The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Re: Star Wars

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Rex, like Ahsoka, is an enigma. We don't know what happens to him, which makes him one of the more interesting characters in the show in my opinion. Its partially why I adore the Umbara arc we had this season so much.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

The 501st Legion's had a quite a few Commanders - Appo, Alpha, another one I'm unaware of, and Rex in the series, yeah.

Umbara arc? I didn't catch that one, what was in it?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

JVM wrote:The 501st Legion's had a quite a few Commanders - Appo, Alpha, another one I'm unaware of, and Rex in the series, yeah.

There was also one named Commander Fox

And the Umbara arc was the episodes with Krell
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

JVM wrote:The 501st Legion's had a quite a few Commanders - Appo, Alpha, another one I'm unaware of, and Rex in the series, yeah.

Its a four part clone centric arc that follows the Republic's attempts to retake Umbara. One of the episodes was directed by Walter Murch, editor of Apocalypse Now and numerous other famous movies. In my opinion its the best the series has ever been.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I know I said this before but after watching the blu-ray changes wouldn't it be easier for GL to just remake star wars 4,5 and 6 and then release the original 77,80,83 versions alongside the remade versions on blu-ray?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

I've been into Star Wars ever since I was three years old (I think--you can't remember when you're three) and love the original trilogy as a masterwork of cinema. The prequels are tolerable in my opinion, but the only thing that could best my passion for Luke, Vader, Han, Boba, Chewy and all the rest is the mighty king himself: Godzilla (But you already knew that, didn't you?)

I didn't vote, because there was no "all of the above" option.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

I know I said this before but after watching the blu-ray changes wouldn't it be easier for GL to just remake star wars 4,5 and 6 and then release the original 77,80,83 versions alongside the remade versions on blu-ray?
People have been telling him to do that for quite a while. Alas his pride is way too big.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Yeah whats the point of arguing that the original trilogy shouldn't be remade if Lucas is going to change them every new release. I just found out myself I've never seen the original original trilogy due to all the changes done to them.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

miguelnuva wrote:Yeah whats the point of arguing that the original trilogy shouldn't be remade if Lucas is going to change them every new release. I just found out myself I've never seen the original original trilogy due to all the changes done to them.
If you know where to look you can find exquisite 720p fan restorations~! 8D

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

miguelnuva - PM me.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The guy George Lucas should hand the reigns of the franchise over to...(http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... best-idea/) ?
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

In any case, we should get a decent director and have him re-do the prequels.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I don't think Star Wars should be re-done, in my opinion, Star Wars was good the way it was before.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I still don't get all the hate the prequels get. They seem like fun movies to me and nothing beats the originals in movie series anyway.

The main problem I hear with the prequels is they were a love story and most guys don't like love stories and guys are star wars's main fanbase.

Now what would be cool is if the last Clone Wars Season showed around Operation Knightfall.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

Tyler wrote:I recently watched the Plinkett prequel reviews and he tore them UP.
Some of the best film criticism ever put out there, honestly. I think, regardless of whether you find them fun or not, it's hard to argue that the prequels aren't fundamentally broken on several levels - especially after hearing Plinkett's take on them.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

I think Plinkett puts too much creepy stuff in his videos.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

The H-Man
GPN Volunteer

Post by The H-Man »

miguelnuva wrote:I still don't get all the hate the prequels get. They seem like fun movies to me and nothing beats the originals in movie series anyway.

The main problem I hear with the prequels is they were a love story and most guys don't like love stories and guys are star wars's main fanbase.

Now what would be cool is if the last Clone Wars Season showed around Operation Knightfall.
I think it's more that the love story between Anakin and Padme was so poorly executed. Those scenes are so badly done that I always skip over them when watching any of the prequels.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

While the Star Wars prequels had some good action scenes but the human drama was just god awful and no strong acting from everyone not even from Samuel L. Jackson could save the prequels and the prequels are an example of letting George Lucas get too much creative freedom
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

The H-Man wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:I still don't get all the hate the prequels get. They seem like fun movies to me and nothing beats the originals in movie series anyway.

I think it's more that the love story between Anakin and Padme was so poorly executed. Those scenes are so badly done that I always skip over them when watching any of the prequels.
Yeah, I'm a sappy sumbitch who loves a good romance in his movies (Wong Kar-Wai is one of my top three directors, fer cryin' out loud!) but the romance in the prequels was God-awful. The Han/Luke/Leia triangle was much more elegantly executed.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

The problem with the prequel's was the story an Anakin's transformation to the Dark-Side, it was so poorly executed. Most of the actors actually CAN act yet there performance in the prequels seemed like they were talking to a wall without any emotion. An anakin's an padme's line's to each other were just cringe worthy.

The fight scene's were entertaining, Darth Maul an Darth Sidious were great in there scene's so while not all bad.. If George Lucas wasn't such a control freak an let other's help detail the script an have someone else's vision in the directors chair they could have easily surpassed the Original's.

Greed is what ruined the potential of the prequels.