Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2004/Final Wars)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released after 1998, including upcoming movies.

Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2004/Final Wars)

Postby gojira012 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:51 pm

Use this topic to discussion the Godzilla from the 2004 film Godzilla: Final Wars.

Personally, you have to admit the Final wars G is the best all around one out of all of them. I mean it blends the best of all worlds.

Best build, best height(or which ever height you prefer), most unique fighting style, most power and IQ, Best movement(so far)
none of the slowness or beam dependancy of heisi, some of showa's compassion but with the right amount of heisi's anti hero,
And no he DOES NOT look like a rat.
gojira012
Interpol Agent

Re: Final Wars Godzilla the best all around one

Postby GodzillaDude » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:53 pm

gojira012 wrote:You have to admit the Final wars G is the best all around one out of all of them. I mean it blends the best of all worlds.

Best build, best height(or which ever height you prefer), most unique fighting style, most power and IQ, Best movement(so far)
none of the slowness or beam dependancy of heisi, some of showa's compassion but with the right amount of heisi's anti hero,
And no he DOES NOT look like a rat.

A little bit in the face he does.

If he's your favorite version of Godzilla that's fine but I doubt few if anyone here will agree that FW Godzilla is the best Godzilla.
GodzillaDude
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:13 pm

I quite like the suit, but I'm not too fond of the 100 meter height. I prefer the smaller 50-60 scale.
RIP Lord Richard Attenborough
RIP Robin Williams

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby GodzillaDude » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:43 pm

^ Why?
GodzillaDude
E.S.P.Spy

Postby godzilla1996 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:05 pm

I don't like the spines of FW Goji, but I like the fighting style, and what not.
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit
godzilla1996
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:08 pm

GodzillaDude wrote:^ Why?

If he gets too big he loses his scope, if that makes any sense. When he's smaller (well, still a giant monster) he's feels a little more tangible. I think it helps with miniatures too.
RIP Lord Richard Attenborough
RIP Robin Williams

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:44 pm

gojira012 wrote:And no he DOES NOT look like a rat.

Yes....he does.

While he does blend a decent mix of size, and agility. The spines and head just ruin it for me. I can't stand them.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby gojira012 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Tyler wrote:
GodzillaDude wrote:^ Why?

If he gets too big he loses his scope, if that makes any sense. When he's smaller (well, still a giant monster) he's feels a little more tangible. I think it helps with miniatures too.

Actually if you look at Frank Parr's Kaijuverse deviantart page he has a size chart with buildings and his own monster Ironkus(who is 200ft) on it it's actually somewhat believeable
gojira012
Interpol Agent

Postby Gigan X3 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:
gojira012 wrote:And no he DOES NOT look like a rat.

Yes....he does.

While he does blend a decent mix of size, and agility. The spines and head just ruin it for me. I can't stand them.

Doesn't look like a rat to me.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS
Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby TokyoVigilante » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I don't really think Godzillas power level is relevant to the "best" portrayal. As a general rule, he should just be the seen as an unpredictable destructive force. And no version fails in that regard. He shouldn't have to do over the top things to prove his strength, you should be ableyo get that impression from just looking at him.

The head looks more like a Caiman in profile, but the front it looks fine. And the spines are balanced weird though, but their shape and texture are great. Unlike the fleshy ballooned mess the Heisei Godzilla has.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury
TokyoVigilante
EDF Soldier

Postby Goji » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 am

The "Ratzilla" comment is clearly a reference to his face and snout. Of course he doesn't look like a rat overall. His face, especially the shape, is very reminiscent of a rat's face.
Goji
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Gigan X3 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Goji wrote:The "Ratzilla" comment is clearly a reference to his face and snout. Of course he doesn't look like a rat overall. His face, especially the shape, is very reminiscent of a rat's face.

I don't see the similarities. :?
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Goji » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:02 pm

To each's own I suppose. He's a little goofy looking overall, regardless.
Goji
E.S.P.Spy

Postby JVM » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Worst Japanese Godzilla ever, except SoG.
JVM
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Gigan X3 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 pm

Goji wrote:To each's own I suppose. He's a little goofy looking overall, regardless.

I think he can sometimes look gay because of the "nails" but not goofy.
Chris55 wrote:

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby Goji » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:19 am

Gigan X3 wrote:
Goji wrote:To each's own I suppose. He's a little goofy looking overall, regardless.

LOL, that's a new one :lol:

I've always thought the actual build of the FinalGoji suit was retarded looking. When they first started talking about "smaller and more agile suits" during the production of the film, I didn't think we'd get something that was so ugly overall. Godzilla's joints, are just awkward looking.
Goji
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Gigan X3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:25 am

Goji wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:

I've always thought the actual build of the FinalGoji suit was retarded looking. When they first started talking about "smaller and more agile suits" during the production of the film, I didn't think we'd get something that was so ugly overall. Godzilla's joints, are just awkward looking.

Yes I agree with the joints but I find him better looking and moving less sillier than some Heise( Too obvious suits ) or Showa suits( Too bouncy ).
Chris55 wrote:

Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby YawnMasta » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:01 pm

I thought the suit looked fine from different angles.
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 Shit
Ko'd once. On the second turn no less
YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Postby gojira012 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Goji wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:

Goofy!!!! GAY!!!!!

That look was straight up BADASSERY
gojira012
Interpol Agent

Postby Darkness » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Easily one of my least favorite suits. It just seems so much more lazy than every other Millennium suit. The dorsal fins look incredibly simple and Godzilla's head looks weird. I can see where they were coming from when they wanted to thin Godzilla down, but one of the things that gives Godzilla that sense of power is how massive he is. When you slim him down, he loses that presence.
Darkness
Interpol Agent

Next

Return to Millennium Series (99-Current)