New kaiju game from Matt Frank + Simon Strange [Archive]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.

Re: (Possible) new kaiju game from Matt Frank and Simon Stra

Postby Chris55 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:31 pm

matrix wrote:Hey guys, we should talk about unlockables, so what should be avalable at the store? I think, Monsters, Arenas, Videos, Pictures. But to just plain unlock, I think there should be player emblems, you can maybe unlock more by doing stuff like playing 100 battles, and you can display them, like? :g2k:

I think fan art would be cool unlockables.
http://www.Transcendence-Movie.com

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.
Chris55
Site Staff

Geiger Counter

Re: "Godzilla Game" Title Ideas

Postby Shadow » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:00 pm

"Godzilla: Destruction of Earth, Online"
"Godzilla: Destroy All Kaiju"
"Godzilla: Rise of the Brotherhood" :lol:
And the best one: "Godzilla: Rise of the Kaiju"
Half as long, twice as bright.
ImageImage
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Shadow
Mothras Lover

Geiger Counter

Team: Rogue Titan Squad
Favourite Kaiju: Mechagodzilla 1974

Postby matrix » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Shadow wrote:"Godzilla: Destruction of Earth, Online"
"Godzilla: Destroy All Kaiju"
"Godzilla: Rise of the Brotherhood" :lol:
And the best one: "Godzilla: Rise of the Kaiju"

You got godzilla rise of the kaiju from me! Its ok. :g2k:
matrix
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Shadow » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:37 pm

^Dammit! I knew that sounded familiar somewhere, aww well I stand by it anyway.
Half as long, twice as bright.
ImageImage
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Shadow
Mothras Lover

Geiger Counter

Team: Rogue Titan Squad
Favourite Kaiju: Mechagodzilla 1974

Re: Matt / Chris / Simon talk about the new Kaiju Game.

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Mr. Strange wrote:$500 - Name one monster to be in the game - including any original monster you have created.

So, say someone donated $1,000 to the project. Could they get two monsters in? Or is it pretty much one monster per person?
"Gojira may be the answer. He can defeat them."

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller

Geiger Counter

New Video Game, New Monster?

Postby matrix » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:44 pm

I honestly want a new monster, I cant wait to see what people come up with, if I had to make one, I say it should be, Green, Mutant, Blue Lazer Beam, Red Spikes, kinda like godzilla, but ive always wanted a green villan, this is my dream monster, kinda crazy, oh his stats would be mostly attack and defence, low speed and weapons. (making it fair) :g2k:
matrix
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Kiryu2012 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:06 pm

A question. If someone sends in an original monster, how would they provide the sound effects for that monster? Like if it were a monster like my Gwangi, http://goji64kingdom.proboards.com/inde ... y&thread=3 , would someone provide the voice acting for that monster?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy shit man.

Kiryu2012
The God of Chaos

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Discord and Bobobo
Favourite Kaiju: Discord

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:18 pm

2 things guys.

1: Music

I think one of the most important things now days in games is music, I mean it's become just as important to games as it has to films in recent years. So the question is what kind of soundtrack do we want for the hypothetical new game?

I honestly would not mind something like this. Maybe not for the fights but maybe as a selection menu theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TE9Bz7kvuQ

2: Upgrades?

Do we want to be able to upgrade our monsters powers through unlockible stuff and an upgrade system and if so can such a system even be put in if we want it?

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:20 pm

KaijuApocalypse: The Eternal War

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Re: New Video Game, New Monster?

Postby hammysammy59 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:20 pm

It sounds like at some point the game being headed up by Strange, Frank and Chris will feature an entire line-up of original monsters. It'll be cool to see what they, and fans, come up with. Hopefully they take the opportunity to really stretch out creatively, and give us some creatures that fill in gaps left by the Toho/Godzilla monster stable both visually and from a gameplay point of view. Mammalian monsters, bird creatures, and characters inspired by or based on different world mythologies would all be super cool. I'd love to see them take inspiration from western-style monster movies too--that's one thing I really loved about War of the Monsters. Creative riffs on The 50 ft. Woman, The Blob and Harryhausen creatures would all be fantastic... or hell, why go for homages/parodies? It'd be ridiculously cool if they landed the rights to these classic creatures. Why yes, I DO want to see Ymir and Talos in a tag-team match against Godzilla and King Caesar.
Haters gonna hate
hammysammy59
JXSDF Technician

Postby Mr. Strange » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Living Corpse wrote:KaijuApocalypse: The Eternal War

I quite like Kaiju Apocalypse!
Mr. Strange
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Strange » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:26 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:So, say someone donated $1,000 to the project. Could they get two monsters in? Or is it pretty much one monster per person?

I'm not sure. I would be fine with that person submitting 2 monsters, but it would probably depend upon the number of original monster submissions we have to contend with. Maybe at that level we accept additional original monsters, but don't give the guarantee that they will make it in?

Honestly, it's probably a special case. If our biggest problem is that we have too many people donationg $1,000 or more, I think we're doing pretty well.

@Kiryu2012 - If you can create the .wav files yourself, we'll use those as a basis. Unfortunately, audio theft is a big problem, so I would not be comfortable accepting any .wav files which are not essentially you making noises into the mic.
Mr. Strange
Interpol Agent

Postby hammysammy59 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:36 pm

As far as music goes, I REALLY liked most of the music in Godzilla Unleashed. The only group of songs I didn't really care for was the more rock-influenced GDF themes... the music for the Earth Defender, Alien and Mutant factions were all pretty perfect fits for the game, and just cool pieces of music in general. So if we can get something along those lines for this game, I'd be a very, very happy camper. Though, having the option for a custom soundtrack would be fantastic too... that way I can just fill it up with Ifukube scores. :)

Upgradeable monsters would be hella cool. Wouldn't Toho pitch a shit-fit about this though? I know they're not cool with create-a-monster modes, and I feel like upgrades for monsters would be treading in similar territory. Maybe it could get implemented in the pack of original monsters? A full-fledged create-a-monster mode would be incredible.
Haters gonna hate
hammysammy59
JXSDF Technician

Postby skuzzy-punk-kid » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:38 pm

The whole beam attack has been a subject of debate for a while. The raged (beam) attacks have already been established as integral to the combat mechanics of the Godzilla games (not taking into account the Wii port of Godzilla: Unleashed). A lot of the attacks have been either interrupted or negated by the weakest streams of ranged attacks (not fully charged, mind you). I can recall some attacks where your kaiju charges forward slowed down as you're colliding with a ranged attack; Godzilla's charging headbutt doesn't cover as much distance as it normally would, same goes for Anguirus' standard roll. Anguirus' roar would completely distrupt these sorts of attacks; you don't even have to fully charge the Sonic Roar for it to be that effective. Kaiju with ranged attacks vs. kaiju without ranged attacks; for the sake of game play, mechanics, and balance, the ranged kaiju would have an unfair advantage. Kaiju that are not known to have ranged attacks have been given a ranged attack to even out the unbalanced system. Recalling the days I've played Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee and Godzilla: Save the Earth, I've won many battles by firing off 3 full-charged beams (2 times in the former, both of when my energy meter is full, by the way) as often as I could in between melee fronts. I've only used weak beams on rare encounters to interrupt the opponent's attacks. And here's another thing I recall reading on this thread: trade out Anguirus' Sonic Roar for the Thunderball Attack. Um...last I checked, he could already do both! In Godzilla: Save the Earth, he had the Thunderball as his Rage attack, where he keeps on rolling until his Rage meter depletes.
Gigan was always suspected of having a ranged attack since his debut in 1972, but was never shown on screen. But seeing his Red Laser on Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, it actually suited him; the crimson beam did seem to have this alien quality to it.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!
skuzzy-punk-kid
Yin-Yang Master

Postby hammysammy59 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm

skuzzy-punk-kid wrote:Gigan was always suspected of having a ranged attack since his debut in 1972, but was never shown on screen. But seeing his Red Laser on Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, it actually suited him; the crimson beam did seem to have this alien quality to it.

As a bit of a movie purist myself, I always gave Gigan a free pass because posters and promotional material for Godzilla vs Gigan advertised him as having that laser weapon. Plus when he gets busted in the face with a boulder, the little gem in his forehead explodes... so presumably he DID have a laser, but just never got a chance to use it.

Not that moves and powers created in the games are a bad thing: Anguirus used the thunderball (love that name) in games well before he busted it out in Final Wars.... and it ruled. I'm just not a fan of the "every monster needs a beam (or sonic roar)" mentality. I'd rather see new moves based on the creature's design and personality: Anguirus' thunderball is an awesome example of doing this super right.
Haters gonna hate
hammysammy59
JXSDF Technician

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm

By upgrades I mean stuff like buying the Red Spiral beam for Godzilla.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby hammysammy59 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Well that would be cool, but would we create new upgrades for other monsters? Sure Godzilla can upgrade to the spiral ray, and Mechagodzilla 2 could add on Garuda, but what about monsters that don't have similar add-ons or upgrades? Should original ones be created? It would be cool, but I think it could REALLY screw with game balance. Or would the upgrades be purely cosmetic?
Haters gonna hate
hammysammy59
JXSDF Technician

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:14 pm

hammysammy59 wrote:Well that would be cool, but would we create new upgrades for other monsters? Sure Godzilla can upgrade to the spiral ray, and Mechagodzilla 2 could add on Garuda, but what about monsters that don't have similar add-ons or upgrades? Should original ones be created? It would be cool, but I think it could REALLY screw with game balance. Or would the upgrades be purely cosmetic?

Well one's like Anggy could buy new melee moves like Anggy being able to jump backwards to hit foes with his spikes.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby matrix » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Not trying to brag, but I still like my, Rise of the Kaiju. :g2k:
matrix
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Hotrod93 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
hammysammy59 wrote:Well that would be cool, but would we create new upgrades for other monsters? Sure Godzilla can upgrade to the spiral ray, and Mechagodzilla 2 could add on Garuda, but what about monsters that don't have similar add-ons or upgrades? Should original ones be created? It would be cool, but I think it could REALLY screw with game balance. Or would the upgrades be purely cosmetic?

Well one's like Anggy could buy new melee moves like Anggy being able to jump backwards to hit foes with his spikes.

Why not just the Thunder ball Attack?
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Hotrod93
JXSDF Technician

Geiger Counter

Postby Legionmaster » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:16 pm

I already have to unlock the characters. Why would I want to have to unlock their moves too?
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Team: Plasbad

PreviousNext

Return to Toho Video Games