Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by Zilla103192 »

Seeing these pictures (of a chinatown bootleg toy from 10 years ago...) Make me REALLY hope this Urban Vinyl line continues...

And hoping even MORE for variant colors!!

Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:Zilla, you bastard!
That's me!!! teehee!
I saw the pictures before I read, and I got all excited that they were announcing additions to the Tokyo Vinyl line already!
Can't blame me for that!!

I was actually debating on just posting the pictures and saying nothing. And just letting random speculation scatter about for a few days, before I told everyone it was a bootleg. :P

I decided not to be an ass today.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

RedZillaKing wrote:Love them or hate them, the BC figures are the best thing to happen to young Goji fans. I had Trendmastes when I was a pup and these are waaaaay more film accurate.
Related note, I donated one of the big Final Wars Godzillas to Toys for Tots last year. I've also managed to get two of my younger cousins and a friend's son into Godzilla over the years.

Has the latest BC wave started showing up yet?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Poe Ghostal wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote:Love them or hate them, the BC figures are the best thing to happen to young Goji fans. I had Trendmastes when I was a pup and these are waaaaay more film accurate.
Related note, I donated one of the big Final Wars Godzillas to Toys for Tots last year. I've also managed to get two of my younger cousins and a friend's son into Godzilla over the years.

Has the latest BC wave started showing up yet?
Should be any day now, really.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

kitik
Samurai

Post by kitik »

Found the Tokyo Vinyls at a TRU in Indianapolis (South US 31).

They're going for $17.99 in this part of the country.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

kitik wrote:Found the Tokyo Vinyls at a TRU in Indianapolis (South US 31).

They're going for $17.99 in this part of the country.

Dude no way! I'm going to that same one in a couple weeks! Nice to meet a fellow G-fan in Indiana! Im in Kokomo
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

So...who remembers that SD G54 they showed off there?

My guess is that a new wave featuring it has already been planned.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

Varan 1958
Interpol Agent

Post by Varan 1958 »

Well, I saw two of those "Tokyo Vinyl" figures at my local TRU, and they looked even less appealing to me than in the images shown of them earlier. I have no problem with toys with a style other than "movie accurate" (or what ever you would call them), in fact, I probably like those other kinds more. However, these "Tokyo Vinyl" figures just don't seem to be my cup of tea.
shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
GodzillaIsCool wrote:Should we just start spreading our own rumors that Jet Jaguar makes a comeback in this movie? And Godzilla will be stop and go motion puppet?
Or riding a bike with Minilla while singing Born To Be Wild.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Varan 1958 wrote:....these "Tokyo Vinyl" figures just don't seem to be my cup of tea.
I was tempted to buy them until I saw them first-hand. The size is a turnoff for me! Had the final product been half the size, I'd have bought them in a heartbeat. Call me crazy, but the sculpt loses any appeal when it's this big.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I liked the Godzilla, until I saw the pic of it facing forward. It looks alright from that front angle that it was always shown in, but from the front or back, it looks like someone stretched it horizontally.

I might still buy Godzilla, just to have something different. But I most likley will hold off on all of them save G54.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Has anyone tried emailing Bandai USA just to find out whatelse they have planned for the Godzilla line or why on their website there is not a single thing about Godzilla on it? You would think it would have a section to itself like Ben Ten and Power Rangers
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Post by SaiyanRider54 »

Sooooo......when the hell do the 6 inch figures come out? These "Tokyo vinyl" figures are VERY uninteresting to me...

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I think I will buy the translucent Burning Godzilla, and paint my old one up like regular Heisei G.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

NICE Mothra! I MAY have to buy another!

And the new G2K... Don't know if want the blue fin one now it has green skin...

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Brightness on my screen was a bit low.

Yeah, looks a little more black now.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

That clear blue glittering Rainbow Mothra is a real nicey! But... it's a superb pain in the ass that shipping these figures from the USA to Germany/Europe costs extraordinary ammounts of money EVERYWHERE. It equals the combined items worth... They want over $70 shipping for the April release of the 6 vinyl figures... that's insane! Damn, why's shipping from the states sooo much more expensive compared to japanese overseas shipping like SAL? I'd sooo love to get the US Bandai figures, but that shipping... it kills the deal all the time... X_X

Any possibility to get these shipped cheap from anywhere...? Anyone, possibly...?
Size DOES matter!

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

Now that I've seen more pictures of the SD G54,I'll say that I have mixed feelings about the figure.
The hands look way too big. But I like how the head looks for some reason.

I'm going to try and find the fusion Showa Gigan,Rainbow Mothra,and Burnng Godzilla when they come out. Those look awesome in my opinion.
Shadow Arena History:
Chris55 wrote:

-The donkey

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'll only be going for translucent G '95 and Tokyo Vinyl MechaG. Oh, and clear Gigan. And Rainbow Mothra.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

UltramanGoji wrote:I'll only be going for translucent G '95 and Tokyo Vinyl MechaG. Oh, and clear Gigan. And Rainbow Mothra.
They've left the translucent Buring G out of their promo shots, which is a good indication that it will not be seeing the light of day. My full write up on this line is available here: http://skreeonk.com/2012/03/13/bandai-u ... rs-update/

I'd say the new 'fusion' Leo is a vast improvement, though.
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

Awwww.
And I was looking forward to getting the fusion Burning Godzilla. :cry:
Oh well. I guess I'll go for the regular one
Shadow Arena History:
Chris55 wrote:

-The donkey