Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by Zilla103192 »

UnCanny Studios wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I'll only be going for translucent G '95 and Tokyo Vinyl MechaG. Oh, and clear Gigan. And Rainbow Mothra.
They've left the translucent Buring G out of their promo shots, which is a good indication that it will not be seeing the light of day. My full write up on this line is available here: http://skreeonk.com/2012/03/13/bandai-u ... rs-update/

I'd say the new 'fusion' Leo is a vast improvement, though.
If you look at the product description on the bandai site posted above, Burning Godzilla is still listed in the line up.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

I did a quick mock-up of what I wish we were getting. The more I look at that dull translucent grey, the more I don't like it. Hopefully it'll look better in person. And hey, a guy can dream, cant he?

GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

i'm getting that translucent blue gigan. yeah, most of my collection is marmit/original bandai/pilot ace/gigabrain/model kits/etc

but there's a certain smug satisfaction of buying children's godzilla toys for $15 right off the shelf at the toys r us across the street from work instead of importing a $100 and up figure every time.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

zilla103192 wrote:
If you look at the product description on the bandai site posted above, Burning Godzilla is still listed in the line up.
That it does. The lack of a promo shot points to the figure not reaching final stages of development quite yet, so we'll see if it is released soon enough!

And good LORD is the Shinsei Godzilla Tokyo Vinyl ugly. That thing looks hideous from different angles. MechaG, however, just looks that much more adorable.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

The only Bandai USA/ Creations figures that I have are the original lot of "6 figures that came out back in 2002: Godzilla '54, Showa Gigan, Burning Godzilla, Rainbow Mothra, the Godzilla Pack of Destruction, and the 12" Godzilla '05 and MechaGodzilla '03.

I actually am considering at least buying the Tokyo Vinyl Godzilla. It looks kinda cute. If I like it enough, then I'll buy MechaGodzilla. However, the '54 Godzilla I'll pass on.

UPDATE - Went and ordered myself one in the last ten minutes!

Drunken Kong
Monsterland Worker

Post by Drunken Kong »

I usually don't care about Bandai Creations (or really any Bandai in general) - but that Mothra Leo looks pretty appealing. Not sure if I would get the standard or translucent version...
XBL: TripMasterMunky

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Skreeonk.com wrote:I must admit I’ve garnered much more excitement for the clear vinyl ‘Fusion’ line than I have these Tokyo Vinyls. That being said, these little guys are the only original sculpts we seem to be getting from Bandai US this year. They’re brand new in every sense of the word – Godzilla toys the likes of which haven’t been sold before. They are, however, smaller than expected and rather overpriced.

Now perhaps I’m biased, but I just don’t see a 5.5 inch SD figure released by Bandai US warranting an $18 dollar pricetag. The figure sells in Toys R Us retailers for $17.99 right now (some are $17.95, minute difference) and are selling online for anywhere from $25 to $30. That’s too much. If you must have these little guys, I’d imagine the in store price won’t break anyone’s wallet. The online prices, however, are to be avoided.

Why such a price difference, you ask? Pictures speak a thousand words. I took a trip to my local Toys R Us today and snapped some shots for all you Skreeonkers out there. Picture #1 illustrates my point rather well:

Note the size of the figure relative to the packaging. I think I can hear trees crying…
Check the full article for a lot more images/facts about these little guys: http://skreeonk.com/

Gforeverfan
Young Farmer

Post by Gforeverfan »

Found 2 sets of this wave at my local TRU in Michigan. I really like the translucent "Fusion Series" figures although the '68 is much darker than I thought it would be. There is glitter infused throughout. Preview photos imply the neck of the '68 can move but it is fixed. One question I have for you guys (this is my first post on here): Is this the same Gigan from Series 1? It's neck does move. Thanks! I don't know how to attach photos or I would. :mrgreen:

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

I'm pretty sure it's the same sculpt; but repainted.
Not completely sure though.
And welcome to the forums!
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I was wondering when they would come out. I need to check out their website to see if they have them there yet.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Gforeverfan wrote:Found 2 sets of this wave at my local TRU in Michigan. I really like the translucent "Fusion Series" figures although the '68 is much darker than I thought it would be. There is glitter infused throughout. Preview photos imply the neck of the '68 can move but it is fixed. One question I have for you guys (this is my first post on here): Is this the same Gigan from Series 1? It's neck does move. Thanks! I don't know how to attach photos or I would. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the heads up and welcome to the forums! I'll have to go to my own TRU today to see if they're in.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Yeah, checked my TRU here in south Austin today and nope, no Fusion figures yet. Not sure if I will actually buy any, but I'm always up for an excuse to go look at Godzilla stuff...
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

None here in Nashville, TN either. Odd indeed.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Found 'Fusion Series' at Killeen TRU : Goji looks grey, w/ translucency & sparkles, same w/ MechaG. Gigan is translucent green w/ sparkles. All 3 look like some kind of 'theatre exclusive' junk.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Manda2012 wrote:Found 'Fusion Series' at Killeen TRU : Goji looks grey, w/ translucency & sparkles, same w/ MechaG. Gigan is translucent green w/ sparkles. All 3 look like some kind of 'theatre exclusive' junk.
In Killeen??? Damnit, why aren't they here in Austin yet?
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I think you guys are a bad influence - I'm thinking about going back to Killeen tomorrow & getting Goji( '68, BTW ) & Gigan.

Gforeverfan
Young Farmer

Post by Gforeverfan »

Thanks for the warm welcome! It is kind of crazy that Michigan got them so quickly. Usually distribution seems to start in the coastal areas and move inward. For other lines Michigan always seems to get stuff weeks after everyone else. I see the Gigan is the same mold, but the paint job seems to be the same also. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Thanks!

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

A brand new TRU "super store" just opened this weekend in my area. Me and my buddy are checking it out tomorrow.

Hopefully, some fusion figures will be in stock.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Found the Tokyo Vinyl figures, no fusions though.

HOLY CRAP THEY ARE TINY!!! NOT worth the $17.99 marked price!!!

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Well, they are made of more expensive material than normal BCs.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.