Not bad at all, certainly a big step up from last week. I had very low expectations for this one, and was sure the writer would go the obvious route and have Pinkie herself as the culprit. But that obviously was not the case, so hats off to Amy Keating Rogers for keeping me guessing.
- Gustav. A moustache-twirling French griffon would be great enough, but the silent movie bit catapulted him into awesome territory.
- Pony Joe! I never thought we'd see him again. The James Bond thing was hilarious, there's no way we won't get a few dozen fanfics out of it. Also, Donutopia is Best Dessert of the series. Period.
- So Fluttershy has tail extensions, and now Rarity wears fake eyelashes. Is anything about these ponies actually real? Soon it'll probably turn out that Scootaloo really is a chicken...
- Celestia and the cake. So the CMCs definitely got that right, at least.
- Twilight is Best Detective.
So an enjoyable episode overall. Easily my favorite of this season's Pinkie eps. 4/5 and Upper-Mid Tier. And now, we enter the final week of the season. It's a little depressing, but I expect to see another creativity explosion from the fandom over the summer. There's certainly a lot of good fanfic material that hasn't been used yet.
"You know it's good advice when you're still confused afterwards." -Michelangelo