Spacegodzilla vs Destoroyah

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

Re: Spacegodzilla vs Destoroyah

Postby Alucard » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 pm

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:Everyone talks about how much of a killer Destoroyah is, but Junior didn't actually die until the Destoroyah was beaten back and Godzilla came over and tried to revive him. If he's such a murderous fiend, why didn't Destoroyah actually kill Junior and instead just ignore him once he dropped him?

Because he's smarter then everybody things and wanted Junior too suffer.

Did Junior suffer? Nope. Jigsaw makes people suffer. Destoroyah gave him a quick death.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
wataru wrote:It's not huge and it's white.

LIKE YO DICK!

Alucard
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Spacegodzilla

Postby Legionmaster » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Legion1979 wrote:He did spray the area with his ray as well. What did you want, for Destroyah to land, stand over Junior until he stopped breathing and then check for a pulse?

Yes. Otherwise he's just an animal killing another animal who hurt him earlier, not some scheming bastard murderer.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Team: Plasbad

Postby Legionmaster » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Legion1979 wrote:Can I be as cool as you?

My answer is a resounding "no."

Except for Space Godzilla apparently, who is just the coolest of the coolest, who has a huge brain and is a thinking, cunning fighter, despite the fact that's he's so fat he can practically do shit and didn't bother to kill Little Godzilla when he could have easily done it. All hail Space Godzilla!

I'm not sure what being fat has to do with brainpower. It's not like Dessy is skinny either.

And of course SG can't kill Little Godzilla, he's cute. Junior is a fo' reelz monster now, so it's ok if he dies. Plus, he un-dies later, so it's ok.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Postby Inferno Rodan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Legion1979 wrote:If he could, why didn't he? It just makes him look like a big, fat bully.

Congrats. You've grasped the entire point of the scene. SG is an asshole. He toys with weak opponents. He was basically shooting around Little Godzilla's feet and yelling "DANCE!"

Destroyah, meanwhile, killed Junior without a second thought. Destroyah's bloodthirst easily makes him a far more dangerous opponent.

SG doesn't mess around with opponents that can actually put up a fight, either. He actually has a personality, whereas Destoroyah just tries to smash stuff.

Space Godzilla meanwhile, didn't do anything more to his living opponents than trap Little Godzilla in crystals for shits and giggles and knock Godzilla around a little.

And to this I again say that you must think nearly every monster Godzilla ever fought is useless since all they ever did was knock Godzilla around a little.
The Arena: Universal Clash

The newest and greatest create-a-kaiju RPG! Join in the fun!
Inferno Rodan
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Legionmaster » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Legion1979 wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:And of course SG can't kill Little Godzilla, he's cute. Junior is a fo' reelz monster now, so it's ok if he dies. Plus, he un-dies later, so it's ok.

Ah, so Space Godzilla has a heart. That's a pretty big failing for a lethal fighter. It's a weakness Destroyah can exploit for his own advantage. All he needs to do is distract SG with Hello Kitty dolls and he can kill the fat bastard with attacks that actually manage to do more than knock other monsters down.

Now that right there is just silly-talk.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Legionmaster wrote:Everyone talks about how much of a killer Destoroyah is, but Junior didn't actually die until the Destoroyah was beaten back and Godzilla came over and tried to revive him. If he's such a murderous fiend, why didn't Destoroyah actually kill Junior and instead just ignore him once he dropped him?

Maybe because Jr's bigger stronger father had arrived at that point and Destroyer had to switch opponents.

Another question what era of life was Jr in?
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Inferno Rodan wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:If he could, why didn't he? It just makes him look like a big, fat bully.

Congrats. You've grasped the entire point of the scene. SG is an asshole. He toys with weak opponents. He was basically shooting around Little Godzilla's feet and yelling "DANCE!"

Umm, I gotta be honest here, that scene with Spacegodzilla, and the way he treats his foes, makes me associate him as a kaiju gangster to me. Meanwhile, Destoroyah and his various scenes cause me to associate him as a kaiju serial killer. Now, while both are evil and sadistic in different ways, Destoroyah's seems more efficient in actual combat.
Legionmaster wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:And Northern Appalachian "rednecks" are scarier than anything we have down here.

Like MonsterMaster! :P

Kaiju-King42
The Mighty Lambish

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Destoroyah

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Good God, I can't believe this topic is actually 11 pages long :roll:

12 now.

Yes god forbid we actually have an interesting debate instead of the same old "I think King Ghidorah is cool how about?"

Yes, 12 (now 13) pages of fan boys flaming each other over which 2 fat ass, overweight, immobile heisei kaiju (two which aren't all that popular in the grand scheme of things) is stronger is *SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO* enthralling and intriguing....zzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzz. Jobs/hobbies/girlfriends anyone?

Sorry, but I am one of those dull fans who would prefer to talk about the "films"....oh wait, that might make you feel "bored".

Keep this crap over in the fantasy battles thread dungeon where it belongs.

Yes cause Kiryu suffering a blue screen of death every time he trips makes him a far more frightening monster to face then a Godzilla clone with his own personal endless supply of nuclear reactors to feed on or a living incarnation of the only weapon to have successively kill Godzilla.

The words "frightening" and "Space Godzilla" should never be used in the same sentence. Secondly, you're reaching...Kiryu might have been lame (hated those films), but Showa and Heisei MG were *easily* more difficult opponents for Godzilla than both Space Godzilla and Destroyer. Sames goes for Showa KG and GFW KG. This might sting some fantasy battle nerds on here who love the "lasers out of every orifice" heisei/Ultraman kaiju, but it's oh so true.

Now excuse me, I think I have to go start a "Giant Condor vs Giant Octopus" thread.... :xilien:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)
ebirahsmeg1
Interpol Agent

Favourite Kaiju: Gorosaurus

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:33 pm

^ ... Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
Legionmaster wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:And Northern Appalachian "rednecks" are scarier than anything we have down here.

Kaiju-King42
The Mighty Lambish

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Kaiju-King42 wrote:^ ... Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Not at all....in a fantastic mood actually....I don't have to be in a bad mood to see how utterly stupid this thread is...

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)
ebirahsmeg1
Interpol Agent

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:41 pm

TK's latest troll I presume..
Godzillatheultimate wrote:I LIKE to randomly CAPITALIZE words in my SENTENCES.

PopInPicsPresents
Stop Motion Guru

Geiger Counter

Team: A. Sousa Productions
Favourite Kaiju: Zetton

Postby HayesAJones » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:48 pm

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:....I don't have to be in a bad mood to see how utterly stupid this thread is...

Uh, then how 'bout don't come here? I've never gotten why some people feel the need to go into the thread for something they don't like and raise hell about it. Is ignoring something REALLY so difficult?

On topic, I'm not sure if I would call Destoroyah 'sadistic'. I think he just like violence. A lot, in fact. I say he saw Junior and thought to himself, 'Hey! There's that little shit who blasted me. Imma go kill him." I think SpaceGodzilla could be sadistic though. He just had that very wicked vibe going for him. So SpaceGodzilla is the asshole who would break your fingers one by one and sprinkle salt in the wounds, while Destoroyah would tear off the whole arm and beat you with it.

Again, I think Dessy's raw savagery and endurance would beat down SpaceGodzilla.
ImageImageImage Image
Avid G-fan, MSTie & brony, as well as animated & monster movie buff and resident Sneasel maniac.
Check out TITAN WORLD: http://hayesajones.deviantart.com/gallery/43527328, my in-progress kaiju story!
HayesAJones
The Sharp Claw Member

Team: Team Sneasel
Favourite Kaiju: Anguirus

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Yes, 12 (now 13) pages of fan boys flaming each other over which 2 fat ass, overweight, immobile heisei kaiju (two which aren't all that popular in the grand scheme of things) is *SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO* enthralling and intriguing....zzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzz. Jobs/hobbies/girlfriends anyone?

No one's disagreeing beam fights are skreeonking boring, if you'd bother to even read some past posts you'd see a lot of fans wish the suits were slimmer so we could have some decent T&C action instead of constant beam spamming fat asses. Not to mention power does not always equal exciting, sometimes a match between two weak ass monsters is more fun and engaging then a fight between two powerhouses.

The words "frightening" and "Space Godzilla" should never be used in the same sentence.

Gee one can fight all day and night and has it's own supply of energy and Kiryu just clunks out from tripping. Now I ask you, which would be a bigger pain in the ass to kill?

Secondly, you're reaching...Kiryu might have been lame (hated those films), but Showa and Heisei MG were *easily* more difficult opponents for Godzilla than both Space Godzilla and Destroyer. Sames goes for Showa KG and GFW KG. This might sting some fantasy battle nerds on here who love the "lasers out of every orifice" heisei/Ultraman kaiju, but it's oh so true.

Most Showa monsters would be skreeonked if they fought the Heisei tanks.

Oh and don't use the "you're a Heisei fanboy" BS cause guess what? My favorite monster is SHOWA KING GHIDORAH and even I'm not blind or stupid enough to think he has any chance against Destrosayh or Spacegodzilla. Scaled or not.

So I suggest you take your fanboy comments and shove em up your own ass because the only fanboy in here is you the same guy who threw a shit fit because others didn't share your opinions on GFW. :lol:

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:16 pm

^His opinions on Final Wars? Now I'm interested!

Anyway, what I don't understand is that if he wants to talk about the films themselves and not fantasy matches, why would he waste his time to come in here to groan and moan about how stupid fantasy matches are? Not only is he wasting his own time needlessly, but he accuses the rest of use for wasting our time in the fantasy matches! That logic makes no sense at all.

Besides, FMs aren't totally worthless. There's a good chance you can learn something new when you read one, not to mention that you can also use your own personal knowledge and perception of the movies and kaiju to have a debate. The debate may or may not develop into a war of text walls, but that's another story.
Legionmaster wrote:

Kaiju-King42
The Mighty Lambish

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:26 pm

PopInPicsPresents wrote:TK's latest troll I presume..

Hardly...there are plenty of those in this particular thread already....

Living Corpse wrote:No one's disagreeing beam fights are skreeonk boring, if you'd bother to even read some past posts you'd see a lot of fans w....zzzzzzz............zzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzz

*Yawn*

Nearly 8000 posts since 2010....no wonder you're so touchy. Get away from the computer and go outside and see the sun every once in awhile.

So I suggest you take your fanboy comments and shove em up your own ass because the only fanboy in here is you the same guy who threw a shit fit because others didn't share your opinions on GFW.

Aw...does someone need a hug? Or did someone steal your SH MA figure?

You're grossly exaggerating to win your self points in an argument that has no point to begin with....if my views on GFW were "throwing a fit" in your eyes, then your little hissy fit on here over SGvsD should be categorized as "raging woman on the rag with her hand on the nuclear button."

Anyways....

....everyone, please continue to have fun in this "deep" discussion (which will probably be up to 20 pages before the end of the day, since it's so engrossing) that I'm just not cool or clever enough to "get". If anyone wants to join me in the Giant Condor vs Giant Octopus thread later on, I'll be waiting. :P Ta ta for now...

ebirahsmeg1
Interpol Agent

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Godzilla 2000 wrote:EDIT: Seriously LC? Not helping. =/

Oh look who's talking. You sure as hell didn't stop and think about that when making fun of one our members here when he was upset over finding out his friend was raped. Oh sure when you make fun of a rape that has hurt personally hurt one our members loved ones that A-OK for you to do but god forbid I tell an obnoxious fanboy to shove his ego up his own ass.

Tell me would you do that in person? Would you make fun of a families suffering over something like rape in person right in the victim's families faces? Would you? Of course you wouldn't so why would you do it on the internet? Simple, you know you can get away with it online because they can't do anything about it. You are nothing but a coward and who who doesn't have the balls to be a bully anywhere online because you know if you did that in person you'd end up in a wheel chair. This is why your old friend doesn't want to your friend anymore and calls you an asshole because you do stupid shit like this.

You bitch about other members saying or doing stupid shit because they don't stop and think. Well it's time to practice what you preach because making fun of a rape that happened to a close friend of one our members is by far the dumbest thing I have seen anyone on here do. Next time you decide to post something you stop and think to yourself "hm, would I say something like this in person?" and learn to be a decent human being and show some respect to your follow men instead of taking their suffering and shoving it in their face and laughing like some school yard bully who is only happy when others are more miserable then his sorry ass.

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby TokyoVigilante » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Everyone drop it. Any continuation of this foolishness will result in warnings and thread locking.

Back on topic.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury
TokyoVigilante
EDF Soldier

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:46 pm

No I'm sick of asshats like Frank treating everyone else like shit and getting away Scott free. If it was a n00b who made those same comments his ass would have been banned with a few day but Frank just walks off Scott free everytime simply because he's a senior member

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby TokyoVigilante » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:47 pm

I wasn't kidding, bro.

Consider thread locked.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury
TokyoVigilante
EDF Soldier

Previous

Return to Heisei Series (80's-98)