Update on the status of the project as it is today in hopes that being slightly less secretive will give the project good karma instead of jinxing it:
A couple of days ago we got another layer of fiberglass on a new copy of the Sorta mask that will be used for MechaSorta. The original suit was built in 2009 but it was fairly rushed (we were trying to complete it for GFest) and the scope of the story has changed significantly since then, so we're going to use the same base suit but give it a heavy makeover to bring it more into line with the quality of the new Sorta costume and our miniatures and such. That process is going to start here in just a couple of weeks after I finish school for the semester.
You know what's great news? We have the next shoot scheduled! We'll finally be making real headway again, should it pan out. I'm really excited and I really want my finals to be done NOW so I can get to storyboarding that scene. School gets in the way of important stuff like making entertainment for you guys.
One thing we're doing to make up for getting rid of the original plot for Sorta 3 is we've split the MechaSorta arc into two parts, both about as long as it would have been as a single film so by making just a few tweaks to the script, we've effectively doubled the size of this adventure. We're also eschewing the episode numbers - this is no longer officially Ultraman Sorta Episodes 3 & 4 but "The Adequately Terrifying MechaSorta" Parts 1 & 2. It isn't a huge change on your end but for us it comes with a whole new way of looking at this project and and future Sorta projects that may or may not come to fruition (there's this one outline we're passing around... but I think I've said too much already
And in the meantime we've also been working on other short film projects. They aren't Sorta or tokusatsu related but I hope you'll give them a chance too!