Hypothetical Godzilla Cartoon Series - Who Should Lead?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
DaveTheAnalyzer
Samurai

Re: Hypothetical Godzilla Cartoon Series - Who Should Lead?

Post by DaveTheAnalyzer »

I was thinking of having Godzilla and his friends having their relationships developed, each fight either solidifying or potentially breaking a bond. Returning to my own example, after said third party monster interrupts Godzilla and Anguirus's fight, there would be a scene in the water where the injured pair find themselves very close by. They are tense, since they are still enemies but one decides to heal the other as a debt for some save earlier. Whether they like it or not, that creates a bond between them, a bond that won't go away any time soon. Another is one of them fighting the third party Ghidorah, and the other is indecisive over whether to attack Ghidorah or the other monster he was fighting earlier.

Plus some backstory exploration that could figure interestingly with the fights. Though such scenes could be difficult to pull of, since it would rely on body language and some roaring.

MechaZillaClone
GPN Volunteer

Post by MechaZillaClone »

ScootaVaran wrote:Ok...
*Takes another drink of beer*

It's called Monster Island High!
It stars all the Toho monsters as kids just trying to make it through high school in one piece.

Godzilla, The new kid in school. has to proves to himself and others that he is tough and cool. yet gets pick on.
Anguirus, A big nerd that clings to Godzilla for surport and friendship.
Mothra, The peppy cheerleader that loves nature.
Gigan, The techno geek
King Kong, The Jock
Rodan, another friend of Godzillas but also one of the cool kids everyone loves.
King Ghidorah, The bully just out to make Godzillas day a bad one.
Destroyah, King Ghidorahs partner that always laughs at his jokes.
...and so on

I like your idea, and I'd like to add on it if I may...
Gorosaurus-A friend of Godzilla's who is kinda just there, and has a huge rivalry with King Kong
Manda, Baragon, and Varan- the group who talks the talk but can't walk the walk
Gabara-a follower of King Ghidorah, and is a super senior as well
Megaguirus-Mothra's rival
Hedorah-the girl who has low self-esteem and is friends with Megaguirus
Megalon-Gigan's real dumb friend
King Ceasar-the Hippie
Titanosaurus-Another Jock who is friends with Kong
Biollante-Mothra's best friend and "likes" Godzilla
Battra-Mothra's asshole brother (also a Jock)
SpaceGodzilla-Godzilla's overweight cousin who is twice removed and ends up joining King Ghidorah's click
Zilla-Godzilla's Jealous younger brother
Monster X-Ghidorah's Gangsta brotha, who ends up teaching Manda, Baragon, and Varan a lesson

thats all I could think of for now
Last edited by MechaZillaClone on Sat May 18, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shadow Arena
Wins-0
Losses-2

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I think an animated series would suit Ultraman better than Godzilla.

Godzillabrawler
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillabrawler »

The human cast absolutely requires Captain Gordon. It'd be amazing if Don Frye would agree to voice him, too.

Ozaki is kind of a given, because you could, for one, make him less of a Neo clone and more of his own thing. Particularly, I think something along the lines of the KWC match of Godzilla vs Dogora portrayal of Ozaki is sufficient. The "human Godzilla" in short. Just without a tail or atomic breath.
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."