon though...Chillbert?

They did you a favor by keeping you away from Delibird...

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Bentley wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:So the DW is being stupid, so team plan change. Delibird and Heatmor are now gonna be Flygon and Glaceon. Just caught my Eevee (traded it to White to evolve it), and am training up for Burgh. I need a nickname for Glaceon though...Chillbert?

They did you a favor by keeping you away from Delibird...
I've used it before. And no, they didn't. Keeping me from my bros is never a favor.

And I need a nickname for Trapinch (went with Nippy for Glaceon). I'm thinking Haboob. Then I would have Blowhole, Nippy, and Haboob, none of which are sexual!
bleep bloop

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

I also have used Delibird before...

...hence my comment!!

I've trained worse though :S

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

It's ok, I plan on using a Sunkern one day. Note: not a Sunflora. A Sunkern.

Also, for this team, I seriously considered Skitty for a few minutes. What with Wailord on my team.
bleep bloop

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Legionmaster wrote:It's ok, I plan on using a Sunkern one day. Note: not a Sunflora. A Sunkern.

Also, for this team, I seriously considered Skitty for a few minutes. What with Wailord on my team.
Oh, but of course...

Trapinch just evolved... and there goes his 100 base attack... I IZ SAD. Vibrava is pretty much the dark zone for the Flygon line.

Also just ran across a double battle with two trainers using a Zangoose and a Seviper... oh the irony! :P