The Avengers!

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Gawdziller » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:48 pm

zilla103192 wrote:I have seen alot of speculation online that they could be Skrull. But I just don't see it.

Online reports after the advance screenings say they're the Chitari.
TEAM (Gareth) EDWARD(s)!
Legion1979 wrote:Oh yes, thank you for linking to a page with nothing but Japanese text. That was so damn helpful.
Brody wrote:I don't approve of any kind of sex that involves male genitalia
gzilla46 wrote: I've come up with WAY worse ideas than this.

Gawdziller
Mmmmm...open faced club sandwich...

Geiger Counter

Team: (Gareth) Edward(s)
Favourite Kaiju: Your momma

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:01 pm

The Chitauri are basically the Ultimate versions of Skrulls.
RIP Lord Richard Attenborough
RIP Robin Williams

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:28 am

My excitement for this film grows every day. Now that I'm in full swing return to Marvel mode, I simply can't wait to see how this plays out. The positive word of mouth just adds to it.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mitchal » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Mitchal
Interpol Agent

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:01 pm

I dont think it looks that bad. The work on the heroes looks much better, but hey I'll take some wonky looking aliens in order to get a great looking Hulk anyday.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Captain Aktion » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Gawdziller wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:I have seen alot of speculation online that they could be Skrull. But I just don't see it.

Online reports after the advance screenings say they're the Chitari.

Too early to say, "I called it"?
"If this is your God, you have a serious ontological crisis."

http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

Captain Aktion
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 am

Greetings All,

As with any summer blockbuster of this caliber, the appearance of merchandise everywhere I’m sure comes as no shock, It’s been in stores for at least 2 months now, but is ramping up to an all time high as the Avengers release date approaches. However I took particular notice of the abundant amount of Media being pushed around this release. At Target for instance, all 5 Marvel feature films leading up to The Avengers (IM, IH, IM2, Thor, CA) are all have their own display along with volumes 1-4 of Disney/Marvels animated series Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes (which completes season 1). Also I noticed next week 6 of the 8 LionsGate Marvel Animated features released 2005-2011 will be re-released next week in bargain 3 packs (all 8 were recently added back to Netflix for instant watch also for your viewing pleasure). And if that’s not enough- 2 of the Marvel Anime series seen on G4 (Iron Man & X-Men) come out next week as well this is a new release for both series.

What annoys me a bit about all of this is you would think this would be the perfect time to release on DVD the original 1960’s Marvel Super Heroes animated shorts. Yes I know by today’s standards they are extremely hokey, but they are a part of my childhood I would like to preserve. A few individual volumes have been released on VHS in the mid 90’s. Also in Canada a couple of single DVD’s were released, but that’s about it. A complete set was proposed back in 2005, but was eliminated without explanation. Also the complete series was planned to be available on Netflix by fall 2011, this still has not happened. I still look forward to the feature film, but instead of rehashing everything already available on DVD, I wish Disney/Marvel would offer us something new.
Looking for Ebirah Horror of the Deep Intl. Dub(PAL VHS or DVD sourced from PAL VHS with original title card & Credits)
o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Captain Aktion » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:48 am

^I'm right there with you Supreme. I've been waiting for the old cartoons to be released in one form or the other for years and years. I got all excited when I heard they were going to be on insta-watch last year, but as you pointed out, it never materialized. I do believe there have been some DVD's released in Europe, but I'm waiting for Region 1 releases...Just seems strange they've done nothing with any of them yet.
"If this is your God, you have a serious ontological crisis."

http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

Captain Aktion
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Gawdziller » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:54 am

It's possible the studios don't see much demand in them, since they're almost 50 years old. I know that the Spider-Man set of the 60s cartoons is out of print. I couldn't tell you why, though if I were to make an assumption it would possibly be because they sold all the units they felt they could.

I've been awaiting a DVD release of the old Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man series, myself. Three Spider-Man movies come and gone, and nothing. Same with the 90s series, only crummy individual volumes. I'm hoping fourth time is the charm for the latter, since Disney released X-Men, Iron Man, and Fantastic Four in their entirety, but so far no word. As for the former, Shout released the Reb Brown Captain America, so I hope that means their in bed with Marvel enough to sweet talk them into releasing it.
TEAM (Gareth) EDWARD(s)!
Legion1979 wrote:Oh yes, thank you for linking to a page with nothing but Japanese text. That was so damn helpful.

Gawdziller

Geiger Counter

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 am

Gawdziller wrote: I know that the Spider-Man set of the 60s cartoons is out of print. I couldn't tell you why, though if I were to make an assumption it would possibly be because they sold all the units they felt they could.

Which is why I picked it up when it first came out. As Netflix has been adding things to stream that are not out on DVD, I can only assume it is also serving as a testing ground to see if DVD release would be profitable (based on ratings, and how often watched). All the Saban Power Rangers stuff was added last fall, and now Shout! Factory has a deal to release them all on DVD. X-men (1992-97) has all been released on DVD, so I was hoping as well that more marvel shows that have been added to Netflix would get an official DVD release. With Amazing Spider-Man coming out this summer, it blows me away that at least the Fox 1993-97 animated series hasn't been scheduled for DVD release either. But back to the 1960's Marvel Toons,and the Spider-Man live action if you want to include it, if they aren't available to watch, how can thier popularity be determined? I watch them on Youtube and other sites, but its not the same as having it readily available on DVD .Youtube is always a crapshoot if you will find what you are looking for or not. Oh and just for the record, would also love for the Japanese Spider-Man to get an official release, but I know that would require negotiations with Toei as well. I guess my unofficial copies are sufficient for now.
Looking for Ebirah Horror of the Deep Intl. Dub(PAL VHS or DVD sourced from PAL VHS with original title card & Credits)
o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Okay I hate to be wataru but I am sick of seeing Avengers shit shoved in my face everywhere I go. They have a freaking tie-in with EVERYTHING.
RIP Robin Williams

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Tyler wrote:Okay I hate to be wataru but I am sick of seeing Avengers shit shoved in my face everywhere I go. They have a freaking tie-in with EVERYTHING.

I love that, though. All part of the experience for me. :D
HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:26 pm

They've put out so many teasers, trailers, TV spots and clips you can basically edit the whole movie together.
RIP Robin Williams

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:01 pm

I have never been more excited about an upcoming superhero movie. Mostly because it has both the Hulk and Thor. I love those guys!
Legionmaster wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:And Northern Appalachian "rednecks" are scarier than anything we have down here.

Like MonsterMaster! :P

Kaiju-King42
The Mighty Lambish

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Destoroyah

Postby shinmattiathekaiju » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:29 pm

This movies is...is....pure nerdgasm! I've never seen a comic book movie that feels so much like a comic book! All the actors and characters, except Scarlett, are excellent and i think a couple of scenes deserves to be memes.

My favourite character in the movie is Hulk.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1
shinmattiathekaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Gawdziller » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:40 pm

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Tyler wrote:Okay I hate to be wataru but I am sick of seeing Avengers shit shoved in my face everywhere I go. They have a freaking tie-in with EVERYTHING.

My thoughts exactly. Ever since I was a kid when something like this came out, seeing it plastered all over the place made the experience complete.

My only complaint is the last time I was this excited for a superhero movie was Green Lantern. We all know how that turned out.
TEAM (Gareth) EDWARD(s)!

Gawdziller

Geiger Counter

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 pm

I just watched the character previews with my older brother and the whole time were watching the black widow trailer he goes, look at those boobs bounce.

Marvel has a multiple theater viewing from him.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby gatorzilla » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:44 am

Gawdziller wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Ever since I was a kid when something like this came out, seeing it plastered all over the place made the experience complete.

My only complaint is the last time I was this excited for a superhero movie was Green Lantern. We all know how that turned out.

That was one of my favorite moments from my childhood. The best ones were for the Jurassic Park movies and GINO
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby HayesAJones » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Goin' to see the midnight premier.
ImageImageImage Image
Avid G-fan, MSTie & brony, as well as animated & monster movie buff and resident Sneasel maniac.
Check out TITAN WORLD: http://hayesajones.deviantart.com/gallery/43527328, my in-progress kaiju story!
HayesAJones
The Sharp Claw Member

Team: Team Sneasel
Favourite Kaiju: Anguirus

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:47 am

I just watched ''The Avengers'' an i gotta say it is a great freaking movie, much better then i thought it would be to be honest.

Iron Man was very sarcastic an easily the comedy of this film.
The Hulk was just BAD-ASS there's really no other way to describe him, He an Thor were funny as hell together.
Thor was great, he fought more in this film then i expected an was great along side The Hulk.
Captain America was okay, much better in this surprisingly then in the Captain America film itself
Scarlet J was sexy as always, had a decent fight scene during the middle of the film that's about it.
Lookie or whatever the villains name was fantastic, couldn't have chosen a better actor to play him.

Long movie but very entertaining, ran about 130 minutes... Each character got there moment in the spot-light an one didn't over-shadow the other.

Final Note : The final climax of the film is nothing short of brilliant an the Hulk does something to Lookie that would make you laugh your ass off,

All in all a solid 9.5 out of 10 at-least.
XxComablack1937xX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:22 am

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:This movies is...is....pure nerdgasm! I've never seen a comic book movie that feels so much like a comic book! All the actors and characters, except Scarlett, are excellent and i think a couple of scenes deserves to be memes.

My favourite character in the movie is Hulk.

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about her.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Media Center