Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Post by Hedorah »

Living Corpse wrote:It doesn't help that they are both blond and now that she's an adult Sherry looks just like her.
But Sherry isn't afraid to jump without having to be caught
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Chris55 wrote:
Goji wrote:Pfffft. Well count me in as an "idiot" too.

I love the Biohazard series, and while RE5 was a big disappointment, I'm not going to pass on this game because the last wasn't all that stellar.
Did you play the DLC "Lost in Nightmares"? That was pretty sweet. Very much like RE1
I did actually! It was just over too soon. :(
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Proofpoochie
G-Force Personnel

Post by Proofpoochie »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Resident Evil sucks now.

Give me back the horror gameplay.
THIS! :D

I heard the people at Capcom were trying to make this a horror experience. Judging by the trailer, I guess they talked to the makers of Troll 2 to find out what "horror" was.

Proofpoochie
G-Force Personnel

Post by Proofpoochie »

NSZ wrote:
Proofpoochie wrote:
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Resident Evil sucks now.

Give me back the horror gameplay.
THIS! :D

I heard the people at Capcom were trying to make this a horror experience. Judging by the trailer, I guess they talked to the makers of Troll 2 to find out what "horror" was.
You realize it's probably gonna be split right?

Leon gets horror, Chris gets action, and the new guy probably gets the QTEs.
"Leon gets horror"? Did you even watch the trailer with Leon sliding around all over place and explosions everywhere? If that's what "horror" is supposed to be than I'm confused.

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

It's very hard to do horror when the player has no sense of tension for the game he/she is playing. That's why many people don't take RE4 seriously as a horror game due to abundance of ammo and more open spaced level design. I suppose some could argue that the latter (and aged tank controls) artificially creates horror, but nevertheless I find it far more scary to rush through a tight hallway of zombies with just a knife vs. sitting in a locked room and aiming my fully loaded pistol at the only entrance for "zombies" to climb into.

But to be fair, the RE4 Chainsaw guy was pretty scary.

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

Living Corpse wrote:And like I said earlier you can still balance horror and action.
You can, but it's hard to make a good balance. I can't honestly say that RE4 was a good horror game, but it was a great action game. You just can't have a good horror game when there's no sense of fear and you can't (in most cases) have a good action game when there's tight level design and lack of combat options. This is why I find horror has become more of an atmospheric genre and less about gameplay.
Last edited by Biollante on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proofpoochie
G-Force Personnel

Post by Proofpoochie »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
Biollante wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:And like I said earlier you can still balance horror and action.
You can, but it's hard to make a good balance. I can't honestly say that RE4 was a good horror game, but it was a great action game. You just can't have a good horror game when there's no sense of fear and you can't (in most cases) have a good action game when there's tight level design and lack of combat options.
RE4 was better horror game than 5, though. That's for sure.
Neither game was actually scary, though.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Shit, you wanna talk scary?

Play RE3 on "Hard", where your constantly running from Nemesis due to lack of ammo. Every time you hear the music announcing his presence, you start worrying when and where he'll pop out next.

Or the original RE, where ammo is hard to come by, and your constantly forced to traverse claustrophobic hallways with a ton of zombies in your path (and like Biollante mentioned), with nothing more than a knife in hand.

Now THAT's Biohazard! I want to see another game that's actually "survival horror", like the first 4 games (I consider Code Veronica to be the "real" RE3). The balance of "action" and "horror" in RE4 was just about perfect. Like others have said, the developers of RE5 really dropped the ball with that game (Seriously, I think I face palmed when Chris and Sheva jumped in unison in sloooow motion at one point in the game. You all know what I'm talking about). Hopefully 6 will do what RE4 did, but even better. One can hope..
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Proofpoochie
G-Force Personnel

Post by Proofpoochie »

Goji wrote:Shit, you wanna talk scary?

Play RE3 on "Hard", where your constantly running from Nemesis due to lack of ammo. Every time you hear the music announcing his presence, you start worrying when and where he'll pop out next.

Or the original RE, where ammo is hard to come by, and your constantly forced to traverse claustrophobic hallways with a ton of zombies in your path (and like Biollante mentioned), with nothing more than a knife in hand.

Now THAT's Biohazard! I want to see another game that's actually "survival horror", like the first 4 games (I consider Code Veronica to be the "real" RE3). The balance of "action" and "horror" in RE4 was just about perfect. Like others have said, the developers of RE5 really dropped the ball with that game (Seriously, I think I face palmed when Chris and Sheva jumped in unison in sloooow motion at one point in the game. You all know what I'm talking about). Hopefully 6 will do what RE4 did, but even better. One can hope..
RE was already dead to me by the time RE5 came out, so I enjoyed RE5 for being a fun action game. I enjoyed RE4 too, but not as an RE game.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Yahoo, This doesn't look like RE but it still looks great fun!
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

Pre-ordered Resident Evil Revelations today, paid it all off too. Now comes the waiting game
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

I enjoyed 4. I was scared when I played it (granted, I was in the 7th grade and NEVER played a horror game in my life), but the "OHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHI WHAT MADE THAT NOISE WHY IS THAT BAG MOVING WHY IS THAT PITCHFORK THERE WOLVERINE U R A X MAN NOT A ZOMBIE" and "OHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHI I'M OUTTA AMMO HOW DO I KILL IT" applied to me fully. I still play through it about once a year, and I still enjoy it, and I get a spook every once in a while.

Revelations... Why should I buy it?

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

GreenAiden555 wrote:I enjoyed 4. I was scared when I played it (granted, I was in the 7th grade and NEVER played a horror game in my life), but the "OHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHI WHAT MADE THAT NOISE WHY IS THAT BAG MOVING WHY IS THAT PITCHFORK THERE WOLVERINE U R A X MAN NOT A ZOMBIE" and "OHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHI I'M OUTTA AMMO HOW DO I KILL IT" applied to me fully. I still play through it about once a year, and I still enjoy it, and I get a spook every once in a while.

Revelations... Why should I buy it?
If you like Classic style RE games (RE-RE:CV) then it's like those.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

I'm really liking Revelations so far, I'm onto Episode 3 already. Really awesome game.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Part of me wants to start it but part of me wants to wait till I'm leaving for my vacation so I have something to play on the plane ride(s)

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

gvamp wrote:Part of me wants to start it but part of me wants to wait till I'm leaving for my vacation so I have something to play on the plane ride(s)

part of me wants to buy it, because I had the same feeling about Skyward Sword as I am this one (will it REALLY be THAT good?), and the other part of me is saying its wasted money because it will be too short.

But I bought The Mercs, so what do I know.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

If you're on the west coast get to your local best buy and buy it they have it on sale for $10 cheaper than every where else or go to your local wal-mart if they're 24/7 and have them price match it.

PC Specs

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

I did. While it is not up to par with any of the other Resident Evil spin off games (terrible design choices, horrid partner AI) but for to me it can be somewhat decent and be fun for a little while and I did like having to play as 12 characters and for those of you who own a X-Box 360 there is a exclusive mode called Nemesis mode which lets you play as Nemesis himself
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

Shazam14 wrote:Resident Evil 6 new trailer. http://youtu.be/2W_R-MjozTI
Alright so it's looking like Ada is the big bad so far? And oh shit that mercenary is Weskers son!? And Leon VS. Chris HELL YEAH!
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

bananaoil
G-Force Personnel

Post by bananaoil »

At least this game isn't another case of "OKAY, WE'RE SET BEFORE RE4, BUT AFTER METROID PRIME 6, AND BARRY BURTON IS NOW A ZULU WARRIOR AND THIS GAME IS ACTUALLY A PREQUEL TRANSPIRING ONE DAY BEFORE RESIDENT EVIL O"
Daikaiju is better with rainbows!!!