Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Kiryu2012 »

What's a dark gym?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

HikizuruBeat
Interpol Agent

Post by HikizuruBeat »

Jomei wrote:If in five generations there hasn't been a dark gym, then it's about time for there to be one.
This.
There's been a gym for every type except dark. So why shouldn't it get one.
TK's resident resident
Crocodile wrote:
Jomei wrote: I lost my virginity at the age of 6 to every single member of the Spice Girls.
Why am I willing to believe this?

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

I'm having a bit of trouble planning out a team at the moment. Right now, the team is Metagross, Rotom (Wash-Forme), Salamence and Scrafty, and I'm think about putting in Espeon into the fifth slot, but I can't think of a good starter for the team. I know that I want someone who can use Stealth Rock, but that's about it. I haven't decided on movesets for any of my pokemon yet, but those will come soon enough.

Does anyone have any ideas for a starter that would work for this team?
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble planning out a team at the moment. Right now, the team is Metagross, Rotom (Wash-Forme), Salamence and Scrafty, and I'm think about putting in Espeon into the fifth slot, but I can't think of a good starter for the team. I know that I want someone who can use Stealth Rock, but that's about it. I haven't decided on movesets for any of my pokemon yet, but those will come soon enough.

Does anyone have any ideas for a starter that would work for this team?
If you could get a Magic Bounce Espeon, that would be a wonderful addition.

I was going to suggest Ferrothorn but you already have a steel type so I don't know if you'd be interested. I could at least offer what I did for my Ferrorthorn.

Item: Rocky Helmet. Combine that with Iron Thorns and whenever it's struck a lot of damage will be done.
Moves:
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
If you want the last two moves: get a male Torterra in DP and teach them those moves and transfer it to BW.

Nature (if you do this): Relaxed. I know it's unusual but by keeping Ferrothorn's speed low, Gyro Ball will deal decent damage to a lot of Pokemon.
EV spread (again if you do this): 252 to HP, 88 to D, the rest to SD. And if you can, get a Characteristic that shows high Special Defense.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help, but I not good with thinking of Stealth Rock users.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Jomei wrote:I always like Leftovers on my Ferrothorn. Its only real downside is its lack of recovery, so you kinda need them even with Leech Seed.
True. But on the team that I use it on, I already selected the Leftovers holder. Still, when I lead with it on a run through the Subway, it lasted around 30 matches before I lost. After I set up Stealth Rock and used Leach Seed on a few opponents: the combination of Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Iron Throns, and Rocky Helmet took a chunck of HP, depending on how much damage Stealth Rock did to them.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Whenever I build teams I always factor in the item clause because of the Battle Frontiers and usually the console games.

Zillaowner
G-Grasper

Post by Zillaowner »

Shadow Arena

Wins: 13 Loses: 8 OHKO: 3

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Azumarill = win. There is a very good chance I will end up with one on my team.

EDIT: Pokemon Smash also confirms that the Gen5 starters return, the starting town is quite large, and Lillipup and Azurill (woo!) appear near the beginning.
bleep bloop

HikizuruBeat
Interpol Agent

Post by HikizuruBeat »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:Wow, the new male trainer looks like shit.

Female looks cute, though. I still prefer Ms. Short-shorts though. =P

And hey, it looks like it'll be a new game almost entirely, and not just Unova with a few adjustments.
I think the female looks just as awful, but whatever.
TK's resident resident
Crocodile wrote:
Jomei wrote: I lost my virginity at the age of 6 to every single member of the Spice Girls.
Why am I willing to believe this?

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Annoying part? Just remembered that Azurill evolves via happiness. :/ And has the second lowest base stat total in all of Pokemon. :/
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

And THAT, is why the Azurill line's barely used by anyone... Have fun spending hours of Azurill dying every 5 minutes!

If the likes of Salamance and Garchomp are available.. then I'm going to crack this game in half so easilly... otherwise, I'll just settle for AgiliGross... Though I'm not going to use any of the Unova starters.. they have REALLY bad movepools...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

This may sound stupid but is there a chance of them switching up the starters in this sequel?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:This may sound stupid but is there a chance of them switching up the starters in this sequel?
Nope. They're the same as B/W.
Flygon King wrote:
If the likes of Salamance and Garchomp are available.. then I'm going to crack this game in half so easilly... otherwise, I'll just settle for AgiliGross... Though I'm not going to use any of the Unova starters.. they have REALLY bad movepools...
Hopefully, they'll learn some new moves in the sequel.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Wait...they don't learn good moves?

Emboar gets Flamethrower/Flare Blitz, Hammer Arm, Scald, Wild Charge, Return, etc. It has a great movepool.
Samurott gets Surf/Waterfall, Ice Beam, MEGAHORN, Revenge, Return, etc. Again, a solid movepool.
Serperior is the only one with a "problem," although Leaf Blade, Aerial Ace, Leech Seed, Coil is really awesome.
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Compare them to the other starters... the Unova mons might have individual good moves, but in terms of movepools, they suck. Plus, ou tof the Fire-Fighting starters, Emboar's the worst, having only superior Health, which means squat when your defences are like paper...

Samurwott's stats are also subpar, and while Feraligatr gets DDance and such lovely attacks as Superpower, Ice Punch, and Earthquake, Samurwott's got nothing to raise it's speed and Special Attack.

Serperior... yeah, Sceptile outclasses it in the Leach Seeding/physical sweeping catagory... Plus, Torterra>all other grass starters...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Flygon King wrote:Compare them to the other starters... the Unova mons might have individual good moves, but in terms of movepools, they suck. Plus, ou tof the Fire-Fighting starters, Emboar's the worst, having only superior Health, which means squat when your defences are like paper...

Samurwott's stats are also subpar, and while Feraligatr gets DDance and such lovely attacks as Superpower, Ice Punch, and Earthquake, Samurwott's got nothing to raise it's speed and Special Attack.

Serperior... yeah, Sceptile outclasses it in the Leach Seeding/physical sweeping catagory... Plus, Torterra>all other grass starters...
If you're just playing the game, there's no bad starter. Every single one of them has above average stats and plenty of moves to use.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Well, we can all hope that we get new move tutors :)
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

People keep saying that Samurott needs Shell Smash. I keep wondering why. The whole idea is that your shell weighs you down, so you break it apart to fight better. Samurott, however, is mostly non-shell. He even uses the few pieces he has as weapons. Why would he smash those? Plus, he already gets Swords Dance and Aqua Jet, so quit your bitching.
bleep bloop

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

The main problem with Emboar is, he's too slow to be used effectively, but too fast for Trick Room.

What I mean by that last bit is, pokemon no a Trick Room team tend to be very, VERY slow (IE: base 30 speed or so.) Put him on a trick Room team, and he'll do alright, until another Trick Room team shows up and their Reunicles scares off Emboar, or their SNorlax tanks the Hammer Arm and wastes you with Earthquake, or so on and so forth. In other words, he's in that all-too nightmarish realm where he's too fast for one thing, and too slow for another...

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Jomei wrote:He'll be even better when/if he gets his Reckless ability.
"SWITCH IN A BULKY WATER, YOU SAY? WILD CHARGE I SAY!"

And earlier, I totally forgot to add that Emboar also gets Head Smash, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Earthquake, and Grass Knot too. His movepool is bitchin'. Hooray for Ganon.

Also, BW2 damn well better have Delibird at an early enough point in the game to make it viable.
bleep bloop