The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

Ethan
G-Grasper

Re: Star Wars

Post by Ethan »

The only thing that matters to me is the movies.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Goji wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Goji wrote:You guys realize some of the Darth Maul stuff from the EU isn't canon, correct?
From I remember reading that everything in the EU is canon?
No, that's definitely not true.
Well, thats sucks.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Anyone else excited for the Darth Maul story on Clone Wars this month?
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:Anyone else excited for the Darth Maul story on Clone Wars this month?
I am so exited! :D
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Likewise I'm also excited.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

How they are gonna explain his comeback?

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

I don't think its the real Maul.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Yeah, I honestly don't care as long as the story is decent. There is so much potential, that I'm automatically pretty damn excited.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:Yeah, I honestly don't care as long as the story is decent. There is so much potential, that I'm automatically pretty damn excited.
Yeahm they can develop Maul better this time.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Tyler wrote:Ralph McQuarrie, the man who basically designed the world of Star Wars, has died.
http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/index.html
Now that is a damned shame. His art was amazing.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Tyler wrote:Ralph McQuarrie, the man who basically designed the world of Star Wars, has died.
http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/index.html
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... WaLxFIVX1s
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:What do you think of this book? http://www.amazon.it/Anticipation-Episo ... 946&sr=8-1
I've never read it myself, but it is an interesting perspective. There was so much negativity AFTER the films release, that I think most people who were old enough to remember-forgot about all the hype and anticipation that had built up before this films release. I consider myself a fairly "passive" Star wars fan, but I think the trailers for TPM were some of the first I ever watched/downloaded from the internet, and I probably watched them at least once a week from November of 1998 until the Movies release in may 1999.

As for The Clone Wars & Darth Maul, well... Tonights the night (supposedly). Although I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Savage Opress heavy episode and Maul was not introduced until the very last scene, or even until next week. I find it odd they they didn't hold back the season finale for a month or so and air it in a one hour segment in one night as they have done with previous seasons.
wataru wrote:Bringing back Darth Maul serves absolutely no purpose but to sell Darth Maul action figures and it was hype for TPM in 3D. Blah.
True, and also to show off daddy's little girls writing skills (or lack there of). You know its funny, for years Lucas denied acknowledging any EU accounts that Boba Fett survived after ROTJ. But in his old age, he's ok with others doing the exact same thing to Maul. But hey its ok I guess if its in the family.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

o.supreme wrote: As for The Clone Wars & Darth Maul, well... Tonights the night (supposedly). Although I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Savage Opress heavy episode and Maul was not introduced until the very last scene, or even until next week. I find it odd they they didn't hold back the season finale for a month or so and air it in a one hour segment in one night as they have done with previous seasons.
wataru wrote:Bringing back Darth Maul serves absolutely no purpose but to sell Darth Maul action figures and it was hype for TPM in 3D. Blah.
True, and also to show off daddy's little girls writing skills (or lack there of). You know its funny, for years Lucas denied acknowledging any EU accounts that Boba Fett survived after ROTJ. But in his old age, he's ok with others doing the exact same thing to Maul. But hey its ok I guess if its in the family.
You were right on that account, but I thought they did a decent enough job with it. Maul, as opposed to Boba, had a ton of potential that was never delivered on. I'm glad to see that they are giving him a shot to actually become a character in this movie.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

Even though I didn't like The Phantom Menace all that much, I really liked Darth Maul. As for the Clone Wars series, the latest episode with Savage finding Maul, I just can't stop watching it. The idea of having Darth Maul being driven mad by the dark side, while at the same time its been keeping him alive, I thought was kinda scary, can't wait for the season finale.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Actually Lucas wanted to bring back Fett officially in the Special Editions.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

^How so ? If you know, please elaborate.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

The One and Only wrote:^How so ? If you know, please elaborate.
I don't remember exactly where I read it, but he considered putting in a scene of him escaping the Sarlaac in 1997 but felt it distracted from everything else, or something.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

The episode was ok. Anyone else notice the Title Card in RED ooh EVIL! :roll: --Anyway, what I dont get (and seems to be a HUGE inconsistancy with force sensitivity) was that--Maul was alive for over a decade. I'm sure he had feelings of rage and hate for all that time. How come no Jedi ever "felt" it until the events of this episode? Also it seems they just took the concept drawings we had all scene of a multi-legged Cyber-Maul and just made him more extreme/grotesque. To be honest, I would have preferred a normal bi-pedal Darth Maul, but that's just me.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

wataru wrote:In SW:EU, Fett survived. And all was good and right in the universe.
Indeed. Dengar ends up finding him, nearly dead, crawling out of the Sarlac pit.

..Of course, this all got fucked up when Lucas added the CG "mouth" to the Sarlac in '97 (which isn't canon to me anyway; the Sarlac always looked like the original version in all SW media prior to '97) and (purposely) had him shown being swallowed.
Last edited by Goji on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.