Hobby Japan Godzilla Perfection/Completion Books thread

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: "Heisei Godzilla Perfection" book coming soon (Feb 10)

Post by Spuro »

Rody wrote:^ It still looks over-the-top. The triple drills look ridiculous to me.
Maybe the drills could be fired as missiles like the Goten from War in Space?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Rody wrote:^ It still looks over-the-top. The triple drills look ridiculous to me.
Maybe the drills could be fired as missiles like the Goten from War in Space?
Actually, you're right. Here's some more concept art of the heisei Gotengo in action:

Last edited by ebirahsmeg1 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Get hi-quality scan, put these on the Main site asap.

Also keep up the scans bro.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Hotrod93 wrote:Get hi-quality scan, put these on the Main site asap.

Sorry about the rather shitty quality...I don't have a scanner, so I had to take a digital camera snap shot. Also, I have no idea why, but these pics are facing sideways and not horizontally like they should (they're horizontal in my photobucket....very odd). Anyways, I'll try to keep 'em coming!

*EDIT* fixed the pic problem.
Last edited by ebirahsmeg1 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:

Sorry about the rather shitty quality...I don't have a scanner, so I had to take a digital camera snap shot. Also, I have no idea why, but these pics are facing sideways and not horizontally like they should (they're horizontal in my photobucket....very odd). Anyways, I'll try to keep 'em coming!
Damn..didn't realize that it had such interesting content. Thanks for posting these...I think I'm going to hunt one down.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I saw the four-legged Bagan concept art, which I found to be very strange. The blue "insectian" Bagan was even stranger.
Are you talking about this?

That's not Bagan, It's "Barubaroi". This is from a completely different book to begin with.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Goji wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:
That's not Bagan, It's "Barubaroi". This is from a completely different book to begin with.
These same pics are also in this Heisei book. Basically, it *appears* (don't quote me 100% on this) that Angilas changed into Barubaroi or vice versa (the notes on the photo says "Angilas changes" in katakana...I'll post a clear pic of this tomorrow, as it's now 2 am here and I must get some sleep). This insectoid Barubaroi was different from the other Lovecraftian type design I posted earlier. Overall, I find this Barubaroi kaiju far more interesting than Bagan.

By the way, there are some really crazy bizarre Biollante/Bagan/Battra/Gigamoth/Destroyer concepts. Likewise, I'll try to post some when I get around to it. It really sucks that there are no concept drawings of neither Mechani-Kong nor Ghost Godzilla though...it would have been really interesting more on those.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:

*EDIT* fixed the pic problem.
No Problem, If you take a look at my posts you can tell I have to use a camera sicne I dont have a scanner either.

ALSO:

Oh my Balls this book is awesome. I honestly may buy it at some point just because of my love of art and heisei is my favorite era.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

Great stuff, guys! Thanks for sharing. If anyone is interested in doing some write ups with some scans/photos for SKREEONK.com - that'd be amazing!
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Ahhh, so that's the scan that Showa Gyaos was talking about. Was that posted somewhere else earlier? I must have missed that.

The grey Bagan design (with some minor alternations) was made into a suit for the proposed "Mothra vs. Bagan" film for 1990. It's too bad it was never used.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Goji wrote:Ahhh, so that's the scan that Showa Gyaos was talking about. Was that posted somewhere else earlier? I must have missed that.

The grey Bagan design (with some minor alternations) was made into a suit for the proposed "Mothra vs. Bagan" film for 1990. It's too bad it was never used.
The image was found on Clawmark, they're selling the book for $80 atm.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Hotrod93 wrote:they're selling the book for $80 atm.

Even with exchange rates/bulk store shipping that is a steep price. The book's actual price translated to a little over $50 USD when released.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

UnCanny Studios wrote:
Hotrod93 wrote:they're selling the book for $80 atm.

Even with exchange rates/bulk store shipping that is a steep price. The book's actual price translated to a little over $50 USD when released.
Thats the sad thing, but on even sadder news it one of the cheaper prices ive found for US buyers.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Hotrod93 wrote: Thats the sad thing, but on even sadder news it one of the cheaper prices ive found for US buyers.
Yeah unfortunately that seems to be the case. I'd like to pick up the book for the new concept art alone, but not for that price! That kind of cheese will add another Marmit/Gigabrain to the collection! :mrgreen:

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Goji wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I saw the four-legged Bagan concept art, which I found to be very strange. The blue "insectian" Bagan was even stranger.
Are you talking about this?

No. The book has sections that feature concept art for some scrapped monsters. Bagan had his own section, and there were plenty of designs that came before the one we all know now.

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.clawmarktoys.com/popup_image ... 99&image=6

DOUBLE-EDIT: Oh. Hotrod beat me to it. Nvm.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

alright...ordered the book for 4880 yen shipped. should get it in a few weeks

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

leunames wrote:alright...ordered the book for 4880 yen shipped. should get it in a few weeks
If you enjoy it and would like to write some sort of review for Skreeonk.com, that would be excellent! And I would be, of course, eternally grateful.

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

UnCanny Studios wrote:
leunames wrote:alright...ordered the book for 4880 yen shipped. should get it in a few weeks
If you enjoy it and would like to write some sort of review for Skreeonk.com, that would be excellent! And I would be, of course, eternally grateful.
Sure.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Can we have a bump for possible new content?

gribdogs
Ronin

Post by gribdogs »

Ahh this lovely beauty arrived today. I can't wait to enjoy the pretty pictures since I can't read Japanese. Heheh