Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Zilla103192 »

Legionmaster wrote:For those interested, here are the sprites for the starts in my romhack:

Love them!

odd combination of starters.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

zilla103192 wrote:Love them!

odd combination of starters.
Thanks!

There's no way that any romhack I do will NOT have Meganium. He's the best starter in the whole wide word. As this is a Gen3 hack, it makes sense to have one starter from each generation. Originally, I was going to have Meganium, Blaziken, and Blastoise (my favs from each generation, which worked out nicely), but my one friend convinced me to use Charizard instead. This also meant that I'd get Mudkip, which I was ok with. I think if I had to get Treecko, I wouldn't have changed anything.
bleep bloop

HikizuruBeat
Interpol Agent

Post by HikizuruBeat »

I don't know if any of you care for IVs or not but I have boxloads of leftover pokemon from IV breeding. They should have at least ONE perfect stat.

darumakka
litwick
sawk
throh
sewaddle egg move: baton pass
sigilyph egg move: cosmic power, psycho shift, roost
piplip egg move: agility
lileep
croagunk egg move: drain punch
deino egg move: dark pulse
TK's resident resident
Crocodile wrote:
Jomei wrote: I lost my virginity at the age of 6 to every single member of the Spice Girls.
Why am I willing to believe this?

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Legionmaster wrote:For those interested, here are the sprites for the starts in my romhack:

Those looks pretty cool, I like Charzard's pose.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Open invitation to anyone who wants to playtest my romhack, btw. All you need is VBA, which you can download by Googling it. Try not to play too quickly either. The idea is to look for bugs and mistakes and things that don't work. And explore. Try to break it. And at this point, don't worry about trainers' Pokemon; they won't be edited until the end. If you're interested, just shoot me an email (legionmaster13@yahoo.com) and I'll send you the ROM.
bleep bloop

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Legionmaster wrote:Open invitation to anyone who wants to playtest my romhack, btw. All you need is VBA, which you can download by Googling it. Try not to play too quickly either. The idea is to look for bugs and mistakes and things that don't work. And explore. Try to break it. And at this point, don't worry about trainers' Pokemon; they won't be edited until the end. If you're interested, just shoot me an email (legionmaster13@yahoo.com) and I'll send you the ROM.
I'll shoot you a PM.

Sounds really cool!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

My cousin recently got back into Pokemon Pearl.

Anyone got a good team I can suggest to him?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Torterra, Rapidash, Gyarados, Drapion, Staraptor, and Quagsire. Thsoe 6 make up a very good, solid team that hit hard, and can take hits... aside from Rapidash, but that's because he's the only fire-type in Pearl aside from Infernape...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

In my experience, Luxray and Crobat are lackluster. Especially when Machamp is there too. Gastrodon and Ambipom are nifty too. Oh, there's also Gengar. Raichu isn't awful. Azumarill is quite powerful. If you can find one, Toxicroak is pretty awesome.

Plus.

SEAKING.
bleep bloop

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I had in the Battle Subway Double and Super Double Train, a 51 battle win streak, the highest I've reached in a Battle Frontier like area.

Here's my team

Dragonite
Item: Persim Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Outrage
Aerial Ace
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Eelektross
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Acid Spray

Crawdaunt
Item: Muscle Band
Ability: Adaptability
Waterfall
Crunch
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

Porygon-Z
Item: Wiseglasses
Ability: Download
Psychic
Ice Beam
Signal Beam
Thunderbolt

Everybody says that the Subway trainers are cheap. I encountered four trainers who used Earthquake on my Dragonite and Eelektross. I laughed each time they did it.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

The fact your using a Crawdaunt makes your team epic win.

And the farther up you go, the more hax gets sent in your way... Watch out for double blizzards or Rock Slides, especially... they ALWAYS freeze and flinch...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Flygon King wrote:The fact your using a Crawdaunt makes your team epic win.

And the farther up you go, the more hax gets sent in your way... Watch out for double blizzards or Rock Slides, especially... they ALWAYS freeze and flinch...
Thank you. I love Adaptablity on Crawdaunt. Before my streak ended, Crawdaunt used Crunch on a Milotic and took out 3/4 of it's HP. If Crawdaunt wasn't my last Pokemon and didn't get KO'd, Milotic couldn't have taken another blow. And it didn't help Trick Room was used and my Pokemon went last, if it wasn't for that, I would have still had Porygon-Z to nail it with a Thunderbolt. Milotic has always been a Pokemon that gives me trouble. It always seems to show up after my electric and/or grass user has been taken out.

I never really encountered many flinching or freezing during this run. All my Pokemon have the Alert to Sounds characteristic so their speed is pretty decent and they have natures that boost their respective attack stat and I EV trained their attack stat and speed. My leads were Dragonite and Eelektross so Dragonite could unleash an Earthquake right off the bat to at least weaken both opponents and Eelektross would finish off one of them that wasn't KO'd. Dragonite's Multiscale saved him a LOT. He even survived a few Ice attacks. Granted they left him with almost no hit points but still was enough to deal another blow.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

HikizuruBeat
Interpol Agent

Post by HikizuruBeat »

I'm FLIPPING THE F OUT THE NEW B/W 2 GAMES ARE CONFIRMED SEQUELS!
Last edited by HikizuruBeat on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK's resident resident
Crocodile wrote:
Jomei wrote: I lost my virginity at the age of 6 to every single member of the Spice Girls.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Not to be smug or anything, but told y'all it was a sequel.

Also: Must. Have. Ledian.
bleep bloop

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Speaking of those scans, Bulbapiedia translated what the games are about. http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M ... ine_leaked Sequels but takes place 2 years after Black and White versions. I wonder if N will return in the game. Reading about Kyurem freezing parts of Unova seems something is going on in the game like a new 'Team' that is controlling Kyurem like Team Plasma did in Platinum version to control the 3 lake Pokemon. Or maybe Kyurem will be the villain in the games. Kinda odd that parts of Unova are frozen like something bad happened.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

... This looks like fun.

And judging from the Metagross pic, PLEASSSE let Metagross be apart of the Unova dex in these games...

EDIT: Nvm... The likes of Metagross, Tyrannitar, Lapras, Eevee, and Arcanine are part of the new Unova dex... I'm gonn have LOTS of fun using Tyrannitar...

and the person with the guitar is our new Poison Gym Leader... AT LAST! A NEW POISON GYM LEADER! Now all we need is a Dark Gym Leader...

HikizuruBeat
Interpol Agent

Post by HikizuruBeat »

Flygon King wrote:... This looks like fun.

And judging from the Metagross pic, PLEASSSE let Metagross be apart of the Unova dex in these games...

EDIT: Nvm... The likes of Metagross, Tyrannitar, Lapras, Eevee, and Arcanine are part of the new Unova dex... I'm gonn have LOTS of fun using Tyrannitar...

and the person with the guitar is our new Poison Gym Leader... AT LAST! A NEW POISON GYM LEADER! Now all we need is a Dark Gym Leader...
Um... you know we had a poison gym leader before right? Koga ring a bell?
Yeah we seriously need a dark type gym then I can die happy.

Actually I really want a flying/fighting type, but that won't happen in b/w2
TK's resident resident
Crocodile wrote:

Zillaowner
G-Grasper

Post by Zillaowner »

We knew about the games being sequels so that's not really news. Parts of Unova covered in Ice is interesting, wonder if you capture kyurem and post E4 would the ice thaw.
Shadow Arena

Wins: 13 Loses: 8 OHKO: 3

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

HikizuruBeat wrote:
Flygon King wrote:... This looks like fun.

Um... you know we had a poison gym leader before right? Koga ring a bell?
Yeah we seriously need a dark type gym then I can die happy.

Actually I really want a flying/fighting type, but that won't happen in b/w2
Yeah, but the thing is, ,we've only had ONE poison gym, and 2 poison Gym Leaders... Dark might need a gym leader badly, but it's recently gained popularity as an Elite 4 type...

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

If, in 5 generations, there hasn't been a Dark gym, then there shouldn't ever be one.
bleep bloop