The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Geez, I leave the thread alone for five minutes, and suddenly there's almost three whole new pages to respond to. :lol:
KaijuX wrote:I have a question, though I'm most likely going to get the response of no. Since Keizer Ghidorah is never EVER going to be used, would it be fine (in a strange sense) if Monster X could have the drain bite? I know it would seem... Weird, seeing Monster X bite an opponent to drain their energy.
Draglord wrote:I think that might be a good idea as well as allowing MX's gravity beams to work just like Kaiser Ghid's. I mean, we gave Gomora his beam attack from Ultra Galaxy, so I don't really see a problem with it here. It'll make MX a more capable fighter.
Yeah... Sorry, guys, but I'm gonna have to say no to these. I realize we play loosely with the monsters and their powers sometimes, but this would be outright giving Monster X an entirely different monster's powers.
Godzillawolf wrote:Does anyone have a link to video of the two Zone Fighter kaiju presently on the roster? I'm using them in my next match but can't find video of them.
>>Someone besides me using Spyler and Wargilgar in a match

Well it's about damn time! :P
Living Corpse wrote:JESUS! Goji Girl made such a badass banner just for my little ol match? :shock:

1. The Boxing Ring is as you can guess, yes, a reference to "The Boxing Ring" from Godzilla: Save The Earth.
The declarations of "THE WORLD AWAITS" and "TWO TITANS, VIEW LIVE" really add to it. :lol:
Living Corpse wrote:2. I actually kept scratching my head trying to figure out how I should end this match when it hit me. As you can guess the watery "finisher" is inspired by Rain from Mortal Kombat and since Ultraman can make a high pressure stream I figured why not. It seems like it'd make since for Ultraman to use it as a weapon if all his energy weapons fail.
Yeah, that was a nice creative touch, LC.
Draglord wrote:It seems like hardly anybody ever has the villainous kaiju win against the heroic (or at least semi-heroic) like Ultraman, Godzilla, Gomora, etc. I'd like to see some more variety in matches in terms of who wins and who loses. I find it too predictable knowing who is going to win in some of these fights. I think Heddy beating Godzilla was still the most shocking KWC moment we had so far because nobody saw it coming. A few curveballs would be nice from time to time, y'know?
Yeah, I've got a match in mind for just this thing, actually.
Arbok wrote:(hence Armor Mothra pulling out a crazy power where he completely crystallized Ghidorah's entire body to destroy him)
Except his wing. Derp.
Grayshot954 wrote:And if I think about it after the 11 submissions I have...
...Eleven? I've got a lot more from you than eleven. Either you've written so many you've forgotten some, or I've forgotten how to count. o_O
Living Corpse wrote:Speaking of which I wonder why my Bagan vs Hedorah match is still unposted. Was it not good enough?
Quite honestly, I'm starting to think that one may have gotten lost in the shuffle somewhere.
Shazam14 wrote:That reminds me! TG, do you remember how I commented on your Utsuno Ikusagami vs Orochi vid, about how all the heads became different Ghidorahs? Would that be okay in a story?
What's the rule on writing alternate interpretations of the monsters?

As long as it's not too drastic a deviation from the monster's nature, it's okay. As such, you can do things like Final Wars Gigan being controlled by Star Hunter Nebula M instead of the Xiliens, treat Heisei Godzilla as a defender of the Earth and have Zilla be accompanied by H.E.A.T. However, writing Showa Baragon as a Yamato Guardian or Kiryu as the weapon of the Spacemen from the Third Planet is a bit too far from the origins and intent of the character.
I'm pretty sure making Grand/Mecha/Death Ghidorah baby Orochis falls under this. Unless I'm misreading what you meant.
Living Corpse wrote:One's that it could be argued that they are just animals such as Gabara and Red King are not included.
I'm pretty sure Gabara is evil. Or, at the very least, a dick. :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Yeah... Sorry, guys, but I'm gonna have to say no to these. I realize we play loosely with the monsters and their powers sometimes, but this would be outright giving Monster X an entirely different monster's powers.
Eh, I guess I can understand that. Oh well, time to give him that ability the old-fashioned way, lawlz. Nah, just kiddin'. And that Anguirus bit? :)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
...Eleven? I've got a lot more from you than eleven. Either you've written so many you've forgotten some, or I've forgotten how to count. o_O
:shock: I was kidding. I could name them all but not to ruin the surprise to everyone else, I have only done nine. Repeat 9 HOW do you have more than that??? Has someone been sending submissions under my name in the middle of the night via envelope or something. :lol: To clear things up I will send you a list of every match in their order but the 11 I got was from two matches I am currently working on. One a grand finale and the other a new beginning. That is all, I swear. :huge: Soooooooooooooooooooooooo if I didn't forget any did you forget how... :P
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Awesome match with some unexpected moves and setting (Boxing ring of STE) a little gorey was great to gave it some Drama
and the ending just great (clever way of using one of the most important element in the world) and the banner incredible as always an aplause for who wrote this match. 8-)
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Was I the only one that wasn't surprised that GKG lost? It seems like hardly anybody ever has the villainous kaiju win against the heroic (or at least semi-heroic) like Ultraman, Godzilla, Gomora, etc. I'd like to see some more variety in matches in terms of who wins and who loses. I find it too predictable knowing who is going to win in some of these fights. I think Heddy beating Godzilla was still the most shocking KWC moment we had so far because nobody saw it coming. A few curveballs would be nice from time to time, y'know?
Yeah, been noticing that alot too. As a big fan of the big bads (all but one has a negative score), I'm actually planning a Villains' Resurgence of sorts. The heroes have it too easy. Most of the 'bad guy wins' matches were the early ones (Destoroyah vs MOGUERA vs Biollante stands out for me, as a villain actually beat two of the strongest heroes). I think the most recent one was your MX vs KC fight.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

*is reading through some of the older matches*

*record needle scratches*

WAIT...

Match 66: ''Ultraman was quickly back on his feet and hurled a Cutting Halo at SpaceGodzilla, but the monster brought up his shield again. As soon as the energy blade hit the crystalline shield, both instantly shattered. SpaceGodzilla shrieked in surprise. Something had destroyed his shield!''

Match 125: ''Ultraman planned to try again at a closer range but he needed a distraction. He charged up energy into the form of a saw on his right arm and threw it. King Ghidorah's heads all focused on the incoming projectile. The Ultra Slash hit the light shield and, to the King of Terror's shock, broke it.''

*crickets chirp in the background*

interesting parallel huh? :lol:
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

*Sues Living Corpse for plagiarism.*

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Its abit ironic though, considering the Ultra Slash just bounced off every barrier in the oringinal series.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

While I do aplogize for ruining this soap opera's run, but I just noticed the number of the match.

25. Ultraman & Jet Jaguar vs Monster X
125. Ultraman vs Grand King Ghidorah

Another strange conicidence. So for 225... I forsee Ultraman fighting Desghidorah or Mecha-King Ghidorah. Just saying. Not to mention another legal battle between Titano & Living Corpse.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

Living Corpse wrote:
Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:Its abit ironic though, considering the Ultra Slash just bounced off every barrier in the oringinal series.
DUN DUN DUN!
well clearly the writers got the idea from somewhere

www.super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Breaker
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

It's a conspiracy. :xilien: All that needs to be known.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Man, had I thought of it in time, I would've made a joke match for today: Godzilla vs. Jason.

Alucard
Xilien Halfling

Post by Alucard »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Man, had I thought of it in time, I would've made a joke match for today: Godzilla vs. Jason.
Why not Freddy Krueger. And Jason doesn't have anything common with Friday the 13th except the name of the film.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
wataru wrote:It's not huge and it's white.
LIKE YO DICK!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

kikomia wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:Man, had I thought of it in time, I would've made a joke match for today: Godzilla vs. Jason.
Why not Freddy Krueger. And Jason doesn't have anything common with Friday the 13th except the name of the film.
I think that's the idea. :P

Pair of kings.

Alucard
Xilien Halfling

Post by Alucard »

KaijuX wrote:
kikomia wrote:
I think that's the idea. :P
Freddy would be more of a challenge to him.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
wataru wrote:It's not huge and it's white.
LIKE YO DICK!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I guess I can agree with that.

Pair of kings.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

OR we could just do a KWC match with like excessive amounts of bad luck. I can see it now. King Ceasar vs Hedorah. King Ceasar turns black from the sludge and Hedorah crosses his path. Falls under an arch. Steps on cracks on the ground. I think you get the idea... I honestly can't stand those horror icons.
—Epsilon

zillafire101
Yojimbo

Post by zillafire101 »

Does anyone think we should add the Monsters from Godzilla trading BAttle into KWC,you know, Balkazardan Jyrammu,Etc.

I know it's off topic,but ever since i saw them in a video,i can't get my mind off the subject.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

All they need to do is modify their pics. I'm surprised that they haven't even been mentioned in any way, shape or form here in these KWC Discussion Threads. TG, do you think it's possible to get these guys in? Heck, Krystalak and Obsidius could pull it off, why not?

Pair of kings.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

kikomia wrote:
kikomia wrote:Freddy would be more of a challenge to him.
KaijuX wrote:I guess I can agree with that.
Living Corpse wrote:Seriously I might be alone in saying this but I don't want anymore "exclusive". Don't we have enough with Bagan, Cyber-Zilla, and C-Rex?
No.

:P

That having been said, though, I don't think Balkzardan, Razin and co. will be making the K.W.C. cut. They're just too obscure and there's not really much to work with, character-wise.
Draglord wrote:I'm surprised that Shadorah hasn't even made it to the roster yet and I am hellbent on getting Showa Mechagodzilla in the roster. I've also got some ideas for a MechaniKong match as well.
Geez, people, surely a few matches can pass without introducing a new monster.

Right? Right??