Lost Project: All Monsters Attack Directive (1968)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
magnus9999
Ronin

Lost Project: All Monsters Attack Directive (1968)

Post by magnus9999 »

as it would be the plot of this lost project without gorosaurus, anguirus, minira? as he would developed be the history?'
Last edited by magnus9999 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: All Monsters Attack Directive(1968)

Post by MaxRebo320 »

English would help.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Say what?
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

magnus9999 wrote:as it would be the plot of this lost project without gorosaurus, anguirus, minira? as he would developed be the history?'
O...kay...

I'm gonna pretend to understand here. How would Godzilla's history be different if this film was made? Well, it's basically just Destroy All Monsters with minor changes. I don't see what difference it would've made if the monster cast was slightly different. They'd all beat up Ghidorah at the end, so it really doesn't matter...

... if that's even the question...

http://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_room ... ective.htm

The cast of DAM was better, IMO. But it would've been cool to see Maguma in a Goji movie.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

I don't think it would've affected anything really. We probably would've had Maguma and Ebirah (and maybe Kong and the Gargantuas) added in the cast, but that seems to be it. I think it probably would've done well at the box office and ensured Godzilla another couple years of popularity.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Well, that plan didn't include Angilas.

Had Angilas not been included, that possibly would have signficantly altered the history of my personal relationship with the Godzilla series, since his absence from the later Showa films might have meant no Yamakatsu Angilas figure being produced, thus my not having that figure when I was a kid, thus my not taking an interest in the Angilas entry in Jeff Rovin's encyclopedia of monsters, and in turn not taking an interest in the study of the Godzilla franchise as a kind of mythology.

Of course, since I was already a fan of Godzilla - King of the Monsters, King Kong vs. Godzilla, and Godzilla 1985 by that point, maybe I still would have become a serious fan of the whole series around the same time. Difficult to say.

Anyway, I love me some Angilas, and am muy thankful for his major role in the later Showa flicks, so I'm quite happy the DAM line-up became what it is.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

As neat as it would have been to have Maguma and Ebirah in DAM, there would have been one major change: no more Anguirus. DAM was his second moment in the spotlight, and had he been nudged out of the movie, I don't think he would have been used ever again.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.