*Note: This has been approved by Stuckey*
Its been about a year or so since we've had a FM tourney, I think we're about due for one. So without further ado, I invite you all to enter in the Kaiju Klash Tourney!
1. Signups will begin on April 21th at 12:00 AM Eastern Time and will end in on May 5th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. That should be plenty of time for people to think about their teams and ask any questions.
2. You must use stats from the Monster Archives (MM gave me his approval)
3. Each fighting arena will have a designated trap that can benefit one of the teams, both teams, or neither teams. A list of locations and traps will be posted later.
4. In addition to arena traps, there will also be certain match conditions added to each match. A list of these conditions will be posted later.
5. Each team will get two "get out of traps free" cards. With these, any arena traps are negated. Be careful as you only get two of them, so use them wisely.
6. Certain abilities may be turned off in matches to help make the fights balanced.
7. To help determine a winner, we will do so by voting. I'll discuss the voting rules here in a bit.
8. If the fight results in a draw, then both teams lose.
9. Each match will last 8 days (7 days of debating and the 8th day will be voting day).
1. To vote, simply type in Bold this: Vote:(username)
2. When you vote, you must vote in BOLD or else it will not count.
3. If you can vote but won't be able to vote on voting day, then just pm me your vote.
1. Your team will initially consist of 4 monsters. Out of your 4 fighters, you must select one of them to be your MVP. Your MVP is unaffected by arena traps and certain match conditions.
2. Each monster must be from a different franchise. For example, if I pick Heisei King Ghidorah, then I cannot pick another monster from the Godzilla series. This is to prevent people from making teams of only Ultra monsters, Eva Monsters, Godzilla kaiju, etc.
3. You cannot pick the same person's monster. If somebody picks Showa Godzilla then you cannot pick Showa Godzilla, you can still select other incarnations of Godzilla like Heisei Godzilla v1 if you wish (assuming they haven't been taken either).
4. If you defeat a team, you will be allowed to gain up to two of your foe's monsters regardless if you have a monster from the same series as them. You may pick your foe's MVP, but they will lose their MVP powers. If you win another fight, then you may replace one or both of your comrades. You cannot replace any monster on your original team.
5. All regenerative powers that exceed Heisei Godzilla's are automatically turned off in matches as well as AT Fields, one hit kill moves like Armor Mothra's Transcending Fate, and moves that infect opponents like Aptom's absorption ability.
6. Certain monsters may be banned from the tournament depending on how ridiculously powerful they are.
Here is the current Ban List (subject to change):
-Anything from the Gunbuster section
-Anything from the Haruhi section
-Any DBZ characters
-The Invisible Monster from Johnny Quest
-Evangelion Unit 01 (Awakened)
If you think that a monster needs to be banned or unbanned, then speak up before signups begin. If you have any other questions then feel free to ask.
Last edited by Draglord
on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"The only one who can surpass me...is me!"-Beet J. Stag from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters