Monster X vs. Utsuno Ikusagami Discussion

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Monster X vs. Utsuno Ikusagami Discussion

Post by Blackout286 »

I expect a bit of a sting to those who gravely dislike Monster X lol Still, he's the type of monster who can be used properly if given some unique material to work with. I'm still getting the hang on writing matches, I guess you could say that this was more of a updated test run with some improvements here and there. Despite this being a test run for myself, I hope this will give K.W.C writers some kind of inspiration to kick themselves into over-drive so they could create a match they enjoy. Hope it helps in some way :)

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster X vs. Utsuno Ikusagami Discussion

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

This fanfic/match is good, but one problem. Why is it all quotes?
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

That was a pretty awesome match, the description of Monster X's throne was great, and how the match actually displayed forms of tactics between Monster X and Utsuno Ikusagami was something I had not seen in a long, long time. Still, I was surprised that X won, I guess not everybody hates him :lol:

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:This fanfic/match is good, but one problem. Why is it all quotes?
Thank you, and I put them in quotes because I wanted to lol

And thanks to you too Gojira, I'll meet with ya online in Max Anarchy in the next hour.

Godzilla1703
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla1703 »

That match was great, the discription was beautiful, and the display of tactics was cool. Ive never seen that in a match.
Shadow Arena History: Wins: 37(I'm heading for 50 :D) Losses: 26
Chris55 wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:^

Wont see that shit in Godzilla.
We did. A whole movie was based around it. It was called "GINO".

:)

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

You may be my favorite K.W.C./match writers by this point. Your stuff is just beautiful, very slow and descriptive. It has this grim, surreal feel to it as well, even in the positive moments. Great stuff. The tactic and thought displayed by Monster X was incredible. Would have never expected from the guy, but you made it work.

Poor Angy though...

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

HayesAJones wrote:You may be my favorite K.W.C./match writers by this point. Your stuff is just beautiful, very slow and descriptive. It has this grim, surreal feel to it as well, even in the positive moments. Great stuff. The tactic and thought displayed by Monster X was incredible. Would have never expected from the guy, but you made it work.

Poor Angy though...
Thank you my good sir! i still have a bit of a long ways to go with kaiju matches, but I'm glad that you and everyone else enjoyed it :D

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

Hooray!Monster X finally wins another match! :huge: :xilien:I love this match and I could completely imagine Monster X sitting on his throne just tapping on Kong's skull.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Post by Tormentor »

Alright, this has to be a K.W.C match, its just that awesome! And I share the same thoughts as well, Monster X finally get's a win, and the fight in itself was amazingly well done. Glad to see some tactics within a match, as stated before its a rare thing to read, especially within clear detail from the opposing forces themselves.

Great work there Blackout!

DagarahX
Samurai

Post by DagarahX »

I have to say that this is the type of material that I would expect out of a K.W.C match. Blackout, was this the match you were keeping in storage as your next entry? If so then it was awesome and purely enjoyable, I have to agree with Hayes and everyone else that this match was much more than I had expected.
You should talk to TitanoGoji to see if you can host it up to rid away the K.W.C dry spell for a bit.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

DagarahX wrote:I have to say that this is the type of material that I would expect out of a K.W.C match. Blackout, was this the match you were keeping in storage as your next entry? If so then it was awesome and purely enjoyable, I have to agree with Hayes and everyone else that this match was much more than I had expected. You should talk to TitanoGoji to see if you can host it up to rid away the K.W.C dry spell for a bit.
I've been caught! xD

Yes sir, you are correct. This was suppose to be my next K.W.C match, but I decided to just use it as some kind of inspiration for K.W.C writers, or anyone interested in writing a match but are kinda stuck in getting it off the ground. Besides I'd rather let other members have their shine in K.W.C, they probably have some interesting matches. Hell they probably have better matches than my own, so with that in mind, I can wait a little longer before getting another chance to shine. :) Thanks for the support though, and once again, thanks to everyone for enjoying it!

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Ya' know, this probably sounds self-centered and dickish, but I've been waiting to holding back on matches until more of mine get put up. I dunno, I just feel I should be seeing some progress if I'm gonna keep writing.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

That's not really dickish, its pretty understandable to be honest. You send in work, but none of it gets posted up, and thus, you don't really see the reason as to why you should continue making more matches if all that's going to happen is that they'll be collecting dust. So you pretty much stop and hope that your work is even remembered or considered to be used, and if not, then what's the point?

I guess its a matter of who's running things and if you letting them know about your situation. It could turn out well for you if you do that, or you might not make any progress at all. It's a 50/50 deal IMO.