Military Speculation (nationality, battles, masers, Super-X)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures Godzilla franchise.

Re: Nuke him

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:51 am

Living Corpse wrote:Standing right in the heart of it and he's dead, vaporized.

Who says? Like I said before he is a fictional character, and toho has had him survive some other stupid shit :P
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.
Berzerkgodzilla
Futurian

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:19 am

And promptly get criticized for it.

Surviving a black hole? Seriously?

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby CookieMonster » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:12 am

Living Corpse wrote:And promptly get criticized for it.

Surviving a black hole? Seriously?

Lol! I've always wondered about black holes, in reality no one knows what's on the other side, when we go through, do we come out alive or dead? I guess no one will know until someone goes through one, but then again, us being on the other side would never know what happened to that person.
But if I remember right, Godzilla just more or less escaped ever entering the black hole?
CookieMonster
Samurai

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 am

Yeah I know right, and let's not forget the Absolute Zero but that can be explained with the ocean spreading the effect and making it less concentrated. :lol:

There's still some confusion on that. I've heard theories that because it's a pseudo black hole and not a true one it doesn't act 100% like one. I've heard theories it pushed him in the ground (black holes have ungodly mass for their size) because it's gravity wasn't strong enough to actually suck him up and crush him and I've even heard one where it just sends him a short time in the future.

Truth be told I'm still confused as to what happened. It's not as bad as the sloppy explanation of the time travel in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah but still...

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Godzillaprime05 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 am

He also used his breath weapon when the AZC fired, heating it up further. Water also has a high specific heat, so it is highly resistant to temp changes.
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

Godzillaprime05
Yin-Yang Master

Postby CookieMonster » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:40 am

Living Corpse wrote:Yeah I know right, and let's not forget the Absolute Zero but that can be explained with the ocean spreading the effect and making it less concentrated. :lol:

There's still some confusion on that. I've heard theories that because it's a pseudo black hole and not a true one it doesn't act 100% like one. I've heard theories it pushed him in the ground (black holes have ungodly mass for their size) because it's gravity wasn't strong enough to actually suck him up and crush him and I've even heard one where it just sends him a short time in the future.

Truth be told I'm still confused as to what happened. It's not as bad as the sloppy explanation of the time travel in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah but still...

Lol! Sometimes.. man.. Godzilla just... sometimes man... lol, Just blows my mind.
I know the plots are highly ludicrous anyway (We're talking about a giant dinosaur who is impervious to weapons for the most part), and what with all you stated above, all the confusion, one probably couldn't have an explanation for everything in the movies anyway, but I cant help but wonder if Toho was an American/English speaking company would a lot of this be explained better? For starters, things wouldn't get lost in translation, and people could more readily ask questions. But then again plenty of American movies have gaping plot holes and misunderstandings that have never even been attempted to be explained by their makers, who speak the exact same language as us.
But I mean someone (at Toho, scriptwriters, directors, creative directors, etc.) has to have some kind of canonical explanation for how Godzilla survived the Black Hole (other than just to look cool), an exact timeline for Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah, the Absolute Zero Cannon, etc., Right?
CookieMonster
Samurai

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:46 am

Nah it's Toho. Just throw them cash and they'll be like "okay, we'll make a cool movie but don't expect us to hold you're hands and explain everything". :lol:

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Crocodile » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Godzillaprime05 wrote:He also used his breath weapon when the AZC fired, heating it up further. Water also has a high specific heat, so it is highly resistant to temp changes.

My brian is so full of WHAT right now.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Crocodile wrote:
Godzillaprime05 wrote:He also used his breath weapon when the AZC fired, heating it up further. Water also has a high specific heat, so it is highly resistant to temp changes.

My brian is so full of WHAT right now.

When Kiryu grabbed Godzilla by the mouth so he couldn't shoot his death ray. It was still charging when they crashed in the bay and the AZC went off.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Godzillaprime05 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:08 pm

I thought he got it off because to use the AZC kiryu would have let go so his arms wouldn't be in the way which is when the ray would've been fired.
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

Godzillaprime05
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Tyler » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:13 pm

I thought he was only pushed underground by the black hole gun.
One more week 'til Halloween,
Halloween, Halloween.
One more week 'til Halloween,
Silver Shamrock

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby MandaSaurus » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:04 pm

They nuked the 'Cloverfield' monster...................

'Hammer Down', anyone???

MandaSaurus
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Manda2012 wrote:They nuked the 'Cloverfield' monster...................

'Hammer Down', anyone???

That was carpet bombing. Carpet bombing NYC is a lot smarter than nuking it.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return.

Like Toho Kingdom on Facebook!

Join the Facebook Toho Kingdom group!
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Postby GodzillaIsCool » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:21 pm

I thought the end of Cloverfield was that they nuked him off camera? No?
GodzillaIsCool
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Crocodile » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:56 pm

GodzillaIsCool wrote:I thought the end of Cloverfield was that they nuked him off camera? No?

If they nuked something that close to the camera

The Camera is vaporized and there is no movie

It was probably a MOAB
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Like SSG4 said, carpet bomb.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby GodzillaIsCool » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:54 pm

Oh ya. The camera would of been smoked. Touche my friend.
GodzillaIsCool
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Breakdown » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Plus the gamma radiation would destroy the film if the sheer incindiary properties of the bomb dont.
Vatarian wrote:When the movie comes out on DVD,I'm going to frame a screenshot of his death-grimace and mount it on my wall next to the vial of tears I collected from a thousand angry Broni Friendzonis ranting about how Prime's an amoral psychopath and Bay violated their childhood like some sort of ancient Babylonian sex-demon.

Twinkle twinkle little star; how I wonder what you are...

Breakdown
Enhanced Slasher

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Stunticons
Favourite Kaiju: Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Godzilla, King Seesar

Postby Godzillaprime05 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Ford should change their slogan to "built Godzilla tough: survives black holes, absolute zero, enormous flaming rocks falling on directly on skull, and God knows whatelse"

Godzillaprime05
Yin-Yang Master

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Truth be told I'm still confused as to what happened. It's not as bad as the sloppy explanation of the time travel in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah but still...

You mean the stickied one in the Heisei forum? Doesn't seem sloppy to me.
Gender-questioning Netflix addict who has spent way too much money collecting these damned movies.

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES
omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:40 pm

omgitsgodzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Truth be told I'm still confused as to what happened. It's not as bad as the sloppy explanation of the time travel in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah but still...

You mean the stickied one in the Heisei forum? Doesn't seem sloppy to me.

The fact we even have that topic made to explain to kids what happened and how Biollante still happened is proof that the writing for the movie is sloppy. :P

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Legendary Series (2014-Current)