Official Toho-Related Game Ideas Topic 2.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Patrick Alan
Interpol Agent

Re: Official Toho-Related Game Ideas Topic 2.0

Post by Patrick Alan »

I'd like to see an all out Toho kaiju fighting game, the fighting style would be like Mortal Kombat, but instead of just Godzilla monsters, you could also play as Showa Mougera, Black Moth, Maguma, Gezora, etc.
The world would be so much nicer if people only used guns on themselves.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Re: Would A Godzilla RTS Game Work?

Post by godzilla98rules »

Well, I've got some ideas.....
Most of it is like what Gyaos said. There are two sides you can choose, the Japan Special Defense Force (J.S.D.F.) or the Aliens.
For the aliens, you can choose either the Xiliens, Kilaakians, or the Nebula Space Hunter M aliens.
Each side will have a captain to choose, like Halo Wars. I can't think of any captains for the J.S.D.F. at the moment, but the captains to choose for each of the alien teams can be the Controller of Planet X, The Kilaakian Leader, and Kubota, Head of Children's Land respectively.
After you reach a certain level, you can summon a monster to help battle. The J.S.D.F. can choose any of the Earth Defenders monsters or Mechas, and the alien teams can choose any of the alien or mutant monsters.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

JKN
Samurai

Post by JKN »

I rather a sandbox game akin to War of the Monsters, You can fight each other or just mess around, fight the puny humans and cause chaos.
-I must be like the only sane person who liked Zilla

JKN
Samurai

Post by JKN »

I'm pretty sure there is a mission in Red Alert 3 C&C where you make a giant robot cause destruction and Age of Mythology (from the makers of AOE) Had giant beasts called titans that were your weapon for giant seiges
-I must be like the only sane person who liked Zilla

TechnoForce
Monsterland Worker

Post by TechnoForce »

I like the idea of having to harvest a dead Kaiju in order to build your own. You could use Kaiju as a mobile resource. For example if you picked the Japan map you could have Godzilla roaming around randomly just causing chaos. You could either direct your forces around him and attack the enemy conventionally or attack and kill Godzilla, harvest his bones and build Kiryu or as the aliens his DNA or something. I would also like to see deployable super weapons like Command and conquer such as Oxygen destroyer or you could build the Godzilla tower as a super powerful turret as the Childrens land aliens.
Arena victories
Wins: 1
Losses: 0
Draws: 0

Watch this space

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

If you want a giant monster strategy game, you need to check out Monsterpocalypse if you haven't already. No Toho monsters sadly, but plenty of beasties inspired by classic creatures (including an awesomely gross/scary Cthulu-themed faction), and they did manage to land Voltron (and whatever the bad guy from Voltron is)! I haven't played in forever, but it's easily one of the most fun table-top/board games I've ever played. Yes, it's an evil board game, I know, but if you want kaiju strategy, it's the only game in town, and a damn good one at that. It's turn-based, instead of real time of course, but same idea otherwise.

Unfortunately it uses a Magic the Gathering/Pokemon TCG style "You'll never know what you're buying!" packaging strategy, but you can always hit up eBay if you want to avoid the randomness. Or you can check out Vassal, a free program that let's you play user created versions of Monsterpocalypse (along with like a zillion other games), with online multiplayer.
Haters gonna hate

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

I think I just want a big Showa game. Don't get me wrong, I love the Heisei and Millennium monsters, but I'd trade a lot of 'em for awesome old school Showa weirdos. I'd also love to see a Showa-oriented game work as a period piece: the game would take place in the 60s or 70s, to truly replicate the action seen in the movies. I've always thought it was kind of a bummer that the Pipeworks games never had any wilderness levels to fight in. Plenty of the movies feature brawls at the foot of (or even on) Mt. Fuji, in woodlands, or big empty fields. Tropical islands with tribal villages, a staple of the Showa movies, would be a blast to battle in as well, and the closest we ever got was Monster Island, which was awesome.
Haters gonna hate

DaveTheAnalyzer
Samurai

Post by DaveTheAnalyzer »

After watching the trailer for that Tomb Raider game that is supposed to come out sometime this decade (Whether the source material is good or bad, I get lots of story ideas through watching trailers), and I thought of the idea Godzilla Origins.

Basically, you play the monsters, learning where they came from, what motivates them, making sure they live to be the legendary titans they become. For example, my ideas for Godzilla are following him around in the beginning as a youngling, batting off threats, sticking with his mother and young brother (Spoilers: They both die horribly!). Then switch to the island he came from in the King Ghidorah movie, and his fight with the military and later battling to contain his radiation, as well as test his heat ray. This could be Godzilla '54, but I'm more thinking of the second version of whatever continuity suits him.

Anguirus will be born wrong and weak, so he's perpetually near death at the beginning. His loved ones die horribly, he learns to become stronger, and becomes the badass we Westerners all love today!

Mothra could switch between herself or the Twin Fairies are they explore Cosmos civilization and politics. You watch as the leadership drives Belvera to Battra, who destroys the civilization and everyone dies horribly as Mothra battles her dark counterpart.

Rodan, IDK. Maybe battling Megaguirus and his mate dying horribly.

King Ghidorah would be super grim, with lots of horrible dying. I don't know how he would come into existence, but maybe showing how he destroying civilizations like Venus.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

^ Jesus.

Got enough dying horribly there?

Other than that, I love that idea.

DaveTheAnalyzer
Samurai

Well, whatever loved ones these monsters had are dead by the time we meet them, so that would be obvious. Plus, exploring King Ghidorah alone would reveal lots of the horrors he has done.

Thank you. I'm replaying that Tomb Raider trailer, and my mind is filled with images of Godzilla desperately trying to survive the doomsday meteorite while failing to save his family, or on some shipwrecked shore, fixing an army injury that makes him roar into his classic roar.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

I would like to see a 3D animated turnbased Godzilla game. Where you can choose between EDF Forces using mazer-tanks, helicopters, Super X I-III, Mechagodzilla 2 and Kiryu.
Or you choose earth monsters and pick up to 8 monsters from monster island for a battle against evil earth monsters or alien monsters.

Of course there should be large areas with lots of stuff to destroy. Battles should be turn-based but combined with some pad-action. For example choose the heatray attack and do a little button-mashing for the charge and then aim while blasting out the deadly blue beam.

Monsters could be devided into 3 classes.
lower class = Gezora, Sanda, Baragon f.e.
middle class = Anguirus, Kumonga, Gigan f.e.
top class = Burning Godzilla, Biollante, Destroyer f.e.

There should be missions inspired by the films, too. Like saving the world childrens land with Godzilla and Anguirus fighting showa KG and showa Gigan.

This one would be great. :P
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

DaveTheAnalyzer
Samurai

Gailah 1966 wrote: There should be missions inspired by the films, too. Like saving the world childrens land with Godzilla and Anguirus fighting showa KG and showa Gigan.
I would be evil, and add a Godzilla Revenge-type level, where you help Ichiro escape the thieves. Of course, gamers would have him killed, but then they wouldn't be able to advance to the next level in any manner whatsoever and would be forced to allow Ichiro to live.

Meanwhile, I'd be at the computer and cackling at raging gamers

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Gailah 1966 wrote:
There should be missions inspired by the films, too. Like saving the world childrens land with Godzilla and Anguirus fighting showa KG and showa Gigan.

This one would be great. :P
While I haven't really cared for most of the fan ideas I've read on this page, this one is an excellent concept that I've always wanted to see more of in the Pipeworks games. In fact, this idea was actually carried the Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters/Godzilla: Battle Legends fighting games (Turbo Graphix 16 and SNES) with many levels from famous scenes of the films, uncluding Children's Land when Godzilla is fighting Gigan (and I think Angilas and KG can be seen battling in the background). Would love to see these kind of levels and homages/references to the films in this new game as well...

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_turbo.htm
http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_dam.htm
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Godzillabrawler wrote:
JVM wrote:Can someone come up with an idea that's NOT a free-roamer?
Yes, but then people complain that it's a fighter.
Unless you want people making Godzilla Party and Godzilla Kart.
I've been writing details for an old school side-scrolling type game in the fashion of classics such as: Final Fight, TMNT IV: Turtles in Time, and King of The Monsters 2 (Just to name a few). I'm sorry I just wanted something different than a straight fighting game (free roaming or not). There is something to be said for the old side-scrollers. They had a good stories most fo the time, and were much more fun IMHO than most Fighters in the vein of SFII.

King of The Monsters 2 (from SNK/Neo Geo) could quite possibly be one of my favorite games of all time. And I still consider the original NES Godzilla game to have the highest "fun factor" of any Godzilla game to date.-I have all the stages, Monsters, Mid-Level and End Level bosses pretty much figured out. I just need to pour over the comprehensive list on this site of Human and Alien weapons and artillery used throughout the movies.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Reaper Man
Monsterland Worker

Post by Reaper Man »

Godzillabrawler wrote:Yes, but then people complain that it's a fighter.
Unless you want people making Godzilla Party and Godzilla Kart.
Godzilla Kart! Brilliant! It could be like Mario Kart, but with destructible environments and the ability to attack other characters at will.

Light: Rodan, Mothra, Battra, Minilla, Baragon, Megaguirus

Medium: Godzilla, Anguirus, Gigan, Megalon, Titanosaurus, King Caesar, Jet Jaguar, Gorosaurus

Heavy: King Ghidorah, MechaGodzilla, Hedorah, Destoroyah, SpaceGodzilla, Orga

Racetracks on all major cities, islands and miscellaneous locations in the series.
Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I'm almost done preping the monster roster for my dream Godzilla side-scroller. My nest quesiotn is this...

There are a few monsters in the Toho films that are not really Kaiju (larger than a man, but not Gigantic) such as the Snowman from Half-Human, Meganulon, Black Moth etc... would anyone like to have these included "scaled up" in a Godzilla game, or are we ok without them?

The example of Matango comes to mind from the original Godzilla NES game. it was a cool addition, but I think my monster roster is pretty complete without them. Any feedback is appreciated however.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Black Moth FOR SURE! A huge lion with wings and a name that makes no sense? Pure awesome.

Snowman would only be worth having if you don't have Kong and/or Gargantuas.
Haters gonna hate

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Yeah, not that this is ever gonna be a real game anyway, but I decided to avoid any characters that have any connection to Kong or Frankenstein. But then again, If money was no object, I guess the rights could be purchased, its just that nobody wants to. Thanks for the feedback however, much appreciated.

scarecrow
Monarch Researcher

Post by scarecrow »

I'd posted this in a topic not to long ago but...

My friends and I thought of a online game idea.But were also hoping someone can take the idea and make it happen.(If possible.)

First off there are 4 main titles to the start screen screen.

1.Story Mode

2.International mode

3.Event mode

4.Create your own level

About Story mode:Unlike many Godzilla games this one you have to select at least one or two charaters.In the select a Kajiu screen, you'll notice there is one Showa,Heisei and Millenium charater unlocked.

About International mode:It's basically Story mode, only you can interact with the other online players.

Event mode:If someone makes an event of any kind, players can go with it.It can be anything from: A huge battle of monsters,fighting a harsh boss (There's gonna be lots of those.)ETC

Create your own level:This is were the player can take over.You can make your own landscape by using certain terrain.You can put as much enemies as you want.You can even put a boss.When you put a boss, you can change the Def,HP,MP,Strength,Speed,Intelligence etc, you make level your boss up however you like, there's no limit.

Gameplay:It's somewhat RPG only you can fight at will.Your states start off as level one.You can also have a party of characters (Computer players is oppositional ).The only way you play with friends or whoever is behind a computer playing it, just give them a friend request (If you know there username) and they will sure to join you.You can have as many Kaijus as you want cuz the game counts on who's team is better, plus there is gonna some powerful bosses.

Leveling up-you start from level one.You can only go all the way up to 100.You can go to 200 if you get a certain item.Yes there will be creatures and bosses up to that level.

Rooster:What Kaijus you think should be in a game like this.

Bosses-The bosses might have to be fan made to keep the game going.

Somebody please take this idea and create this shit.I haven't made a script yet, until I see there's a possibility for this to happen.
https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsrc= ... fid=8&_rdr

^If you like my fanfics, feel free to follow me on Facebook

Megaton17
Monarch Researcher

Post by Megaton17 »

scarecrow wrote:I'd posted this in a topic not to long ago but...

My friends and I thought of a online game idea.But were also hoping someone can take the idea and make it happen.(If possible.)

First off there are 4 main titles to the start screen screen.

1.Story Mode

2.International mode

3.Event mode

4.Create your own level

About Story mode:Unlike many Godzilla games this one you have to select at least one or two charaters.In the select a Kajiu screen, you'll notice there is one Showa,Heisei and Millenium charater unlocked.

About International mode:It's basically Story mode, only you can interact with the other online players.

Event mode:If someone makes an event of any kind, players can go with it.It can be anything from: A huge battle of monsters,fighting a harsh boss (There's gonna be lots of those.)ETC

Create your own level:This is were the player can take over.You can make your own landscape by using certain terrain.You can put as much enemies as you want.You can even put a boss.When you put a boss, you can change the Def,HP,MP,Strength,Speed,Intelligence etc, you make level your boss up however you like, there's no limit.

Gameplay:It's somewhat RPG only you can fight at will.Your states start off as level one.You can also have a party of characters (Computer players is oppositional ).The only way you play with friends or whoever is behind a computer playing it, just give them a friend request (If you know there username) and they will sure to join you.You can have as many Kaijus as you want cuz the game counts on who's team is better, plus there is gonna some powerful bosses.

Leveling up-you start from level one.You can only go all the way up to 100.You can go to 200 if you get a certain item.Yes there will be creatures and bosses up to that level.

Rooster:What Kaijus you think should be in a game like this.

Bosses-The bosses might have to be fan made to keep the game going.

Somebody please take this idea and create this shit.I haven't made a script yet, until I see there's a possibility for this to happen.

Um... it's roster, not rooster.

I love the idea of International Mode though :)