Monster Discussion: Godzilla 2007 (Always 2)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
gojira012
Interpol Agent

Monster Discussion: Godzilla 2007 (Always 2)

Post by gojira012 »

I like it, I can't help but wonder what it would look like in a fight with Peter Jackson's Kong(you know supersized)

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Re: Always 2 Godzilla

Post by g2kmaster »

It wasn't that bad. It was good. And I just love it in general. Gave us something interesting to see accouple of times in this draught of Goji films.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I'm a big fan of the design, actually. And seeing Godzilla in a period setting is certainly something special.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I can't honestly say I like the design at all. Particularly the head. I wouldn't expect one small cameo in a non-Godzilla film to have much effort put into the CGI... but the CGI was still horrid for that one little scene.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I thought the CG was perfectly fine.

I also liked how Godzilla's breath was just a forceless blast of glowing heat. Very nice throw-back.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

TokyoVigilante wrote:I thought the CG was perfectly fine.

I also liked how Godzilla's breath was just a forceless blast of glowing heat. Very nice throw-back.
It looks like something out of a SciFi channel original to me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

TokyoVigilante wrote:I thought the CG was perfectly fine.

Yeah, some of that CGI was kinda lame. Still an entertaining cameo for a film.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

His fins do look like they have been cut down.

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Actually that action figure doesn't look too much like the Godzilla in the movie

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
Tyler wrote:I like him. It was a nice design that fit well into that scene. The GMK design must be somewhat popular.

http://roberthood.net/blog/wp-content/u ... lla-01.jpg
Good lord that thing is fugly. I wasn't terribly fond of the design to begin with, but at that angle it looks utterly horrendous. The head just looks stupid, and the plates are nearly nonexistent. The ridiculous clown feet don't help, either.
That's not the design used in the movie, but rather sculptor Syunsuke Niwa's interpretation of the GMK Godzilla that was sold as a garage kit. ALWAYS 2 director Takashi Yamazaki bought the model at Wonderfest, scanned it in the computer to get the body shape and skin texture, and then redesigned the face and back plates. On SciFi Japan we did an article explaining how and why Godzilla ended up in ALWAYS 2 that includes a pic of the the garage kit as well as the final model of the "Third Street Godzilla" and screenshots from the film. It's easy to see the garage kit design is not what appears in the movie.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2008 ... rd-street/

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

Hellspawn28 wrote:The CGI was pretty bad if you ask me. Hulk 03 which was release a few years before had better CGI then this movie.
And guess which movie had a much larger budget. No, I mean it: guess!

Always Godzilla looks pretty nice, in my opinion. Best design since the Heisei look, at least.
Godzilla says I should learn to fight my own battles!

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Tyler wrote:I like him. It was a nice design that fit well into that scene. The GMK design must be somewhat popular.

Nice but he's a little too chubby and his eyes look more GMK and his spines are indeed smaller they need to work on that over all nice work! :D

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Head's too small there. Looked better in the movie though :)
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

godzilla1996
Monsterland Worker

Post by godzilla1996 »

The design has some flaws, but the cameo was nice.
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Hellspawn28 wrote:The CGI was pretty bad if you ask me. Hulk 03 which was release a few years before had better CGI then this movie.
Yeah, because it was a big budget, American film made in Hollywood. Of course it looked better dude..

As for the design, it's wretched. The spines bother me the most out of everything..and his head is fugly. The whole design (as seen on screen) is just ugly in general.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Compared to Zilla an the high budget Hollywood gave him i thought this Godzilla looked Fantastic to be honest. Considering the Japanese don't have the technology or the budgets to what we do, i thought it came out rather well. I thought the toy looked terrible, but the touch-ups they gave it for the film were rather pleasant.

Godzilla has had worse design's in my opinion.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

I actually like the design! Enlarge the head and spines alittle and I'd be happy with this as our New Godzilla!
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Best Godzilla scene since 2001.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Lionblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Lionblaze »

I like it, seems fine to me :D I do have a problem about the super short snout though,but I can get used to it :D
Shadow Area Record
Wins: 17. Losses: 14.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

I thought he looked pretty cool in Always 2. I liked the look and atmosphere of the scene.