question for those who have read the Godzilla 94 script

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
unusedgoji
Ronin

question for those who have read the Godzilla 94 script

Post by unusedgoji »

This is my very first topic here in the T.K forums so i will start with this little game.

If you had the time to read the full script of the unreleased 1994 Godzilla and you wished it wish it was filmed, what actor or actress would you think it would have been part of the cast ?

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Re: question for those who have read the Godzilla 94 script

Post by Legionmaster »

Tyler wrote:A lot of the cast you see in Twister were considered first for de Bont's Godzilla.
I would pay top dollar to see Godzilla vs. Bill Paxton.
bleep bloop

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Do you mean the Godzilla '98 script?

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

GodzillaSpawn wrote:Do you mean the Godzilla '98 script?
No, the original Tristar script. It was to be released in 1994. Godzilla was created by Aliens and he fought a giant bat creature called Gryphon.

http://www.wordplayer.com/archives/GODZILLA.script.html
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Oh, wow. I remember all the Gryphon hype and even photos of the maquette, but I never actually read about the script.

That....is bold. To say the least.

My cast?

Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum.

Oh wait...

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

[In movie trailer voice] This summer, see Bill Paxton, Helen Hunt, and Philip Seymour Hoffman in GODZILLA! XD

To be honest, I really wouldn't have minded seeing that cast in an American Godzilla movie. lol
Way better talent that what Emmerich gave us... Matthew Broderick (Stay on Broadway!), Maria Patillo (the one other thing I saw her in was one unmemorable episode of Friends), Kevin Dunn (Who I admit, did a good job... even as Sam Witwicky's dad in the Transformer films, I still see him as the ignorant Colonel Hicks), Hank Azaria (stick to the Simpsons bud), Harry Shearer (again... Simpsons). The only cast member who I did like was Jean Reno.

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Tyler wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I c wut u did ther. :P
No really, it's true.
Tyler's right. No casting was ever done for GODZILLA, but Jan DeBont had Helen Hunt in mind to play Jill Llewellyn and Bill Paxton for Nelson Fleer.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

After reading the synopsis to Godzilla '94(although, between filming, and post-production, I think the flick would've hit the multiplexes by the summer of 1996. Probably, even beating out INDEPENDENCE DAY the top spot in that summer movie season. Anywho, Aaron Vaught's guide to the underwater caves, which lead the happless duo to the Gryphon's grotto, Nelson Fleer. I always pictured being played by Kurtwood Smith(Red Forman from That 70's Show !). Colonel Pike, the Army Ranger who sought that Godzilla should go down with the Gryphon no matter what, he would be played by Robert Patrick(Terminator 2:Judgement Day, X-Files). Phillip Seymor Hoffman, who had a role in De Bont's Twister, I could see him with the long hair being one the two rednecks that pop up throughout the film until the Probe Bats take them out, Stu or John. And for Jill Llewellyn's poor husband ,Keith, who is killed in the course of Godzilla's awakening, the one dude that pops into my noggin is the one and only Bruce Campbell.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Legionmaster wrote:
Tyler wrote:A lot of the cast you see in Twister were considered first for de Bont's Godzilla.
I would pay top dollar to see Godzilla vs. Bill Paxton.
I would pay with my kidney to see Godzilla vs Dusty.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1