Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Post by Hedorah »

Oh and just based on the trailer, you know none of this is gonna be scary, it looks like RE5 + more action.

The Revelations demo made me jump at one point, first RE game to make me jump in years, I will be buying that when it comes out.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

Proofpoochie
G-Force Personnel

Post by Proofpoochie »

Hedorah wrote:Oh and just based on the trailer, you know none of this is gonna be scary, it looks like RE5 + more action.

The Revelations demo made me jump at one point, first RE game to make me jump in years, I will be buying that when it comes out.
What a dissapointment. RE6 looks awful. It looks like a typical action game like RE5 and RE4 but, with Call of Duty and WET thrown in. This is NOT Resident Evil. There hasn't been a RE game since RE: Code Veronica.

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

Living Corpse wrote:.....

Am I seriously the only one who thought RE4 was scary?
Regenerators creeped me out.

@Shazam I've never been full on scared, but creeped out or a moment has made me jump.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

RE 6 looks awesome but more as a Halo + COD + RE game but it could be still entertaining.
this was only a trailer maybe the game could have a little bit of horror. (Wishful thinking).
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Proofpoochie
G-Force Personnel

Post by Proofpoochie »

Giga Kaiju wrote:RE 6 looks awesome but more as a Halo + COD + RE game but it could be still entertaining.
this was only a trailer maybe the game could have a little bit of horror. (Wishful thinking).
No, it won't. It looks like some chessy action game and it looks rediculous. It has Leon jumping around all over the place like some SuperHero Kung Fu Hero. It certainly won't have horror in it. Resident Evil died with RE4 and now it's turned into Call of Duty.

Drewzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by Drewzilla »

Did anyone else get a vibe that there's a 3rd playable character? The dialoge had him talking about his blood and everyone wanting it. Wild guess.....Steve from Code Veronica?
wataru wrote:DO NOT eat Walmart's Great Value High Fiber Bars - Chocolate. You will fart for HOURS!

I bought a box and couldnt sleep because I kept farting. You doze off and PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! wake up.

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

Drewzilla wrote:Did anyone else get a vibe that there's a 3rd playable character? The dialoge had him talking about his blood and everyone wanting it. Wild guess.....Steve from Code Veronica?
There is going to be a 3rd playable character, and possibly Ada Wong after you finish the Leon, Chris and 3rd Guy's campaign
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm surprised they announced it this close to release. I personally think the trailer looks awesome and why is it whenever a game has a cover shooting element in it, everybody cries that it's an rip of of GOW? I'm sick of people saying it looks like Gears of Wars with Zombies. Why not wait for the game to come out and maybe it will be scary?
Dude that scene with Chris and his squad looked just like Gears.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Has anyone noticed that Capcom lied too us? They said after RE5 was released that the story arc was done and they where going to reboot it. Not sure what to think of RE6 looks a lot like RE5 with amped up action.

I'll stick with Revalations which is ACTUALLY like classic RE from what I played of the demo today.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

spinzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by spinzilla »

The Resident Evil Revelations demo has me sold on the game.
He has told you, O man, what is good;
and fwhat does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,2
and to gwalk humbly with your God?

Micah 6:8
“I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me. ”
― Jim Rohn

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

Resident Evil 6 is the straw that broke the camel's back. Capcom's not even trying, they're just making Gears of War with Leon and Chris as guest stars. Of course they know idiots will buy it anyway.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Pfffft. Well count me in as an "idiot" too.

I love the Biohazard series, and while RE5 was a big disappointment, I'm not going to pass on this game because the last wasn't all that stellar.

I miss the more atmospheric, puzzle heavy games too (which is why RE2 will always be my favorite), but I still like the RE4/5 style/gameplay engine a lot. Hopefully there will be a much bigger emphasis on horror this time around (though I'm not getting my hopes up, even if the trailer seems promising in that regard), and less shit that seems like an action movie with a horror "touch" like the last game was.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Goji wrote:Pfffft. Well count me in as an "idiot" too.

I love the Biohazard series, and while RE5 was a big disappointment, I'm not going to pass on this game because the last wasn't all that stellar.

I miss the more atmospheric, puzzle heavy games too (which is why RE2 will always be my favorite), but I still like the RE4/5 style/gameplay engine a lot. Hopefully there will be a much bigger emphasis on horror this time around (though I'm not getting my hopes up, even if the trailer seems promising in that regard), and less shit that seems like an action movie with a horror "touch" like the last game was.
Get yourself a 3DS if you don't have one already; you'll love RE Revalations it's EXCACTLY like classic RE games I got that feeling after getting more time in with the demo last night.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I will do just that, good sir. Once I have the extra $, I'll definitely be buying a 3DS. I loved what I played of Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

Revelations looks a lot like classic RE, and sounds like it will be just that. It will probably be my first 3DS purchase.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Proofpoochie
G-Force Personnel

Post by Proofpoochie »

Living Corpse wrote:
Proofpoochie wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:RE 6 looks awesome but more as a Halo + COD + RE game but it could be still entertaining.
No, it won't. It looks like some chessy action game and it looks rediculous. It has Leon jumping around all over the place like some super Kung Fu hero. It certainly won't have horror in it. Resident Evil died with RE4 and now it's turned into Call of Duty.

I don't recall any COD game where I slide and shoot.
I was talking about how the game looks like mindless action with fucking explosions everywhere. Resident Evil used to be great. I enjoyed the RE4/RE5 gameplay style but, those games didn't feel like Resident Evil and this doesn't look anything like Resident Evil. It looks more like a game adaptation of the movies with all the chessy action.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

The female seen in the trailer for RE6 isn't Ashley

http://kotaku.com/5877808/a-few-scant-n ... -creep-out

But yeah Goji Revalations had a very classic RE vibe to it the only thing that makes it a little less like classic RE is that scanner thing they've added then again you could always view that as innovation and not a hindurance.

Things that stick out about revaltions that make it classic RE

-limited ammo
-puzzles are back *minor spoilers* you start off trapped in your cabin on the ship and you have to go find a screw driver to unlock a panel so you can progress
-controlls

PC Specs

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

gvamp wrote:The female seen in the trailer for RE6 isn't Ashley
The article didn't mention the blonde girl who was with the 3rd protagonist who apparently has the blood everyone needs.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Hedorah wrote:
gvamp wrote:The female seen in the trailer for RE6 isn't Ashley
The article didn't mention the blonde girl who was with the 3rd protagonist who apparently has the blood everyone needs.
They say it's the girl Leon was talking too. He was talking to the blonde girl.

Even though I think this looks more of the same as RE5 I'll still get it, I just won't be getting the CE unless it has in game content; I was dissapointed by the RE5 CE.

PC Specs

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

Blonde girl talking to the mercenary guy is confirmed to be Sherry Birkin

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216937p1.html
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

Living Corpse wrote:Huh.

Maybe they just hired the same voice actress and that's why Sherry sounds like Ashly.
Yeah I thought they sounded exactly the same
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!