S.H. MonsterArts MEGA Thread #1

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Lucky Dragon
Monsterland Worker

Re: TK's Official Unofficial S.H. Monsterarts survey!

Post by Lucky Dragon »

Godzilla
Godzilla '04, Varan, Titanosaurus.

Non Godzilla.
Gamera 1999, Gwangi, Gaira

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Can we at least limit our votes to Japanese monsters? You know that if Tamashii hasn't moved to Western properties before, they won't do it now, especially over a a kaiju line. Those votes are kind of useless.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

I agree, actually. The Other Monsters category is all spread out.

Titanosaurus seems to be a favorite, as does Biollante. Those two along with Gamera 99 (big surprise) are at the top of the list. I would absolutely love to have all three of those in this line. However, we need more votes. I see people who are enthusiastic about the line that haven't voted yet. Granted the poll is only a few days old, but I'm thinking that the monsters with only a few votes wont be worth even submitting. If you see a monster you want made please vote for it!

HikizuruBeat
Interpol Agent

Post by HikizuruBeat »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:Can we at least limit our votes to Japanese monsters? You know that if Tamashii hasn't moved to Western properties before, they won't do it now, especially over a a kaiju line. Those votes are kind of useless.
Going to have to agree.
I know Bandai/tamashii won't look at our choices and create it, but we should make the choices a bit more realistic for a survey.
TK's resident resident
Crocodile wrote:
Jomei wrote: I lost my virginity at the age of 6 to every single member of the Spice Girls.
Why am I willing to believe this?

StonedHope
Interpol Agent

Post by StonedHope »

Godzilla:
GMK Godzilla, Godzilla 2000 (1999), Destoroyah (Final)

Other Monsters:

gamera (1999), Zilla, clover
Currently living in Taiwan (month 9).
If anyone is considering teaching English abroad as a good way to travel. I recommend you do it now and that you consider Taiwan. So far, I think it has the best of Southeast Asia.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Ur, Tamashii isn't going to make a Clover. Or an American Godzilla. This isn't a fan wishlist- this is a survey for the Tamashii folks themselves, and the choices put down should be logical and feasible, if not the votes are as good as useless.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

I assume by "Zilla" he means the actual character Zilla from Final Wars. Don't worry though. I'm thinking we should narrow it down to a Top 10 for each category as far as what gets submitted.

An actual poll for each category might be made if the moderators allow.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Kongzilla will never happen.

The Rhedosaurus COULD happen for a number of reasons:

1. It's an OLD US property - acquiring the rights would prob. be easy/inexpensive.

2. A LOT of people would buy it, in the US AND Japan!

3. 'King Kong' was the original seed of the idea for Godzilla, way back when. But 'Beast from 20,000 Fathoms' was released the year prior to 'Godzilla', & is acknowledged as the direct inspiration for Big G's look, by Tsuburaya & others who worked on the film. The historical connection between Big G & Rhedosaurus is undeniable, & I'm sure Bandai is aware of this.

So, never say never - except for Kongzilla, using 'never' is prob. safe there. :lol:

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

^ I agree, though, why no Zilla (FW)? Hes Toho property.

Also Clover would be awesome as an SH MonsterArts toy, despite the improbability of him being made. Its a shame little to no merchandise was released for him aside from that giant action figure.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Once again, have faith! Due to the LACK of Cloverfield merchandise, it could show up where you least expect it!

And I'd like to add Minoton from 'Sinbad & the Eye of the Tiger' to my 'wants' list!

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Look, if Tamashi has never dabbled into Western properties in even their most popular lines, why would they start now? Revoltech, who's basically Western-properties-crazy, never did Clover. Its pretty safe to say Tamashii won't do so either.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

I agree, there is little to no market value in Cloverfield anymore.
The one limited figure released by Hasbro is good enough.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Godzilla:
Gabara (seriously he still gets NO love :( )
Godzilla 75
Titanosaurus

Other:
Jiras
Gomes
The Gargantuas (I'm considering them to be one because to release one without the other would just be blasphamy)

Cloverfield!?!?! Yeah I'd love a Clover figure and it looks just how it did in the mov....oh wait we hardly saw it in the movie never mind not intrested in a monster I barely saw in a movie that really just dissapointed me what was it 3 or 4 years ago now? So agree drop the Clover hard on there's as much chance of getting any clover merch now as you have of being struck by lightning 5 times while a cow squirts milk on you from a satalite.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

CheetoKamper wrote: So agree drop the Clover hard on there's as much chance of getting any clover merch now as you have of being struck by lightning 5 times while a cow squirts milk on you from a satalite.
Well said...well said.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Actually... That's impossible. Therefore there's a WAY better chance of getting Cloverfield merchandise. Like, 1 in a million :P.

No Jirass, no Gomess. Those monsters would be Ultra Acts.

Fiender
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fiender »

*raises hand*

Why isn't Mothra on the main list? Why has no one mentioned this yet?
Are we assuming they're going to put out a Mothra figure?
I was that kid who made bad Godzilla games in RPG Maker and complained when no one paid attention to them :D

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Not a single person has voted for her rainbow ass, that's why.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

The Rhedosaurus COULD happen for a number of reasons:

1. It's an OLD US property - acquiring the rights would prob. be easy/inexpensive.

2. A LOT of people would buy it, in the US AND Japan!

3. 'King Kong' was the original seed of the idea for Godzilla, way back when. But 'Beast from 20,000 Fathoms' was released the year prior to 'Godzilla', & is acknowledged as the direct inspiration for Big G's look, by Tsuburaya & others who worked on the film. The historical connection between Big G & Rhedosaurus is undeniable, & I'm sure Bandai is aware of this.
I reiterate- if Tamashii has never went for US properties before in the much more popular lines like Robot Damashii or Figurarts, they aren't going to do it over Godzilla, especially since they haven't expanded the line or hinted at anything since November last year.. They had never taken the plunge before and basically sat back and let Revoltech and Figma do all the Western props (including some far more popular than Rhedosaurus) despite Bandai being the most powerful toy company in Japan. And Bandai's a corporation, I seriously doubt it will take into consideration whatever historical significance Rhedosaurus has. Bandai isn;t some sentimental love letter like M1 or something.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

*sigh* This is all getting sidetracked.

If the creator and curator of this survey doesn't think the suggestion is valid...then just omit the suggestion. You don't even have to say it or argue about it; just don't count it. Do I think there's a chance of a new Cloverfield figure being made any time soon...?

Yeah, actually I do see it as possible. This line or out of Japan? Hell, who knows. Possible? I see no reason why not.

Anyways, if it's a vote that doesn't work for you, just ignore it. It would certainly be preferable to this dubious argument, in my estimation and more productive to boot.

*this guys 2 cents*
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Some people are commenting without voting. I've resigned myself to sifting through the debating to find the votes. They need to exist in order to be counted. Please vote, then argue.

As for Rhedosaurus, Clover, etc. I'm being impartial so I have to count them all. Except Kongzilla, who was removed for being a fan creation.