The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Kubo
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Kubo »

Nice new match. I liked the setting...that was really cool.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

kikomia wrote:GKG IS DEAD????

My life is ruined.
He can still reg enerate duh.

Great match and awesome to see the alien arch continue. It's been a while.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Shazam14 wrote:Grand King Ghidorah vs. Ultraman was epic. It was a really enjoyable read and a cool banner.

SPOILER!

I was not expecting LC to kill off Grand King Ghidorah.
Join the club. Not to spoil anything but this match really was the calling card both sides stranger powers if not all their powers. I mean, its like he went off a check list or something lol. Not that it is bad, just awesome. And where is that guy with the statistics already?
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Living Corpse wrote: 3. King Ghidorah is my favorite monster out of the entire Godzilla series. That doesn't mean the living apocalypse is immune to death in my stories. ;) So don't be surprised if I ever decide kill off someone like Hedorah even though he's in my top ten.
Doesn't mean you can't bring him back. Does anyone else remember his regenerative abilities? Though dude awesome story none the less and awesome banner as well to the creator.
—Epsilon

zillafire101
Yojimbo

Post by zillafire101 »

Nice new matches. I liked Goroins match and GKG v UM was enjoyable.The latter was not my fav,but Ultrman's fatality move did porduce a good laugh.

And my first post on the new forum.In the words of Chester A. Bum, "HOORAY!"

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Grayshot954 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote: 3. King Ghidorah is my favorite monster out of the entire Godzilla series. That doesn't mean the living apocalypse is immune to death in my stories. ;) So don't be surprised if I ever decide kill off someone like Hedorah even though he's in my top ten.
Doesn't mean you can't bring him back. Does anyone else remember his regenerative abilities? Though dude awesome story none the less and awesome banner as well to the creator.
I didn't forget about it. In fact, let's say there's a reason I didn't let the body get totally destroyed. ;) Though I really couldn't use it during the fight because he's regen is too slow for combat, he seems to need to recover after a battle not in the middle cause like I said it seems too slow.

And thanks. And yeah, GG really made an awesome banner.
I just meant he could return... I know he can't regenerate as fast as lets say Biollante. But now I am excited for the next entry.
—Epsilon

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Grayshot954 wrote:And where is that guy with the statistics already?
Calm down there. I'm off of school break now. :P Awesome match, LC. ;) Awesome.

Match 125: Grand King Ghidorah vs. Ultraman - 4,539 words. Ooooooooooo yeah. 8-) And I think some bits and pieces are also references to Godzilla: Unleashed, are they not? With SpaceGodzilla being mentioned and all that?
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Shazam14 wrote:I don't think regeneration works if you're dead. :P
Considering Grand King Ghidorah was born from just a tail surviving before, he is a pretty hard monster to permanently kill (hence Armor Mothra pulling out a crazy power where he completely crystallized Ghidorah's entire body to destroy him).
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

Great match, I really loved it. It's actually inspired an idea for a match for me.

Anyway, great battle, the explaination for the boxing ring was awesome. And overall, great match, loved it.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Shazam14 wrote:Huh... I remember his tail surviving, but not it regenerating back into GKG. Looks like I have a movie to rewatch.
Rebirth of Mothra 3's use of time travel is headache inducing... but Grand King Ghidorah vanishes in the present day because Cretacious King Ghidorah's body is destroyed in the volcano. However, the tail survives and burrows underground causing Grand King Ghidorah to reappear in the present day as he wasn't killed after all (again, no level of "no prize" can be used to explain the time travel aspect of how that works in regards to its impact on the present day).

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

I just assumed that Grand King Ghidorah had to take time to regenerate, which delayed his arrival on Earth in the present... Which leads to the time paradox of why Mothra could take the long way to the present, considering she never had reason to go back in time and kill him and why everyone remembers it.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Godzillawolf wrote:I just assumed that Grand King Ghidorah had to take time to regenerate, which delayed his arrival on Earth in the present... Which leads to the time paradox of why Mothra could take the long way to the present, considering she never had reason to go back in time and kill him and why everyone remembers it.
The more obvious paradox is why the humans are still off in some random field when they had no reason to be there to save children that never would have been kidnapped and transported there had Grand King Ghidorah not been attacking Japan that week...

The writing is done where the time travel seems to ONLY affect Grand King Ghidorah and his dome, and everything else seems to just react to that as if it was occurring in real time in the present day... except, as you mention, somehow Mothra Leo also returns several million years older from his time travel adventure. It really didn't give the idea of time travel much thought at all, and you could fill a regular novel trying to explain how Mothra Leo's time travel works.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Draglord wrote:Was I the only one that wasn't surprised that GKG lost? It seems like hardly anybody ever has the villainous kaiju win against the heroic (or at least semi-heroic) like Ultraman, Godzilla, Gomora, etc. I'd like to see some more variety in matches in terms of who wins and who loses. I find it too predictable knowing who is going to win in some of these fights. I think Heddy beating Godzilla was still the most shocking KWC moment we had so far because nobody saw it coming. A few curveballs would be nice from time to time, y'know?
I've been trying to fix this with a couple of my matches,

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

HayesAJones wrote:
Draglord wrote:Was I the only one that wasn't surprised that GKG lost? It seems like hardly anybody ever has the villainous kaiju win against the heroic (or at least semi-heroic) like Ultraman, Godzilla, Gomora, etc. I'd like to see some more variety in matches in terms of who wins and who loses. I find it too predictable knowing who is going to win in some of these fights. I think Heddy beating Godzilla was still the most shocking KWC moment we had so far because nobody saw it coming. A few curveballs would be nice from time to time, y'know?
I've been trying to fix this with a couple of my matches,
I understand the argument. And while I may never drop as many maws as lets say Hedorah vs Burning Godzilla. I think throwing in a few curve balls once in awhile is better than never. And if I think about it after the 11 submissions I have...
somewhere in the world Titano shivers with dread ...a few shocker endings. So while my matches might yes be normal in large, there are some curveballs thrown to keep the reader on edge.
—Epsilon

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

Still, it's quite possible to make a twist ending with the good guy winning. Like what I did with Kiryu vs Hedorah.

And we do have quite a few Evil vs Evil fights too, as well as two animalistic beasts going at it.

JessPrime
Yojimbo

Post by JessPrime »

I loved that match and Im glad Ultraman won. I really like how he used water to win.

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

*SPOILERS*

lol as if GKG is actually perminatly dead. The way they presented it in ROM3 is that you had to destroy everything or else he'd be back one day. Which makes me forget... Whatever happened to that wing Mothra Leo chopped off? It's been a while since i saw the movie.

When you regenerated from nothing but a bit of tail i seriously doubt loosing your head(s) will do it lol
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

Living Corpse wrote:Let's see...

There are currently 125 matches in the K.W.C and out of them the bad guys win...

36. The bad guys win 36 matches. Yeah, we need some more bad guy winning matches.

NOTE: I only counted monsters who are undoubtedly evil (including well intentioned extremest Battra and Cyber-Zilla). One's that it could be argued that they are just animals such as Gabara and Red King are not included.
Gabara varies, he's been portrayed as a sentient sadist too.

On another note, I love the banner, banners with a theme too them rock!

DeadpoolsbetterThanU
JXSDF Technician

Post by DeadpoolsbetterThanU »

I think it has been awhile since a truly bad guy won. Maybe everyone's cooled off since the 100th match. I've also noticed it's been awhile since there's been a draw in a match too. :eh:
CHIMICHANGA!!!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Nothing says AMURIKA like cars, explosives, guns, hot chicks, and tons of money being spent on it.

James23873
Monsterland Worker

Post by James23873 »

I totally caught the rain reference. And was that Noob's X-Ray I caught Ultraman doing? Not to mention props on making a boxing ring setting believable.
You know, Darth Vader cannot be Luke Skywalker's father. They don't have the same last name.
-Woody Boyd