Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:38 am

Well, let me say that regardless of people giving the game a '0' for having homosexual relationships or because they didn't like the ending, I must say I'm enjoying this game. The combat is fluid and exciting, the writing is personal and emotional (if dorky at times), and there's a decent amount of customization, not a perfect game but its a pretty good one and I really enjoy it.

Biollante, we've had this discussion before. I seriously don't understand what your issue is with people enjoying something or giving it praise if they like it. Your arguments are also hardly based on fact and largely on opinion. Let people like if it they want, if they don't like it well...that's unfortunate for them, doesn't stop me from enjoying it.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
User avatar
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2799
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: The Savage Land

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Biollante » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:I seriously don't understand what your issue is with people enjoying something or giving it praise if they like it.

I dislike when people praise laziness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjlZ-Bp4 ... r_embedded
http://i.imgur.com/RsOxW.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnK7XjO13Y Skip to 1:44 so you can witness some of the worst animation on the planet. The whole video is a fine example of terrible dialogue and voice acting. (Ignore the fact that a cripple is dating a robot with a cameltoe)

http://i.imgur.com/W4yro.jpg (Ignore the last one, it's a troll. Still hilarious though. The rest are spot on)

Is it an opinion that this game has some of the worst animation for a AAA title? Is it an opinion that they used a stock photo to reveal the identity of a major character? Is it an opinion that they have sprites and jello in the background? Is it an opinion that Bioware writers essentially ripped the ending of Deus Ex because they're hacks that can't write a decent, original ending?

You know what happens in the current industry when a AAA game has poor animation, lazy writing and corner cutting?

Not paid off, right. :roll:
User avatar
Biollante
JXSDF Technician
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Just started playing this today. So far, I'm really enjoying it. Excellent visuals. Very cinematic. The only problem I have is that it wouldn't bring over my character's face from the last game. So I had to redo it. Looks almost identical, but there are some slight differences. At least all of my accomplishments and reputation carried over.
User avatar
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier
 
Posts: 4071
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:02 am

Is it an opinion that this game has some of the worst animation for a AAA title?


...Yes. Based off of what I've seen so far, the animation is damn good.

Is it an opinion that they used a stock photo to reveal the identity of a major character?


SS4G already covered this.

Is it an opinion that they have sprites and jello in the background?


I think the more important question is: Who cares? Those sprites were early on in the game, and people really were not suppose to be paying attention to them. So, I don't blame them for doing minimal work on them.

Also, that Youtube clip with the guy saying that he's uninstalling the game because of those sprites is just beyond stupid, childish and kinda elitist.

"Oh look! If I stop in this one spot that I'm really not suppose to stop at, brining the mission to a screeching hault, I can see that BioWare did what they were suppose to do, and put in people running! How dare they do such a thing! I shall now burn all record of this game from my memory!!"

... -_-

Is it an opinion that Bioware writers essentially ripped the ending of Deus Ex because they're hacks that can't write a decent, original ending?


...Yes.

Dude, based on the links that you've given us, you're really grasping at straws with this argument. Especially when you post the game score, and it's a pretty damn good score.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing
User avatar
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Biollante » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 am

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:...Yes. Based off of what I've seen so far, the animation is damn good.

Did you watch the video I posted? Shepard moves more mechanical than the robot he's talking to.

Or how about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0Rl16e ... re=related

That's a lovely running animation for a female character, right? Stevie Wonder can see how bad the animation is.

SS4G already covered this.

Nothing was covered, it's still 100% laziness for a AAA title. They couldn't even Photoshop her hand decently, it looks like a reject deviantart project.

I think the more important question is: Who cares? Those sprites were early on in the game, and people really were not suppose to be paying attention to them. So, I don't blame them for doing minimal work on them.

Oh yeah, right, who cares? Why bother putting acceptable detail in level design? It's not like people will notice something that stands out like side-stepping NES sprites running for their lives or a room full of statues in a night club. It's not like this AAA title has a budget or anything, we need to cut corners, if they notice it, they're not suppose to! It's there to not be noticed! Such a wonderful attitude to have. :roll:

Dude, based on the links that you've given us, you're really grasping at straws with this argument. Especially when you post the game score, and it's a pretty damn good score.

I know you have no idea how modern gaming journalism works, but gaming sites were blatantly paid off to give ME3 a good score. Proof? If the site has a ton of ads for it, if the review glazes over obvious flaws (Laughable animation for a AAA title, ridiculous amount of corner cutting, hamfisted voice acting)

If things actually get a 10/10 without earning a 10/10, you can bet something shady went on. This is like the equivalent of Final Wars getting a 95 on rotten tomatoes.
User avatar
Biollante
JXSDF Technician
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:00 am

Did you watch the video I posted? Shepard moves more mechanical than the robot he's talking to.


And then I've seen other bits of animation that looks great. That's why I say it looks damn good. The good cancels out the bad.

Or how about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0Rl16e ... re=related


...I don't see how that's bad. That looks fine to me.

Why bother putting acceptable detail in level design?


To a level that people won't be paying attention to? Sure! I think that's fine.

It's not like people will notice something that stands out like side-stepping NES sprites running for their lives or a room full of statues in a night club.


...Except that I played the demo several times, and just walked right past that area where it happened. And I'm willing to bet that I wasn't the only one.

99.9% of the people playing the game are just going to run right past that area and not even pay attention to those people running by. They won't ever see them!

I know you have no idea how modern gaming journalism works


Nice! When in a conversation with someone, always doubt they're intelligence on a given subject! That always makes you seem like a respectable person!

And for the record, I know about journalism, as I'm minoring in it in college at the moment. I like to think I know a thing or two about how journalism works.

but gaming sites were blatantly paid off to give ME3 a good score. Proof? If the site has a ton of ads for it, if the review glazes over obvious flaws


And how do you know this? What makes you the expert on how this kind of stuff works? How would you know that if a site has a ton of ads, that apparently the reviewers don't give a rat's ass about what they're actually getting paid to do!

And don't give me that bullshit about how they didn't point out the flaws of Mass Effect 3, because those are flaws that you think are in the game! Again, that's your opinion! That doesn't mean that someone else has to share that opinion. Hell, from what I can tell, isn't not even a very good opinion, as it seems like you haven't even played the game!

Here's a little known tip about forming an opinion on a subject like a movie or video game: An opinion is better when you've actually seen/played what your opinion is on! Seriously, go out and play Mass Effect 3 before you say shit about it!
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing
User avatar
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Biollante » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:32 am

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:...I don't see how that's bad. That looks fine to me.

...Seriously? Her legs are too far apart, she looks bow legged. Come on man.

To a level that people won't be paying attention to? Sure! I think that's fine.

People will take a glance at background characters running for their lives and it's clear that they did. Just because it's not in our face doesn't mean they can make something that laughable.

...Except that I played the demo several times, and just walked right past that area where it happened. And I'm willing to bet that I wasn't the only one.

Speaking of demo, I like how they never changed this when people took notice the first time. Full game and it's still there? Pathetic.

99.9% of the people playing the game are just going to run right past that area and not even pay attention to those people running by. They won't ever see them!

I know sometimes we forget, but Mass Effect 3 is an RPG. People enjoy exploring the levels and finding secrets, so yeah, when there's stuff happening AROUND the level, people will take the time examine it. People like to assume there's more to Mass Effect 3 than aiming your cursor at an enemy and clicking the fire button. I have level OCD so I will explore every nook and cranny, corridor or not.

And how do you know this? What makes you the expert on how this kind of stuff works?

When Duke Nukem Forever got low scores, the PR agency promoting it (publishers usually let PR companies handle this) threatened all reviewers with no future access to Gearbox titles in public.
There was obvious outcry, but some people like Ben Kutchera from Ars Technica (now working for Penny Arcade's new site) said this is common behavior but normally happens in private.

Later, Ben Kutchera claimed he did not receive a Skyrim review copy as retaliation for bashing Rage earlier. This prompted many gaming journalists from all sorts of sites to attack him on Twitter.

It is pretty obvious that this happens, if you look at Dragon Age 2, SW:TOR and Mass Effect 3 reviews, virtually none are below 8/10.
8/10 is EA's threshold, if you cross it, you get no more review copies.
Sites like Gamespot bashed DA2 on their review, and Eurogamer bashed SW:TOR on their review, but both still gave them 8/10.

Here's a little known tip about forming an opinion on a subject like a movie or video game: An opinion is better when you've actually seen/played what your opinion is on! Seriously, go out and play Mass Effect 3 before you say shit about it!

Sorry, I'm not paying to play a bad game. Furthermore, I've seen gameplay videos, cutscenes, I know what happens in the cookie cutter story and how it ends, what else is there? The gunplay? There's no point since I can just play better third person shooters like Vanquish.

You want me to pay $60 for a game with on disc DLC just so I can have awkward sex with aliens and big black guys?
User avatar
Biollante
JXSDF Technician
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:57 am

Sorry, I'm not paying to play a bad game.


See, this is why I can't take what you say seriously.

If you're going to come in here and talk mad-shit about how much you hate Mass Effect 3, calling it a terrible game and saying the reviewers are getting paid off to say good things about it, then you should have actually played the damn game!

I don't care if you're just stealing the opinions of other people who have actually played the game, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. By doing this, you come off as someone who should be ignored and forgotten.

Let's take an example, like John Carter, since I'm an aspiring film critic. I have no particular interest in seeing John Carter. Because of that, I have no right to say that it's a terrible movie, even though plenty of film reviews say that it's not very good. I haven't seen it, therefore I have no right to form an opinion on it. The only thing I can say about it is that I have no interest in seeing it.

Until you actually play Mass Effect 3, that's the same case with you. You haven't played it, therefore you have no right to say that it's a terrible game. The only thing that you can say is that you have no interest in playing Mass Effect 3.

Seriously, until you play Mass Effect 3, I'm just going to laugh off anything you have to say on the matter.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing
User avatar
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Biollante » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:13 am

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:Seriously, until you play Mass Effect 3, I'm just going to laugh off anything you have to say on the matter.

Then I'll laugh at you for paying $60 to play a game with on-disc DLC and thinking a bow legged women makes for fine animation. You can disregard everything I've said just because I haven't played a highly exposed game, you'll just look a tool.
User avatar
Biollante
JXSDF Technician
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:18 am

Biollante wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:Seriously, until you play Mass Effect 3, I'm just going to laugh off anything you have to say on the matter.

Then I'll laugh at you for paying $60 to play a game with on-disc DLC and thinking a bow legged women makes for fine animation. You can disregard everything I've said just because I haven't played a highly exposed game, you'll just look a tool.


...I haven't bought Mass Effect 3 yet. I currently don't have the time to play the game. The only reason I came here is because I'm sick and tired of you bashing on a game that you haven't even played.

That's just something you don't do. Ever.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing
User avatar
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:22 am

Biollante, is this still pent up anger due to your whole love for Alpha Protocol? I've heard some pretty negative things about that game too, some positive ones as well. However, I've yet to play it.

Just let people enjoy the game Biollante. Personally, I have no issue with it.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
User avatar
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2799
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: The Savage Land

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Proofpoochie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:50 am

Is Biollante STILL going on about this? :lol:

It's like he thinks that we care about his opinion.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Proofpoochie
User avatar
Proofpoochie
JXSDF Technician
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:31 am

Just finished Mass Effect 3 and it was mind blowing awesome! I got the ending i was happy with and i'll play it again some time soon. :mrgreen:
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing and Red vs Blue fan!

I remember the golden age of the FF Section and all the writers that used to be here.

GodzillavsJason
Bruce Campbell

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 7998
Team: The N7's
Favourite Kaiju: JEBUS KABEBUS
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: The Movies

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:44 pm

but gaming sites were blatantly paid off to give ME3 a good score. Proof? If the site has a ton of ads for it, if the review glazes over obvious flaws


Well I see the same with Transformers 3 with adds all over IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes. I think people just give it a high rating because they just like the game.
User avatar
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod
 
Posts: 17454
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Proofpoochie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:45 pm

I personally loved the game, despite my initial dissapointment with the ending.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Proofpoochie
User avatar
Proofpoochie
JXSDF Technician
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Crocodile » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Writing was mediocre
Dialogue was lacking in comparison to 1 and 2
Ending was terribad
Squad mates were severely diminished in the customization department
Ending was terribad
Lot of needless deaths
Replay value is very low, because of terribad ending
Ending was terribad

I give it a 6.5/10, because I did have some fun with it. And there are parts that I thought were well done, or cool.

On the whole though feels mediocre.

.I haven't bought Mass Effect 3 yet. I currently don't have the time to play the game. The only reason I came here is because I'm sick and tired of you bashing on a game that you haven't even played.

That's just something you don't do. Ever.


Someone's never been to /v/ or learned that GAMING IS SRS BUSINESS
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
User avatar
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:32 pm
Location: The Sadida Kingdom

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Leunames » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:02 am

Proofpoochie wrote:I personally loved the game, despite my initial dissapointment with the ending.


same here.

i wished the multiplayer had some maps on palaven or thessia, where you're put on the groundwar against the reapers. Maybe in future DLC.
Bandai 8" King Seesar w/tag
Bandai 6" Orga w/tag
Bandai GMK Theater exclusives
for sale @ skreeonk.com marketplace

Leunames
Interpol Agent

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 612
Favourite Kaiju: King Ghidorah
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:32 pm

I've enjoyed the game so far, but damn I'm afraid to finish after all the hate the ending has gotten.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
User avatar
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2799
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: The Savage Land

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:24 pm

^They sacrificed quantity to allow you to interact with them more.

I personally think The Prothean is a pretty cool squaddie. Atypical in his character and his approach to the world which makes him more fun to have around than the average character.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
User avatar
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2799
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: The Savage Land

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Hedorah » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Spoiled the ending for myself, yeah I didn't really like it. I'll still probably play this eventually though.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!


Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen
User avatar
Hedorah
Kwaidan
 
Posts: 6110
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 pm
Location: Somewhere ruining the Godzilla name

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby GodzillavsJason » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Javik would be my fourth favorite squadmember from all games so yeah he's awesome and has some good lines. Plus he's one of the only three that i use in my squad for mass effect 3 which the other two were Tali and Garrus. I still hated it how Liara still has her plot armor. I wish we can get her killed off like in the original draft.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing and Red vs Blue fan!

I remember the golden age of the FF Section and all the writers that used to be here.

GodzillavsJason
Bruce Campbell

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 7998
Team: The N7's
Favourite Kaiju: JEBUS KABEBUS
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: The Movies

PreviousNext

Return to Video Game Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Legionmaster