Stuckey's "How to get the girl"

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.

Re: Stuckey's "How to get the girl"

Postby HikizuruBeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 pm

wataru wrote:
HikizuruBeat wrote:
Wataru must have really shitty relationships then...

Ive had good ones and bad ones. My real 'serious' ones are leaning more towards the bad side. I also have high standards, and they work against me.

EDIT:
And Jomei, I read all the words. Both your points are meaningless. I dont understand how to you try to come off as so progressive in some topics, but so naive in this one..

How are his points meaningless? Sometimes two people people like each other just as friends and don't find each other attractive. Nothing to do with ugly or not. Also two people can be friends when they're both already in relationships. You know loyalty and what not.
TK's resident resident

Crocodile wrote:
Jomei wrote: I lost my virginity at the age of 6 to every single member of the Spice Girls.

Why am I willing to believe this?
HikizuruBeat
Interpol Agent

Postby Stuckey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:57 am

Jomei, lay off wataru.
Wataru, read all the words next time.
Pokaiju! (name pending) - a Pokemon game featuring kaiju from Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, and other shows!
Stuckey
The Legend

Postby Orgasmatron » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:14 am

a lot of my friends are female, my neighbor who i grew up with is a year older than me and she's one of my best friends
formerly known as Godzilla1964
Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Postby JVM » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Some people can be friends with the opposite sex, some can't. That's how I look at it.

I don't think I could manage it in reality, even if there was a girl who was really willing to put up with me (there isn't right now, but I don't think I need to say that.) Of course, my physical appearance has played a huge part in girls' perception of me and I'm not expecting anyone to look past it at THIS stage in my life. (Maybe later on? Possibly. High School? Hell to the no.)
JVM
I miss Vega

Favourite Kaiju: Varan

Postby Kubo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:04 am

So, I asked that one chick out, and she said no. Now I'm back on the prowl. But follow me here...I was texting with my ex-girlfriend (first ex, not the most recent), and we are going to see each other this Saturday. *shrug* It's just gonna be us, and neither of us are dating anyone. I'm not too sure how to take this...
"Spooky Scary Skeletons!"

Kubo
Dead Man Walking

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby ZillaMaster91 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:54 pm

For me nowadays, it is easier to be friends with girls who I do not see as a romantic interest.

In the past I would develop feelings for a girl, and then become her friend. Usually after I admit my feelings and get rejected, or discover that they are not the kind of person that I'd ultimately want to be dating, it's kind of hard to maintain communication and a certain level of friendship afterwards. It's a shame, because that's how I lose close friends sometimes.
ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Postby bearijuana » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:12 pm

If anyone wants bearijuana's "How to get the cousin", just ask away, I'm all ears.
TK's Biggest Druggie

fucck this shit im a samurai

Imma mothervuckin milluhnaire

"If your good at sumthing never do it for free"

"Im an agent of chaos"
bearijuana
Samurai

Postby Goji » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Dude..I'm sorry, but you just seem awfully excited about all of this, and I think it's time you drop it.. I think there are very, very few people in these parts that want "tips" about how to pick up their cousins for a night on the town. I think the guys here that have trouble talking to women would prefer ones that they're, you know, not related to. Just saying.
Goji
Kwaidan

Favourite Kaiju: Hedorah

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Goji wrote:Dude..I'm sorry, but you just seem awfully excited about all of this, and I think it's time you drop it.. I think there are very, very few people in these parts that want "tips" about how to pick up their cousins for a night on the town. I think the guys here that have trouble talking to women would prefer ones that they're, you know, not related to. Just saying.

Unless they're from Alabama.

Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Med Student

gatorzilla wrote:People like this need to be tossed out of the fandom.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Shalashaska

Geiger Counter

Postby bearijuana » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Goji wrote:Dude..I'm sorry, but you just seem awfully excited about all of this, and I think it's time you drop it.. I think there are very, very few people in these parts that want "tips" about how to pick up their cousins for a night on the town. I think the guys here that have trouble talking to women would prefer ones that they're, you know, not related to. Just saying.

I'm sorry dude. I was just putting it out there, mah bad.
TK's Biggest Druggie

fucck this shit im a samurai

Imma mothervuckin milluhnaire

"If your good at sumthing never do it for free"

"Im an agent of chaos"
bearijuana
Samurai

Postby TheSecondComing » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 pm

zilla103192 wrote:For the record. It is possible to be JUST friends with the opposite sex.

until recent (literally up until last week). I was the ONLY male server at my job. EVERYONE else was a female. And I am friends with almost all of them. The ones I am not, are just because we don't get along that well.

Hell, the one cook is one of my BEST FRIENDS. We talk about everything under the sun. And I have NEVER been attracted to her sexually.

She is very pretty. But I care for her as what she is, a best friend.

1,000,000% concur. Pretty much all of my close friends are ladies as well. I don't know how the myth of guys and girls can't be friends came about, but whoever it was mistook their own lack of social skills and misconstrued it as a gender-wide "fact."
TheSecondComing
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Unless they're from Alabama.

Hey only I can do from-the-South jokes.
One more week 'til Halloween,
Halloween, Halloween.
One more week 'til Halloween,
Silver Shamrock

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Kubo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Well, I saw my ex-girlfriend tonight. We watched a movie, played Call of Duty, went to get some ice cream together, and then we came back home. I started to mess with her a little bit, tickled her sides (guys, if you want to get in close...tickle), and she was in my arms. Next thing I know we were kissing and she was on top of me. We were both surprised by the sudden turn of events, but we both liked it. We're probably getting back together.
"Spooky Scary Skeletons!"

Kubo
Dead Man Walking

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Yaburu » Sat May 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Allll right. So, up until now, I haven't asked any questions here, for the simple reason that...well, I never had to "Get the girl" before. I HAD the girl.

But as many of you know, that's no longer the case. My wife and I both agree it's time for me to start finding someone to connect with. She herself has started a sexual relationship with some douchebag, and I've created a profile on OKcupid.

I've been on there a month, and am having regular conversations with three different woman.

#1 lives just a few miles away from me, and is very attractive. We seem to have a good amount in common, though it's hard for me to tell if she's really into me, as I'm more interested in short-term dating while she's into long-term.

#2 also lives close, though not as close as #1. We have some pretty good conversation, and she's looking for short-term dating like me. Problem with her is I don't find her attractive. At all.

#3 is so skreeonking hot I want to find every man and woman she's been with sexually and punch them in the face just because they got to be with her. She lives about 30 miles away from me though. We still have quite a bit in common and had a pretty good chat the other night, and she finds me attractive enough to rate me 4 or 5 stars on a 5 star scale.

So, advice I want is; which of these bachelorettes do I pursue the most? And...how? See, I've only been in one relationship, and only been with one woman. We really didn't "date" and I didn't court her in the classic sense. And all that was 8 years ago.

I have no frickin' clue how to let a woman know that I'm really into her in a way that it doesn't come off as desperate and/or creepy.
I am vengeance! I am the night! I...am...YABURU!

Yaburu
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Gojira

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sun May 27, 2012 6:31 am

I'd say three, if she's really into you and you into her you can probably make the distance work.

As for Caesar, stay careful. That type of stuff can go wrong real fast.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Sun May 27, 2012 6:47 am

If 30 miles isn't a big issue for you (and I give props to you if that's the case, since I have trouble keeping with chicks who aren't even in my same major, yet alone my local area), then totally go for #3.

If distance is an issue, stick with #1, but keep at arm's reach until you can say for sure whether she's into you or not. As for long-term/short-term discrepancy, one or both of you is gonna need to meet the other halfway. Relationships involve compromise.

Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Med Student

gatorzilla wrote:People like this need to be tossed out of the fandom.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Shalashaska

Geiger Counter

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:59 pm

I'm in a similar situation as yabs (only where distance is concerned). One of my friends got me talking with one of her friends that she goes to school with. Been talking to her fairly regularly over facebook and she's really cool. We've been hitting it off really well and we both kinda like eachother. However, she's about an hour drive away from me (assuming congested traffic on the interstate). That's not really a problem for me, but I don't know about her. Anybody have experience with a girl who lived about an hour away? If so, how did it work out?
HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Hellspawn28 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 am

A hour away does not seem that bad since I know people who date other people from other states. People have told me try dating people from other states but I never like the idea of long distance relationships. If you are going to date someone from the other side of the US then you are going to see them at least once or maybe twice a year. I like would like to date someone close near by me and that I could see them at least more then once a week.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Wataru » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 am

What's the difference in short term and long term dating?

Back in my day it was:
skreeonk Buddy
Friend w/Benefits
or
Dating in hopes of an LTR.
Wataru
TK's Comic Book God & Toy Guru
Sandy Frank dubs. All others are fail.

Founder of the Heathen Hall @ American Asatru Association

Wataru
Founding Director of the American Asatru Associaton

Favourite Kaiju: Gojira '89

Postby spinzilla » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Hey guys, just an update on my pretty unique dating situation. Last week my girlfriend, Dorothy, came to visit the states (she currently works in Mexico) for a week. It's not hard to imagine that we spent a lot of time together during the week and I had a bit of a revelation; this is working much better than either of us had imagined. We've been dating for over a year now and while a decent size chunk of the relationship has technically been in two different countries and time zones, stuff like skype and smart phones help keep things fresh and stable. Technology has defintely been a big help. Because of it we can keep in fairly regular contact and have online "dates" with the help of video chat. But the biggest factor of our success is the mutual drive to want to work at our relationship. I'm actively presuing her with being a creative long distance boyfriend and Dorothy puts a lot of thought and care in what she does for me. I feel blessed that she works and tries so hard for this relationship. We're both serious about this and our futures' seem to lining up nicely. She's finished with her work in Mexico next July and I have about a year of school left. Long story short: I've decided to start saving up for a ring. A little at a time, but a year is a good time window to save up a good amount of cash. I'm happy.

Rando post, i know. But I wanted to share.
If you don't like MMA your man card belongs in a purse.
spinzilla
Interpol Agent

Postby ZillaMaster91 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 am

That's great to hear, and it's stories like those that restore my faith in long distance relationships.

For me, however, I don't think I'll be buying a ring anytime soon.... heck or even flowers! Throughout high school, I've tried to ask girls out, and in the end it ALWAYS never ended well. The last time I had a girlfriend was back in the 8th grade... and I don't think that legitimately counts! Now that I'm in college, my priorities have somewhat shifted. Sure I could date and have a fun time, but I'd rather do my best on my school work and just enjoy my hobbies. There are times that I often think about how life would be for me if I did put the time and effort into a relationship, and eventually settle down with the woman I would hope to one day marry. It's a nice thought, and something to look forward to. But, I'm just tired of chasing after girls who don't feel the same way about me as I feel about them. I just want a break to look at myself and learn from past mistakes. Hopefully, I will be able to identify the girl that I would be compatible with.

For example: During my senior year of high school, I met this girl - let's call her Elisa. Elisa was new, and my parents invited her family over for lunch one day where I met her for the first time. We definitely bonded quickly, and it was overwhelming for me because she was a gorgeous girl and I was... well, me. Our friendship grew over the following months, but when she began dating other guys, I became quite jealous and realized that I actually liked her in a more romantic sense rather than just friendship. Despite her dating other guys, she and I still enjoyed spending time with one another - and sure, I innocently flirted with her. After a couple of years knowing her, I sincerely thought that she was the girl I was destined to be with... yes I believe in destiny, what of it? However, last Christmas....

I came home last December. Prior to that, Elisa and I were chatting nonstop on Facebook, and earlier than that, I have already revealed my feelings for her. So imagine yourself coming home for the holidays to a girl that you've fallen in love with, only to find out that she began dating someone else! Apparently she ended our so-called long distance relationship without even telling me. How unfaithful was that? For the rest of my time back home I resented her, and her boyfriend - who we shall call Peter. I flew back to Guam in relief.

It did not take me long to get over Elisa. Heck, for the last several months we hardly spoke to one another online. I knew that even our friendship was dying. Now, we're up to last month. I came home without a care in the world for Elisa. Heck, once I eventually saw her I was nice to her, gave her a graduation present and such. My prior feelings for Elisa were completely gone, and I no longer resented her, nor Peter, for it. I accepted the outcome for what it was. After she left for Virginia earlier this month, I knew for a fact that I was never going to see her again.

That's the tragedy. I develop a close bond with a girl and accept her as a special part of my life and a close friend. Then once I start developing feelings for her, it's too late - she's with someone else, albeit a dud, but still. Now we hardly talk and I may never see her again. In the end, the thing I took away was a valuable lesson. You see, I like to think that paths are mean't to be crossed. With each girl that crosses my path, I take away a lesson - with Elisa, it was getting to truly know her. Besides the fact that she began dating someone else before I knew about it, there were other things about her that turned me off - but I won't dive into that.

Point is, that Elisa was just a lesson that I needed to learn. I fell for her, and that was a mistake, a mistake that I do not intend to make again. I just hope that one day, I'll cross paths with a girl that I'd like to walk with for a while, or even for the rest of my life. Who knows. Until then, I like to walk my path solo!
ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion