Let's just break this Revoltech/Tamashii debate down to the following dispassionate
- it depends on a (very) personal point of view, which variant one would possibly enjoy/appreciate/look forward to more
- both companies/lines have NOT yet said ANYTHING about future "Gamera III"-releases
- for Revoltech fans it would be incredibly cool to finally get a complete Heisei trilogy figure set
- for Tamsahii fans it would be incredilbly cool if they'd enter the Gamera universe, especially with the uber-cool looking G3 monsters
- we shouldn't throw phrases against each other about who's positive or negative, it's just to no achievement
Let's just bury it this way friends, OK?
However, now comes my own sentimental
point of view:
I'd appreciate if Gamera 1999, Irys & Hyper Gyaos get the MonsterArts treatment at some point. This is because personally I simply like SHMA a little bit more, mostly because their figures are overall bigger (and due to that I feel like they're also even more detailed), have even more joints (e.g. the tails), are actually IN SCALE to each other (that's really rare with affordable Kaiju toy lines) and Tamashii has not yet officially "banned" major characters from the line, like Revoltech did, which I believe like killed off their sales and the line as a whole. Hate me, but I sold my Revoltechs after I got to know there'll be NO Godzilla, NO Ghidorah and NO Mechagodzilla, plus I'm on the fence about correct scale, anyway).
However, despite of myself favorizing SHM, I'll be 100% OK with it, if BANDAI decides against Gamera and Revoltech possibly doing them instead. No problem at all, I'd actually be glad for the ones, who are into the Revoltechs. I might even very well consider getting back the other Heisei Gamera Revoltechs, if there might ever be a complete set of characters from all three films available.