Terror of Mechagodzilla Discovery

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Terror of Mechagodzilla Discovery

Post by Goji »

One things for sure. Sollgell Island is NOT MonsterLand/Island. Some people assume that they're the same place.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

menschenjaeger
Monsterland Worker

Post by menschenjaeger »

I just watched TOM the other day...did they show Kemular in one of the pics, too?

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Yeah, I think one of the drawings as the main hero passes a wall is Kemular. I remember it being stated on the commentary.

menschenjaeger
Monsterland Worker

Post by menschenjaeger »

Yup! I watched the commentary and they flat-out say it.

The plastic boobs in the Japanese version were pretty hilarious - why bother? Also, I never knew there was a schizo American edit AND a sensible one. It's nice to have a linear English version for when I feel like snickering at dubbing.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^ That scene really bugs me. It has NO purpose whatsoever, and I don't like nudity in films to start with.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:The purpose of the scene is to show the details of the operation on Katsura. The purpose of the exposed chest is to contrast a realistic, generally pleasant aspect of human anatomy with the artificial and decidedly unpleasant machinery which that appealing surface-layer conceals.
Amen~!

;)
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Rody wrote: I don't like nudity in films to start with.
And why is that?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Goji wrote:
Rody wrote: I don't like nudity in films to start with.
And why is that?
Boobs are where girls make cooties. Blech. X_X
bleep bloop

menschenjaeger
Monsterland Worker

Post by menschenjaeger »

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

menschenjaeger wrote:Yup! I watched the commentary and they flat-out say it.

The plastic boobs in the Japanese version were pretty hilarious - why bother? Also, I never knew there was a schizo American edit AND a sensible one. It's nice to have a linear English version for when I feel like snickering at dubbing.
One thing I have always wondered was whether they were supposed to be her real boobs, or actual cover ups, and plastic ones to hide her machinery.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Nudity is awesome. I wish films had more casual nudity. The human body is much to incredibly attractive to keep wrapped in clothes for every film.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I just can't imagine why somebody would be so appalled by some fake breasts. It's just kinda..odd.

Being so opposed to nudity must mean one thing: You've fast-forwarded every sex/nude scene in every film you've ever seen on home video. Ever.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I understand Cimmerian Dragon's point in his initial response, but couldn't they have just shown, say, her bare belly? Couldn't that be enough?
I find nudity generally unnecessary. If revealing those parts is looked down upon in real life, why do we want to see it in the media?

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Post by Berzerkgodzilla »

It shouldn't be looked down upon in real life. What's the big deal with nudity? Oh, she's showing a natural part of her body! So horrible! Think of the children! I've never quite understood what the big problem with nudity is

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

It's "looked down upon" by whom? American prudes? Parents of sheltered teenagers? Asexual human beings?

I like you Rody, so I'll just cut this short. I don't want to get on your bad side any more than I probably already have.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Their is noting wrong with seeing a little nudity in a film.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote: Listen, you can like or dislike what you want. However, until men are required to cover their nipples, it's pretty foolish to ask women to do so. It's the same darn body part, right down to the ability to lactate (as Scientific American showed showed on the previous page). I'll never understand why folks find the human body so disturbing. I remember when Watchmen came out, and all my male friends did was bitch about seeing Dr. Manhattan's penis. Why? Don't you have one? Does your own rod offend you when you catch a glimpse of it? For the love of all that's holy, it's all just epidermis! Why are some parts of our anatomy considered so horrifying, but others, like the elbow or belly-button, are not? Is it just because there are orifices involved? Then why not censor nostrils? Boogers bother me a lot more than butt cheeks.

Sigh. I'll probably never understand this.
I'm no expert on the subject, but I think religion has something to do with it. After all, religion did play a large part in shaping society into what it is today.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:but I'm also not morally opposed to the sight of the human posterior.
With obesity on the rise, maybe you should be. :freak:
bleep bloop

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

Berzerkgodzilla wrote:It shouldn't be looked down upon in real life. What's the big deal with nudity? Oh, she's showing a natural part of her body! So horrible! Think of the children! I've never quite understood what the big problem with nudity is
Goji wrote:It's "looked down upon" by whom? American prudes? Parents of sheltered teenagers? Asexual human beings?

I like you Rody, so I'll just cut this short. I don't want to get on your bad side any more than I probably already have.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Cimmerian Dragon wrote: Listen, you can like or dislike what you want. However, until men are required to cover their nipples, it's pretty foolish to ask women to do so. It's the same darn body part, right down to the ability to lactate (as Scientific American showed showed on the previous page). I'll never understand why folks find the human body so disturbing. I remember when Watchmen came out, and all my male friends did was bitch about seeing Dr. Manhattan's penis. Why? Don't you have one? Does your own rod offend you when you catch a glimpse of it? For the love of all that's holy, it's all just epidermis! Why are some parts of our anatomy considered so horrifying, but others, like the elbow or belly-button, are not? Is it just because there are orifices involved? Then why not censor nostrils? Boogers bother me a lot more than butt cheeks.

Sigh. I'll probably never understand this.
I'm no expert on the subject, but I think religion has something to do with it. After all, religion did play a large part in shaping society into what it is today.
Pretty much, and because of that, there is absolutely no way this problem will ever turn around. Not in our life time, not even the life time after that.
It's too taboo, it can't work in our current society, and there's too many ignorant people in the world.
Cimmerian Dragon wrote::lol: Yeah, I don't exactly have the ass of an Olympian myself.

But something not being attractive to look at isn't the same as being some kind of moral sin. If it was, Michael Moore could never leave his basement.
[/quote]

LMAO, I heard a while ago he put himself in a fat camp though,
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Well, kaiju don't wear clothes for one thing.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.