Best End of Era Film

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Which of the era enders was the best?

Terror of Mechagodzilla (Showa)
48%
Godzilla vs Destroyah (Heisei)
45%
Godzilla:Final Wars (Millenium)
7%

Total votes: 98

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Re: Best End of Era Film

Post by ghidorasauras »

^ the world wasn't destroyed just Japan
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

ghidorasauras wrote:^ the world wasn't destroyed just Japan
All of the cities that the monsters attacked were destroyed. New York, Paris, Shanghai, Sydney, Arizona, Okinawa, etc. Not to mention the aliens sent fleets of ships all over the world.

So yeah, the world is destroyed.
Last edited by GotengoXGodzilla on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

ghidorasauras wrote:^ the world wasn't destroyed just Japan
And the USA, China, France, Australia. Meanwhile, everywhere else was overrun by chocolate covered, turtle hating fat kids.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Post by ghidorasauras »

^ that's not really total destruction. there are cities other than new york, paris, shanghai, sydney, arizona, and okinawa.
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

ghidorasauras wrote:^ that's not really total destruction. there are cities other than new york, paris, shanghai, sydney, arizona, and okinawa.
Again, the Xilliens sent ships throughout the entire world, we just don't see the destruction of those cities. It's safe to assume that lots of other cities other then those are destroyed. Thus, the world is destroyed.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Meh, I call bullshit till I see some proof. While the Karyu faced off against Anguirus the sky was filled with Xiilien ships. This says to me that the ships focused on the major cities. Saying that they destroyed the world without any official statement just because we saw the ruins of some major cities and Tokyo at the end.... Well it just seems like nothing more than fan speculation.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Tokyo, Shanghai, and New York are kind of big deals. There may be entire countries of relative size that are unscathed, but they will be hurting considerably after the Xilians attacked.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

I agree with that for sure. The world took a hit, but I doubt it was entirely destroyed.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

RedZillaKing wrote: While the Karyu faced off against Anguirus the sky was filled with Xiilien ships. This says to me that the ships focused on the major cities.
Or, there are just a shit ton of Xillien ships. And they could send that many ships to every major city in the world, and still have tons left over to send to the rest of the world.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

And yet that's based on nothing. If anything, destroying minor targets is a good way to assure that you annihilate the resources you conquered Earth to get in the first place.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

RedZillaKing wrote:And yet that's based on nothing. If anything, destroying minor targets is a good way to assure that you annihilate the resources you conquered Earth to get in the first place.
It's based off of the seemingly endless number of smaller ships that the Mothership had. It would be stupid to think that they would only send their infinite ships to only the major cities.

Then again, this is the same movie that has Minya humping a truck, so I shouldn't be surprised if they made the villains that stupid.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
Then again, this is the same movie that has Minya humping a truck, so I shouldn't be surprised if they made the villains that stupid.
Yeah wtf was that? But anyway, my point is I see the Xilians just hitting the major cities in order to conquer Earth and then enslaving the Earthlings after their surrender. Destroying everything would be counterproductive to their goals as many potential slaves/"cattle" would be destroyed.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote: While the Karyu faced off against Anguirus the sky was filled with Xiilien ships. This says to me that the ships focused on the major cities.
Or, there are just a shit ton of Xillien ships. And they could send that many ships to every major city in the world, and still have tons left over to send to the rest of the world.
The thing is, the Mothership needs room to not only store theses ships, but provide living space for all the pilots, the various corridors and rooms of the ship, and room for all the captured monsters like Gigan.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
The thing is, the Mothership needs room to not only store theses ships, but provide living space for all the pilots, the various corridors and rooms of the ship, and room for all the captured monsters like Gigan.
They can hold all of that stuff because of plot magic. Another sign of how the writing for GFW sucks.

Jahgee
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jahgee »

Godzilla: Final Wars, it ends off the series without killing him but actually ending off the series.
One of Toho Kingdom's 2 resident NASCAR fans
There was a time where I was Admin

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Tyler wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:Then again, this is the same movie that has Minya humping a truck, so I shouldn't be surprised if they made the villains that stupid.
Yeah wtf was that?
He wanted in the car... ?
But he didn't have to hump it. Banging on the doors and trying to open it? Fine. But humping it? No.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Tyler wrote:Did he really hump it or are you just looking for another reason to complain about the movie?
Humping it was what it looked like when I first saw the film. I've always thought it looked like he was humping it, even when I enjoyed the film a long time ago.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

The only instances of humping in the Godzilla series are the car molestation in Godzilla's Revenge, and Godzilla all over Gigan in his debut film. It's also possible there was off-screen intercourse between Emmy and Terasawa. Who knows, perhaps the Blu-Ray will feature such deleted scene...
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Ethan wrote:The only instances of humping in the Godzilla series are the car molestation in Godzilla's Revenge, and Godzilla all over Gigan in his debut film. It's also possible there was off-screen intercourse between Emmy and Terasawa. Who knows, perhaps the Blu-Ray will feature such deleted scene...
I always thought that scene was supposed to look like the Ichiro is just jumping up and down on the car, not humping it.

At least, I don't think he was intended to hump it.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Gojira-Fan wrote:
Ethan wrote:The only instances of humping in the Godzilla series are the car molestation in Godzilla's Revenge, and Godzilla all over Gigan in his debut film. It's also possible there was off-screen intercourse between Emmy and Terasawa. Who knows, perhaps the Blu-Ray will feature such deleted scene...
I always thought that scene was supposed to look like the Ichiro is just jumping up and down on the car, not humping it.

At least, I don't think he was intended to hump it.
He's wearing booty shorts. His intentions should be clear.
bleep bloop