Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2004/Final Wars)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
gojira012
Interpol Agent

Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2004/Final Wars)

Post by gojira012 »

Use this topic to discussion the Godzilla from the 2004 film Godzilla: Final Wars.

Personally, you have to admit the Final wars G is the best all around one out of all of them. I mean it blends the best of all worlds.

Best build, best height(or which ever height you prefer), most unique fighting style, most power and IQ, Best movement(so far)
none of the slowness or beam dependancy of heisi, some of showa's compassion but with the right amount of heisi's anti hero,
And no he DOES NOT look like a rat.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Re: Final Wars Godzilla the best all around one

Post by GodzillaDude »

gojira012 wrote:You have to admit the Final wars G is the best all around one out of all of them. I mean it blends the best of all worlds.

Best build, best height(or which ever height you prefer), most unique fighting style, most power and IQ, Best movement(so far)
none of the slowness or beam dependancy of heisi, some of showa's compassion but with the right amount of heisi's anti hero,
And no he DOES NOT look like a rat.
A little bit in the face he does.

If he's your favorite version of Godzilla that's fine but I doubt few if anyone here will agree that FW Godzilla is the best Godzilla.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

^ Why?
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

godzilla1996
Monsterland Worker

Post by godzilla1996 »

I don't like the spines of FW Goji, but I like the fighting style, and what not.
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

gojira012 wrote:And no he DOES NOT look like a rat.
Yes....he does.

While he does blend a decent mix of size, and agility. The spines and head just ruin it for me. I can't stand them.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Tyler wrote:
GodzillaDude wrote:^ Why?
If he gets too big he loses his scope, if that makes any sense. When he's smaller (well, still a giant monster) he's feels a little more tangible. I think it helps with miniatures too.

Actually if you look at Frank Parr's Kaijuverse deviantart page he has a size chart with buildings and his own monster Ironkus(who is 200ft) on it it's actually somewhat believeable

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:
gojira012 wrote:And no he DOES NOT look like a rat.
Yes....he does.

While he does blend a decent mix of size, and agility. The spines and head just ruin it for me. I can't stand them.

Doesn't look like a rat to me.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I don't really think Godzillas power level is relevant to the "best" portrayal. As a general rule, he should just be the seen as an unpredictable destructive force. And no version fails in that regard. He shouldn't have to do over the top things to prove his strength, you should be ableyo get that impression from just looking at him.

The head looks more like a Caiman in profile, but the front it looks fine. And the spines are balanced weird though, but their shape and texture are great. Unlike the fleshy ballooned mess the Heisei Godzilla has.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The "Ratzilla" comment is clearly a reference to his face and snout. Of course he doesn't look like a rat overall. His face, especially the shape, is very reminiscent of a rat's face.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Goji wrote:The "Ratzilla" comment is clearly a reference to his face and snout. Of course he doesn't look like a rat overall. His face, especially the shape, is very reminiscent of a rat's face.
I don't see the similarities. :?
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

To each's own I suppose. He's a little goofy looking overall, regardless.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Worst Japanese Godzilla ever, except SoG.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Goji wrote:To each's own I suppose. He's a little goofy looking overall, regardless.
I think he can sometimes look gay because of the "nails" but not goofy.
Chris55 wrote:

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Gigan X3 wrote:
Goji wrote:To each's own I suppose. He's a little goofy looking overall, regardless.
LOL, that's a new one :lol:

I've always thought the actual build of the FinalGoji suit was -------- looking. When they first started talking about "smaller and more agile suits" during the production of the film, I didn't think we'd get something that was so ugly overall. Godzilla's joints, are just awkward looking.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Goji wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:

I've always thought the actual build of the FinalGoji suit was -------- looking. When they first started talking about "smaller and more agile suits" during the production of the film, I didn't think we'd get something that was so ugly overall. Godzilla's joints, are just awkward looking.
Yes I agree with the joints but I find him better looking and moving less sillier than some Heise( Too obvious suits ) or Showa suits( Too bouncy ).
Chris55 wrote:

YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Post by YawnMasta »

I thought the suit looked fine from different angles.
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 Shit
Ko'd once. On the second turn no less

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Goji wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:

Goofy!!!! GAY!!!!!

That look was straight up BADASSERY

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

Easily one of my least favorite suits. It just seems so much more lazy than every other Millennium suit. The dorsal fins look incredibly simple and Godzilla's head looks weird. I can see where they were coming from when they wanted to thin Godzilla down, but one of the things that gives Godzilla that sense of power is how massive he is. When you slim him down, he loses that presence.

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

I started this thread to help people see the positives in it but all I'm getting is the same insults and naysay they do on all other forums

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
gojira012 wrote:I started this thread to help people see the positives in it but all I'm getting is the same insults and naysay they do on all other forums
Yeah, them damn opinions. They ruin threads, dont they?
(stares in disbeleif) just go away please