The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Re: Star Wars

Post by Legionmaster »

miguelnuva wrote:This is now officially the first time I've heard Star Wars is racist.
Watto also gets accused of being offensively Jewish.
bleep bloop

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Legionmaster wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:This is now officially the first time I've heard Star Wars is racist.
Watto also gets accused of being offensively Jewish.
And Nute Gunray gets accused of being offensively Chinese.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

And Jabba is Sicilian.
bleep bloop

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

And people say Star Wars is sexist because Padme and Shmi died of tragic deaths.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

wataru wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:And people say Star Wars is sexist because Padme and Shmi died of tragic deaths.
If they want tragic deaths, they need to watch more Asian cinema. Chinese films LOVE to kill the strong male protagonist. Korean manwha as well
I was gathering that the sexism argument was a "women in refrigerators" statement in which the death of a female character on serves a purpose to further the development of the hero. The Asian cinema point doesn't really relate to what GvZ was saying.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

Jar Jar isn't any more of a stereotype of Jamaicans, than CP3O is a stereotype of English butlers. And don't let me get started on the various midget races in that universe.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

wataru wrote:Art 101.

White is the absence of all color.
Black is all color.
And neither are technically considered colors.

Take out your paint set (if you have one). Mix all three primary colors. You'll get black.
It's cute when you think you know things.

Red, blue, and yellow are only primary colors in additive color mixing. Red, blue, and green are the primary colors in subtractive color mixing.

Objects appear white when they contain no pigments. This makes the object appear to "not have any color" because it reflects light throught the spectrum. The actual light (white light) that enters your eyes contains wavelengths of all colors. You can't actually "see" black, as no such thing as black light exists ("black lights" are, in fact, not black). This is because black is the absence of any light at all (and thus the absence of any light of colored wavelengths). The fine art definitions of color are narrow and only used in that field. Physical definitions of colors, wavelengths, and spectrums is the basal definition set.
bleep bloop

GojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by GojiFan »

LGM beat me to it.
Legionmaster wrote:You can't counter-seduce, women can shut down their libido at will. It's scary fast too. You'll have to do the man version: punch her in the face.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

So...um...Star Wars! Yay...how about that?...

Anyone see that new Clone Wars trailer?
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

GojiFan wrote:LGM beat me to it.

Kickin' my feets into hyperdrive, sleemo.
bleep bloop

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:So...um...Star Wars! Yay...how about that?...

Anyone see that new Clone Wars trailer?
I think I have.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I'm still wondering what Clone Wars is up to for their 100th episode next season.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

JVM wrote:I'm still wondering what Clone Wars is up to for their 100th episode next season.
Probably nothing much since episode 110 will be the series finale, at least thats what I'm assuming since it was a 5 year plan of "at least 100 episodes" and 22X5=110. I was just kind of hoping the series would end with a movie similiar to how it started. But I guess not. It would have been nice to get an amalgamation retelling of the last couple of episodes of the previous CW series and the EU novel "Labrynth of Evil" to iron out the inconsistancies leading up to Episode III.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Clones Wars is confirmed for a season 6 and a possible season 7.

I wish that they would show around episode III in the last season then maybe they could feature Ahsoka in episode III and order 66 without her being in RotS the movie.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

with all due respect for Star Wars, and the desire to see a long-lived TV seies of anykind, it seems like a hollow victory. Lucas has enough money to privaetly fund this show for 10 more years if he wanted to. Ratings have been terrible since the lackluster beginning of season 3, and only occasional spikes when you throw in Chewbacca or Darth Maul. I want a show to succeed on its own merit, not because its creator has a bazillion dollars. It appears every other show I like is doomed to end in 2 seasons or less. Transformers:Prime might be the exception.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Ratings have been pretty decent for a show on a cable network, especially an animated cartoon that airs on Friday nights.

Anyways, I do encourage people to give the show a shot. Despite and iffy first season, I easily think it's one of the better Star Wars properties in recent years.

Viva la revolucion!
Samurai

Post by Viva la revolucion! »

Imagine huh? Lucas makes a new trilogy based on Darth Plaeguis and he redeems himself!!

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:Ratings have been pretty decent for a show on a cable network, especially an animated cartoon that airs on Friday nights.

Anyways, I do encourage people to give the show a shot. Despite and iffy first season, I easily think it's one of the better Star Wars properties in recent years.
When The Phantom Menace got re released in 3d Adult did a marathon of a story arc it had to do with witches or something like that seemed pretty interesting. Introduced Maul's brother too. I think those are the first full episodes I have seen though.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

^Yes, the Witches of Dathomir.
bleep bloop