Gamera 3D and 50th Anniversary

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS’, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.

Gamera 3D and 50th Anniversary

Postby MechaGamera » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:21 am

So I found this tit bit on Wikipedia, So reliability is as usual suspect at best. "A short 3D film will be released on April 2012 by Yoshimitsu Banno's Advanced Audiovisual Productions, with the backing of Kadokawa Pictures. The plot is similar to Godzilla vs. Hedorah, with a similar emphasis on children like Gamera the Brave." Just wondering if anyone had any further info. Haven't heared anything on this 3D movie in quite a while So an April release would be out of the blue.

Also anyone add anything to this rumor? "It is rumored that a script is being planned for Gamera's 50th anniversary in 2015. The plot is to be similar to Godzilla Final Wars, having every Gamera monster that ever appeared."
MechaGamera
Samurai

Re: Gamera 3D and 50th Anniversary

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:59 am

I heard about the 3D Gamera film too. It would be interesting to see what Banno brings to the table. At leat he can get away with making Gamera fly. :D

As for this "Gamera Final Wars", yeah that just reeks of fan rumor. I don't belive it.
Legionmaster wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:And Northern Appalachian "rednecks" are scarier than anything we have down here.

Like MonsterMaster! :P

Kaiju-King42
The Mighty Lambish

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Destoroyah

Postby Greyshot151 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:18 am

Kaiju-King42 wrote:I heard about the 3D Gamera film too. It would be interesting to see what Banno brings to the table. At leat he can get away with making Gamera fly. :D

As for this "Gamera Final Wars", yeah that just reeks of fan rumor. I don't belive it.

I must concur. The last Gamera film did not do that well. If I were to guess, I would say they COULD do a film for the 50th. IF Gamera 3D were to do well, and I say well like really good box office gross, then I could see a 50th film. If Gamera 3D fails horribly like Brave, well it could be the final nail in the coffin for Gamera mayber for about 10 to 20 years.
The Official 2013 KWC Awards have ENDED! ! Go to - http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17019 TO CHECK OUT THE RESULTS! So....DO IT NOW!!!
Greyshot151
Petty Officer

Postby MechaGamera » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:20 am

This is the website I remember seeing quite some time ago. With proposed story outline and monsters.

http://www.aap-inc.jp/plan01.html
MechaGamera
Samurai

Postby kpa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:02 am

MechaGamera wrote:So I found this tit bit on Wikipedia, So reliability is as usual suspect at best. "A short 3D film will be released on April 2012 by Yoshimitsu Banno's Advanced Audiovisual Productions, with the backing of Kadokawa Pictures. The plot is similar to Godzilla vs. Hedorah, with a similar emphasis on children like Gamera the Brave." Just wondering if anyone had any further info. Haven't heared anything on this 3D movie in quite a while So an April release would be out of the blue.

Advanced Audiovisual Productions' 3D Godzilla film was planned for years with several different release dates/years announced. I haven't heard anything about work even starting on GAMERA 3D, so I think that project is just repeating the same pattern.

Also anyone add anything to this rumor? "It is rumored that a script is being planned for Gamera's 50th anniversary in 2015. The plot is to be similar to Godzilla Final Wars, having every Gamera monster that ever appeared."

I wouldn't be surprised if Kadokawa does something for Gamera's 50th anniversary, but that could be anything from a movie to a festival, TV special, home video set, toys, etc. Japanese studios tend to make movies quickly by US standards, and the Godzilla and Gamera movies were each produced in less than a year so they don't start writing scripts 2-3-4 years in advance. That's a good indicator that a rumor is just a rumor.
kpa
G-Grasper

Postby gvamp » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:10 am

A couple of things MechaGamera this is in the wrong section; Gamera isn't actually owned by Toho so it should go in the Media Section. Then again Arbok allows us to discuss the Heisei Gamera trilogy here since they where distrubuted by Toho.

Second if there was a short 3D Gamera flick coming out in about four months don't you think we'd have heard/seen stuff on it by now? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything I'm just saying.

You can chalk this up for the false rumor side of things.
optimum in mundi
Click this for me: http://rewardgalaxy.com/?ref=637260

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby MechaGamera » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 am

I put it here because The Gamera trilogy was distributed by Toho. Happy if mods want to move it else where. You may not intentionally trying to be a dick but if you think your statment sounded like you were coming across as one then perhaps you should have rewritten it and sounded a little less agressive, cause it does come across as both of the above. In posts if it sounds like your being a dick your being a dick. Right now I'm being a dick. So were even :D

Yeah I though it might all be rumors but it's a talking point none the less. Others may have had more info on the subject than I.
MechaGamera
Samurai

Postby Tohosaurus » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:35 pm

MechaGamera wrote:I put it here because The Gamera trilogy was distributed by Toho. Happy if mods want to move it else where. You may not intentionally trying to be a dick but if you think your statment sounded like you were coming across as one then perhaps you should have rewritten it and sounded a little less agressive, cause it does come across as both of the above. In posts if it sounds like your being a dick your being a dick. Right now I'm being a dick. So were even :D

Yeah I though it might all be rumors but it's a talking point none the less. Others may have had more info on the subject than I.

Nah he's just being extra polite. "If there was a short 3D Gamera flick coming out in about four months don't you think we'd have heard/seen stuff on it by now?" is a simple question, and he has a point, which is my answer to this thread.
고질라

한국. 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren
Tohosaurus
EDF Soldier

Postby keef90 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:25 pm

MechaGamera wrote:This is the website I remember seeing quite some time ago. With proposed story outline and monsters.

http://www.aap-inc.jp/plan01.html

Whoa, wait. This appears to be the official website of Yoshimitsu Banno's production company. Unless that's not true, then this is likely more than just a rumor.
keef90
Ronin

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, the English is certainly bad enough and bad in the right ways for it to be real.
Gender-questioning Netflix addict who has spent way too much money collecting these damned movies.

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES
omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash

Postby goji1986 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:19 am

omgitsgodzilla wrote:Well, the English is certainly bad enough and bad in the right ways for it to be real.

True, although it's a piss poor website design for a production company.
goji1986
Yin-Yang Master

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Banno has already proven to us that he's got a weird eye for aesthetics. :P
Gender-questioning Netflix addict who has spent way too much money collecting these damned movies.

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES
omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash

Postby Cimmerian Dragon » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:09 am

His eye may be weird, but it's certainly not bland. I'd expect some more flash from his site.
NUMQUAM OBLIVISCEMUR MICHAELIS CRICHTONIS

LYMPHOMANIAC
Cimmerian Dragon
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Crazy Jim Films » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Kaiju-King42 wrote: As for this "Gamera Final Wars", yeah that just reeks of fan rumor. I don't belive it.

It also just wouldn't work as well. There are significantly less monsters in the Gamera universe and I just can't imagine the premise being as fun.
Check out the official FB/IMDB page for my upcoming feature film, "The Angry World of Brian Webster".

https://www.facebook.com/angryworld2014
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3129196/
Crazy Jim Films
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Tyler » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 pm

Think Gamera: Super Monster but much better.

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby B34sT » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:06 pm

I remember reading about this last year. I thought the plot was going to be pretty much Gamera vs. Hedorah no Gamera Final Wars.
B34sT
Samurai

Postby Giga Kaiju » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:37 pm

So what?... in the end is this real or not? i remember reading in other thread that Gamera would fight a plant monster
(ala Biollante) but only being a rumor. But either way another Gamera movie?! thats great.
Unstoppable Fury , Unthinkable Power , Unbreakable Will.

tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!

Giga Kaiju
Black Dragon Emperor

Geiger Counter

Postby keef90 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Giga Kaiju wrote:So what?... in the end is this real or not? i remember reading in other thread that Gamera would fight a plant monster
(ala Biollante) but only being a rumor. But either way another Gamera movie?! thats great.

I think it appears to be a real plan from Banno that he is shopping around to potential investors, but with no word on whether production is actually happening. It probably won't happen anytime soon if it does at all, considering Banno is doing production work on Legendary Pictures' Godzilla.
keef90
Ronin

Postby Cimmerian Dragon » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:06 pm

And given the fact that Godzilla 3D was in development hell for years, only to be canned... :roll:
NUMQUAM OBLIVISCEMUR MICHAELIS CRICHTONIS

LYMPHOMANIAC
Cimmerian Dragon
E.S.P.Spy

Postby mechanikong » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:10 pm

MechaGamera wrote:So I found this tit bit on Wikipedia, So reliability is as usual suspect at best.

Tit bit. lol.
mechanikong
Ronin

Next

Return to Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, Audio CDs