New kaiju game from Matt Frank + Simon Strange [Archive]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Oasis_S
GPN Volunteer

Re: Your Movesets For Monsters In The New Kaiju Game

Post by Oasis_S »

I always assumed Ebirah's beam would be that yellow chemical spray used in the movie to keep him under control. It would be a nice reference.

Though it might look like piss. BUT THAT'S OKAY since lobsters piss out of their face anyway.

CatfaceFourtoes
Monarch Researcher

Post by CatfaceFourtoes »

Hedorah

Hold-Power Leech. Hold absorbs weapon energy from enemy monster and stores it for use (protrusions on back expand, Hedorah gains means to emit ray attack. Acidic nature of Hedorah's body deals damage while in contact).

Various shape shifts
Quadruped-Faster mobility than "Biped" mode.
Flying-emits toxic acid cloud in a stream directly beneath the monster as it flies overhead, which remains for a short period, can emit weaker version of the ray attack.
Biped mode-extend-o punch/grab- "Arms" can lash out at enemies out of reach distance, can emit a powerful ray from above eye.

Divide and Conquer-Hedora can split apart into a kind of "shell game" where one of the enemies is real, and the others are kind of like smart deployed weapons. different button combinations yield different incarnations and numbers, and the real one is not damaged when the weaker decoys are eliminated.

As for a beam weapon for Ebirah, what if instead of having one it could use its giant claw as a kind of absorber or even a reflector of a beam weapon, one that could be over loaded, at which point the arm dies and falls off, or explodes, and then the monster would have to deal with the loss of armor and offense until the arm regenerates? Maybe a trade of would be a boost in speed.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Re: (Possible) new kaiju game from Matt Frank and Simon Stra

Post by ゴジラ »

Mr. Strange wrote:So - do you know what Mothra's Rage attack is in StE? I always get a kick out of people suggesting things that are already in the game... it happes so frequently that I always think someone must be trying to bait me.
If I remember correctly, Mothra never had a rage move in STE, she only gained health and energy. (Helpful in tight spots I'll admit)
Although I can see why some suggestions have been thrown Mothra's way for a Rage Move, when you have a game like Godzilla Kaiju Daikessen showing that Mothra can have extremely powerful offensive attacks.

(^ This was a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes )

(^This was a killer finisher, I hated getting caught in the range of it, but the finisher itself is so awesome looking that you can't help but enjoy the show.)

Although this maybe just me, but I find Mothra Leo to probably be the only Mothra that can actually bare a Rage Finisher Attack. Fans you all know why, you've seen the battles during the films.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Re: "Godzilla Game" Title Ideas

Post by Rody »

I might as well throw some ideas out, since I do have SOME interest in this.... :)

Giant Monster Planet
Monster Battlefield Earth
World Monster Arena
Ultimate Monster War
Giant Monsters Unleashed
Grand Monster Battle Royale

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

ゴジラ wrote:
Mr. Strange wrote:So - do you know what Mothra's Rage attack is in StE? I always get a kick out of people suggesting things that are already in the game... it happes so frequently that I always think someone must be trying to bait me.
If I remember correctly, Mothra never had a rage move in STE, she only gained health and energy. (Helpful in tight spots I'll admit)
Yes, exactly. Just as HammySammy proposed at the top of this page. That was why I (once again) suspected that someone might be paying a trick on me...

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

Mr. Strange, how much does the average building cost to make in the game?

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

matrix wrote:Mr. Strange, how much does the average building cost to make in the game?
That's not really something that costs "per-building." If I were to hire a competent artist to make buildings, I'd be looking at ~$45,000 or so. Probably get a few hundred buildings out of that contract.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Re: "Godzilla Game" Title Ideas

Post by Mr. Strange »

Rody wrote:I might as well throw some ideas out, since I do have SOME interest in this.... :)

Giant Monster Planet
Monster Battlefield Earth
World Monster Arena
Ultimate Monster War
Giant Monsters Unleashed
Grand Monster Battle Royale
I think these are all good, but none are quite good enough. I'm encouraged that everyone seems to be thinking along the same general lines though. That's good!

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

That's not so bad. I'd consider it a worthy price. I always thought the arenas were some of the best aspects of the Godzilla games outside of the monsters themselves.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

If we somehow manage to get Gabara in the game, I'd love to see him really live up to his bully personality through his moveset--I think he'd make a great semi-joke character. Three words: Electrified. Wet. Willy. Picture it. Also a special move where does the old "Quit hitting yourself!" thing would be fantastic. If Godzilla monsters wore pants, you know he'd be giving out atomic wedgies any chance he got.
Haters gonna hate

Oasis_S
GPN Volunteer

Post by Oasis_S »

Isn't there a price for the use of more iconic buildings? Or some kind of legal thing? Thought I read forever ago that there was a reason that some buildings couldn't be used. Not sure which.

I'd be fine if there was just one generic "city" stage if it lessened the cost and workload. Totally want a VOLCANO stage. Loved Seattle in Unleashed.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Oasis_S wrote:Isn't there a price for the use of more iconic buildings? Or some kind of legal thing? Thought I read forever ago that there was a reason that some buildings couldn't be used. Not sure which.

I'd be fine if there was just one generic "city" stage if it lessened the cost and workload. Totally want a VOLCANO stage. Loved Seattle in Unleashed.
Ah yes, we would need to obtain the rights to use trademarked landmarks.

jdude1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by jdude1996 »

mr strange, when did you say the game discussion forum will go live?

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

jdude1996 wrote:mr strange, when did you say the game discussion forum will go live?
It will go live once funding gets underway. Remember, the only way to find view/post about the game is to donate!

Oasis_S
GPN Volunteer

Post by Oasis_S »

hammysammy59 wrote:If we somehow manage to get Gabara in the game, I'd love to see him really live up to his bully personality through his moveset--I think he'd make a great semi-joke character. Three words: Electrified. Wet. Willy. Picture it. Also a special move where does the old "Quit hitting yourself!" thing would be fantastic. If Godzilla monsters wore pants, you know he'd be giving out atomic wedgies any chance he got.
Yeees, I love the idea of Gabara in the game. The Godzilla games have always been good with giving or bringing out the personalities of monsters. Gabara is such a goofy character full of CAMP. He'd be a great addition. One of his winning poses should definitely be a "cool guy" pose with his arms crossed. You just know he thinks he's the greatest when he really isn't. Joke character really fits him well. Maybe the Dan Hibiki of Godzilla, lol.

Anyway, he should have a move where he charges his body with electricity (he would probably be stationary during this), and anyone who HITS him will be stunned (like with MKG's projectile). I like the idea of him having a gimmick where he can charge his fists with electricity to augment the power of his punches. Maybe change their elemental type as well? A nightmare for any mechanical monster.

I also like the idea of him having one really powerful (probably an uppercut) electrical punch, that when it connects it causes a blinding flash on the screen and sends the opponent flying. It'd be great if it was accompanied with a THUNDER sound effect. Since it would be so powerful, he should have a long, goofy "winding up" animation to go with it, lol.

jdude1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by jdude1996 »

Well Oasis_S im keeping track of what monsters everyone wants and Gabara is almost at the top of the list, just 1 tier under most wanted monsters, so he just might be added to the game

jdude1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by jdude1996 »

Living Corpse, Zone Fighter is one of the most wanted monsters, he is in the top tier

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: (Possible) Matt Frank & Simon Strange Monster's Tally/Vo

Post by Showa Gyaos »

1. Godzilla (Showa)
2. Hedorah (Showa)
3. Zilla
4. Monster X
5. Zone Fighter
6. Keizer Ghidorah
7. Kumonga (Showa)
8. Godzilla (2000)
9. Orga
10. Varan
11. Gorosaurus
12. Godzilla (Heisei)
13. Megalon
14. Titanosaurus
15. King Ghidorah (Showa)
16. Anguirus (Showa)
17. Biollante
18. Rodan (Heisei)
19. Bagan <--Sorry guys. I had to. :P
20. Battra

EDIT: Swapped Gabara for Orga, and Ebirah for Varan.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Doesn't Manda have like, little tiny baby arms? T-Rex style? I feel like his whole move set should revolve around constricting, coiling, biting, head-butting and tail slapping. The only way I could see him using his limbs in combat without it looking hilarious would be to slice and claw an opponent he's already wrapped around.
Haters gonna hate

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

What about Kumonga; have we already discussed him?
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!