Ghidorah and his Three Heads

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Ghidorah and his Three Heads

Post by Mincecraft »

Got 2 questions here that I thought would rouse some discussion.

First, does each of Ghidorahs heads (in any era) have different personalities? Or is it one mind, like a hive mind?

And second, if one happens to know the science behind it, how does controlling three heads work? Are they all a different animal or one brain?

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Re: Ghidorah and his Three Heads

Post by SoleMan »

Supposedly, each head has a different ping to it. (If you listen when he's cackling, you'll hear three distinct sounds) but there's no clear indication that his heads behave different from one another. They always seem to be looking in different directions, and paying attention to different things.

There's probably only one head that connects to the spinal column, and can control motor functions. (Or else they all have the same idea of movement at once) Because they each move indepentaly of each other, they have to seperate minds, otherwise they would move in unison.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

JoBattra
GPN Volunteer

Post by JoBattra »

I always assumed that it was a hive mind sort of thing, that makes more sense to me
scarecrow wrote:
Dust_pan wrote:
Reaper Man wrote:Shipping in general is never a good idea.
Yet I'm compelled to post here.

Megalon and Moguera.

*Drilling noises*

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I think while each head has a different personality, the central head controls everything.

#BotM

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The 3 brains are all connected by spinal cords, hence they all function together i.e. one mind.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Each head can act independently, with a brain in each, but it's likely there's a sacral brain that the three connect to. It'd allow each head to communicate and work together when needed.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Reaper Man
Monsterland Worker

Post by Reaper Man »

In the Showa series there were little moments where the heads seemed to "talk" to each other. So maybe they were different facets of his personality or something? It'd make sense for Tsuburaya to do that, as he was fond of putting little personality quirks into the monsters.

Eh, it's all wild mass guessing anyway.
Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Post by ghidorasauras »

Maybe theirs a central brain(in the stomach or something) that controls every body movement, but each head thinks differently, and has their own personality.
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

^ I did a short story, "Fall of the Golden Dragon" where I did a little something with the heads. If your interested check it out in the fanfic section.