Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Post by SJM925 »

I hate Crapcom.

I was CONSIDERING getting this for PC... No. Not with they're current strategy to feed their consumers like they do.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

"We want the CAWADOOTY audience."

DLC announcement before the game is released. SERIOUSLY, you're gonna release a game and announce DLC WHILE THE GAME IS STILL IN PRODUCTION?

Monster Hunter is dead outside of Japan. And then Dragon's Dogma, that slap in the face.

They murdered Megaman and are giving some companies the run around on releasing merchandise for Megaman.

Street Fighter V in 2013, Ultimate Edition in Q4 2013, Super Unlimited Powerhouse edition in 2014. See above.

Yeah. RE6 looks entertaining, but considering their current structure and method to handling their different series that fans ADORE....

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Well Resident Evil 6 really krept up on me. Hopefully it can capture the tension and awe of RE4 (still one of the best goddamne games I've ever play... if not THE best) that was severely lacking in 5. Am I the only one here who positively despised 5? And don't get me started on the African controversy.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

I liked Resident Evil 5 for what it was. Sure it lacked horror & Sheva's AI wasn't great but I had plenty of fun with it. As a RE game, its okay.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

It seemed short and incomplete. Resident Evil 4 was such a long, rewarding, and complete experience and you think they'd want to up the ante. And it looks like they were going to...

Rossk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rossk »

RedZillaKing wrote:And don't get me started on the African controversy.
What? Is shooting blacks racist?

What about the spanish in RE4? was that racist against spanish?

fucking cry babies.
'MURICA!

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

It took place in Africa so the abundance of African "zombies" shouldn't have been a surprise. I wish we got to see the developers' original vision. I'm sure it was heavily modified. :roll:

Rossk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rossk »

RedZillaKing wrote:It took place in Africa so the abundance of African "zombies" shouldn't have been a surprise. I wish we got to see the developers' original vision. I'm sure it was heavily modified. :roll:
How is that racist?

You sir, are the racist.

When someone posts a image, and and that one guy points out, "that is racist" when no one else did, then he's the true racist. I recommend watching the South Park episode with the new town flag.
'MURICA!

Rossk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rossk »

That picture is just people hanging a guy. If you see anything else then you are the real racist.
'MURICA!

bananaoil
G-Force Personnel

Post by bananaoil »

Beating a dead horse here, but it's no surprise that not every country is predominately populated by white people. Resident Evil is a story that spans the entire planet. Bio-terrorist attacks occur all over the globe. RE4 was set in Spain. 1/3 of RE6 will be set in China. Where there are black people and a bio-weapon outbreak, there are going to be black zombies/plagos/mutations. Hell, the first four games had mostly white zombies, and that wasn't racist. You know why? Because they were set in locations predominately populated by white people. No, if RE5 had been called "Ni**er Hunters and Jigaboo Jailers," and had the aim of the game been to kill as many black people as possible, then yeah, that'd be a racist production.
Daikaiju is better with rainbows!!!

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Chris55 wrote:Anyone play the RE6 demo? It's pretty good! Leon looks like he'll have the best campaign
Yeah, I just got finished playing each one about three times through. Leon's was pure Resident Evil, Chris's was um, Gears? 3rd person Call of Duty? Not really familiar with the shooter genre. Jake's was a mix between the two styles. Leon's was straight horror. Chris's was straight action.

Can't say I have a favorite. Loved the whole thing. Definitely seems like a stronger entry than five. Guess we'll see.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

^I hope so. As much as I like RE 5, it wasn't a really great game. Enjoyable maybe but not truly great. I hope that RE 6 changes that with the three campaigns & what I've been hearing about it.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Arrrggh me too. 5 felt more like a less enjoyable multiplayer expansion to 4 than a new entry. This at least is an entirely different game. The forced multiplayer is a bit annoying but I guess that's where we are.

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Post by Sachiel »

Gamespot always gives videogames with low scores! Whats new? But by all accounts, RE6 seems to be the game that is getting really polarizing views. Some guys are raving about it, while others are cursing and giving it bad reviews. Guess its a love or hate affair with this. Amazing though that this thing looks worse than RE5 even though it runs on the same graphics engine....

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Ehhh I think that this game is pretty good on its own merits. Is it classic Resident Evil? (Aside from Leon's campaign in this game) not really. But is it fun? For me personally, hell yeah. I can totally understand why some people despise this game (the whole perk system is akward as hell and I miss the whole uploading your guns with bullets)

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

When RE6 reviews started trickling in I was surprised at the lower scores. Now that I have played through it, I'm really scratching my head. This game is a blast! My cousin and I have spent a ton of time going through the campaign. And Mercernaries rocks, as usual!

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

RedZillaKing wrote:When RE6 reviews started trickling in I was surprised at the lower scores. Now that I have played through it, I'm really scratching my head. This game is a blast! My cousin and I have spent a ton of time going through the campaign. And Mercernaries rocks, as usual!
From what I heard on Giantbomb, one of the their biggest complaints about the game is about the QTEs and the lack of feedback on enemies. Like you would pump a lot of bullets into enemies and their would be nothing telling you were doing anything.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Hellspawn28 wrote:The game has a really low score from users on Metacritic. I think that site is a good example why you should not let trolls and crazy fanboys rate things freely. It's just as bad as IMDB.
Just because someone rates a game you like badly doesn't mean that they are a troll.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

I play a game, if I enjoy it, it's good, I don't care about ratings at all
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

Rockzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Rockzilla »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I read through most of the comments, most of them are just spam and troll comments. That's why I stick with reviews on Game Rankings instead.

Yeah the metacritic rankings for the 360 version in particular is pure trolls. All I gotta say is haters gonna hate. Resident Evil 6 is much better than 5 IMO. After playing 7 RE games with the same formula and play style, I have no desire for Capcom to go back to square one. Yes I said 7, that includes RE 1-3,CVX,Zero,and the Outbreak games.