Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Trendmasters Playset Help

Post by Zilla103192 »

maybe its too old and fragile... it might be stuck like that...

maybe super glue?

my best advice (and dont think im trying to be rude or make fun of you or anything.. because i collect toys too.) is the next time to get a classic toy... dont play with it, if its old... itll break pretty easily.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

Even though it was in the original packaging, it could still break?
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

if its old enough... and that thing is from the mid 90s... but idk. i dont have any TMs anymore. :cry:

id say try pushing it back in... it might need to click... but be careful
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

zilla103192 wrote:if its old enough... and that thing is from the mid 90s... but idk. i dont have any TMs anymore. :cry:

id say try pushing it back in... it might need to click... but be careful
Nothing actually shattered or snapped, it just popped out and won't go back in.
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

Post by Zilla103192 »

thats what i mean... maybe (IF YOUR CAREFUL!! i cant stress that enough) try to push it back in with alot of force... maybe the peice needs to be snapped into place.

Gatorzilla91
Ronin

Post by Gatorzilla91 »

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Gatorzilla91 wrote:Picked this beauty up off ebay! :mrgreen:

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/1/4/3/ ... 6955_o.jpg

I never did get what the story of the Doom Island toy line was supposed to be

Gatorzilla91
Ronin

Post by Gatorzilla91 »

Ive got kind of a general idea and this comes from research on the toy line

Doon Island was supposed to include alot of new monsters to it including Destroyah, Kumonga, Kamacurus and Manda and apparently Gabara, Hedorah, Ebirah, and Baby Godzilla

I know there was going to be a 10inch Biollante and the giant Mega-Mutation Godzilla (which looked AMAZING) and Destroyah

And there was supposed to be a SpaceGodzilla vs Dinos set too

thats all i know on the toy line but im sure there was alot more planned

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Gatorzilla91 wrote:Ive got kind of a general idea and this comes from research on the toy line

Doon Island was supposed to include alot of new monsters to it including Destroyah, Kumonga, Kamacurus and Manda and apparently Gabara, Hedorah, Ebirah, and Baby Godzilla

I know there was going to be a 10inch Biollante and the giant Mega-Mutation Godzilla (which looked AMAZING) and Destroyah

And there was supposed to be a SpaceGodzilla vs Dinos set too

thats all i know on the toy line but im sure there was alot more planned

Can you show us this mega mutant Godzilla

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Doom Island was intended to capitalize on generic dinosaur toys and the Transformers -mega mutations were based on the latter.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Gatorzilla91
Ronin

Post by Gatorzilla91 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Gatorzilla91 wrote:Ive got kind of a general idea and this comes from research on the toy line

I hear Titanosaurus and Gaint Octopus from "The War of the Gargantuas" figures where plan as well.

I could almost swear I heard something about one of these two.

Also apparently TM wanted to do King Kong too for the Godzilla line but liscensing fell through

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I saw those Doom Island figures, and they look awesome. I wish the Doom Island figures where released back in 96 or 97. Playing with those figures as a kid would have been great, and my childhood would be even more awesome.
I could have sworn that I heard at one point that TM couldn't get the license for Titanosaurus.
Really since I could have swear that a artwork for him from TM (Unless it was fake)? Did TM ever get the rights to Jet Jaguar and Gorosaurus?
They did have Jet Jaguar and Titano's rights, as well as Hedorah, Kamacuras, Gabara and a few others.

Don't remember anything about Gorosaurus though.

I'm glad TM ended when it did. As much as I love TM's figures, the line was clearly losing quality fast judging from what was made of Doom Island.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Gatorzilla91
Ronin

Post by Gatorzilla91 »

JVM wrote:
I'm glad TM ended when it did. As much as I love TM's figures, the line was clearly losing quality fast judging from what was made of Doom Island.
Im going to disagree with that MAJORLY and here's why...

I really dont get why people hate TM so much. There was never anything wrong with it really. I get why people love Bandai so much due to the figures looking exactly like they did in the movie and people hated the TM designs of the monsters. If you ask me the TM designs were awsome. But aside from that look at what all they produced

10inch figures
These amazing figures could light up and roar! and Garuda could attach to MechaG

6inch figures
These figures were just as good w/ or w/o sound

4inch figures
Not bad figures and were still pretty cool

Bendys
These reminded me alot of the Showa monsters and im sure some would agree with me

Micro Playsets
Now how cool were these?? Made of course to go along with micro machines but still very neat!

Hatchlings
Now these were awsome! Sure Mothra shouldve been a larva but still! Ghidorahs egg reminds me of the meteorite he came in in GTTHM

New York City playset
Now this was AMAZING! Who wouldnt want a set of NY that could be destroyed by other monster toys??? Plus Godzilla could shoot his beam at the buildings!

And there was so much more released too. Had the toy line continued into Doom Island the line would have been just as good as ever. Plus Im sure there were more stuff planned for Doom Island than we know! We would have gotten monsters that even Bandai hasnt released. Plus new features and designs for some of the monsters. TM toy line wasnt made to be accurate like Bandai it was made for immagination and to have fun. I love it because of what all u can do with the toys and i am still sad at how it ended.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Gatorzilla91 wrote:
JVM wrote:
Im going to disagree with that MAJORLY and here's why...

I really dont get why people hate TM so much. There was never anything wrong with it really. I get why people love Bandai so much due to the figures looking exactly like they did in the movie and people hated the TM designs of the monsters. If you ask me the TM designs were awsome. But aside from that look at what all they produced

10inch figures
These amazing figures could light up and roar! and Garuda could attach to MechaG

6inch figures
These figures were just as good w/ or w/o sound

4inch figures
Not bad figures and were still pretty cool

Bendys
These reminded me alot of the Showa monsters and im sure some would agree with me

Micro Playsets
Now how cool were these?? Made of course to go along with micro machines but still very neat!

Hatchlings
Now these were awsome! Sure Mothra shouldve been a larva but still! Ghidorahs egg reminds me of the meteorite he came in in GTTHM

New York City playset
Now this was AMAZING! Who wouldnt want a set of NY that could be destroyed by other monster toys??? Plus Godzilla could shoot his beam at the buildings!

And there was so much more released too. Had the toy line continued into Doom Island the line would have been just as good as ever. Plus Im sure there were more stuff planned for Doom Island than we know! We would have gotten monsters that even Bandai hasnt released. Plus new features and designs for some of the monsters. TM toy line wasnt made to be accurate like Bandai it was made for immagination and to have fun. I love it because of what all u can do with the toys and i am still sad at how it ended.
As far as we can tell, only 10in and 6in figures were planned for Doom Island, plus the new Power-Ups.

Trendmasters' first line was AMAZING, and I LOVE Trendmasters - though, don't get me wrong, they SUCK, doesn't mean I can't love them - but regardless, Godzilla Wars was a step-down and Doom Island seems to have little new stuff besides Destoroyah, MM Godzilla and the dinosaurs.

Gatorzilla91
Ronin

Post by Gatorzilla91 »

I just think back to the days when i was a kid and would play with my TM Godzilla toys (the non electronic ones of course) in my gma's pool

or how i would put scotch tape around Godzilla and pretend hes covered in Mothras silk

or refusing to leave the toy store until i got the 10in Mothra

ah those were the days :huge:

jozillaguy
Ronin

Post by jozillaguy »

Does anyone know if Trendmasters made a 10" electronic supercharged Black version Godzilla? I have the green one but never saw one on ebay in black.

howze01
GPN Volunteer

Post by howze01 »

jozillaguy wrote:Does anyone know if Trendmasters made a 10" electronic supercharged Black version Godzilla? I have the green one but never saw one on ebay in black.
Yes, they did. http://www.clubtokyo.org/listings/itemL ... tentID=824

Gatorzilla91
Ronin

Post by Gatorzilla91 »

JVM wrote:Doom Island was intended to capitalize on generic dinosaur toys and the Transformers -mega mutations were based on the latter.

So you're saying that Doom Island was created to capitalize on the popularity of Dinosaurs and Transformers in the 90's?

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

yes... thats why the figures came with generic dinosaur toys and the mutations transformed... :P