3rd Xbox in works?

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

Re: 3rd Xbox in works?

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Ubisoft is rumor to work on the 3rd Xbox.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/rumor-h ... it-ubisoft
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Gigan X3 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Eeew RARE reviving Conker? They gonna mess it up even more, please leave it alone!
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS
Gigan X3
EDF Soldier

Postby gvamp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:20 pm

That article states that the next Xbox is due out next year too. Which I find kind of odd since MS just spent so much money last year promoting the Kinect unless the Kinect is going to be intergrated into the new system which is a strong possibility.
optimum in mundi
Click this for me: http://rewardgalaxy.com/?ref=637260

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:43 pm

I say 2013 is likely for the 3rd Xbox. I see them next year starting to hype up the 3rd Xbox and PS4 at E3.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby mecha-gino » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Gigan X3 wrote:Eeew RARE reviving Conker? They gonna mess it up even more, please leave it alone!

It needs a sequel and pretty damn good one too! Also the original needs to be on ported on PSN and Xbox Live!
A proud supporter of just leaving Alienhulk's opinions of films alone and a butthurt non-supporter of the man of steel topic who won't post there until it's merged with the other superman topic.
*awesome troll face*
U Mad
http://i48.tinypic.com/o9fsc1.jpg
mecha-gino
EDF Soldier

Postby Zilla103192 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:30 am

honestly, I think they should just make 2 new systems. The Playstation and the Xbox. NOT PS4, or XBox 3. No numbers in the title at all.

Have them backards compatible all the way back to PS1 and Xbox. and instead of coming out with new systems every few years, just make a huge patch that will cost like $20 every few years that will allow for more graphic capability and so on.

I am tired of buying a new system as soon as it's cheap enough and finding out a new version is coming out the following 6 months.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Freelance Artist

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Greyshot151 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:35 pm

zilla103192 wrote:honestly, I think they should just make 2 new systems. The Playstation and the Xbox. NOT PS4, or XBox 3. No numbers in the title at all.

Have them backards compatible all the way back to PS1 and Xbox. and instead of coming out with new systems every few years, just make a huge patch that will cost like $20 every few years that will allow for more graphic capability and so on.

I am tired of buying a new system as soon as it's cheap enough and finding out a new version is coming out the following 6 months.

Well that is what has been happening and what will be happening kind of. The X-box 720 or whatever it is isn't projected to come out until christmas 2013. And the X-box came out in 2005. That is 8 years of life which is long considering the average length is 6. In those eight years the X-box slim, Kinect and multiple changes to X-box live have occured. And the X-box really is not THAT expensive. Its still cheaper than the PS3. Lastly, there is no patch that would allow enhanced graphics. Only a phsical change to the console or develops using the full power of the console will allow it to be better. Look at Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Both came out on the same console but the developers new how to use the consoles power better with Reach.
The K.W.C. needs YOUR help. Please check out this topic and show your support! Forum members, mods and others are showing support and every additional post means we are one step closer to our goal. Thanks you again!
Link - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21509
Greyshot151
Petty Officer

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:01 pm

zilla103192 wrote:honestly, I think they should just make 2 new systems. The Playstation and the Xbox. NOT PS4, or XBox 3. No numbers in the title at all.

Have them backards compatible all the way back to PS1 and Xbox. and instead of coming out with new systems every few years,

They make a new system once every six or seven years. People forget that the 360 came out in 2005, I guess time fly by quicker then we thought :P? I will wait until I get a new system since I did not get the normal Xbox until 2005 and had it until 2007. I had my 360 for four years and I will likely keep it since I still have my PS2.

Also calling it the PS4 seems likely since calling it The Playstation would cause confusing. If someone ask a game for The Playstation then they will ask "Which one?".
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby gvamp » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Dillon the only way you could upgrade the graphics on a system is if console makers implemented removalable GPUs (Graphics Processing Unit) and that's not likely because it could be kind of costly.

Just look at the prices of PC GPUs some are as high as $800
optimum in mundi
Click this for me: http://rewardgalaxy.com/?ref=637260

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Wataru » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:34 pm

The first company to offer full 100% reverse compatible on all disc-titles and old core system buy banks (like turn in your XBOX for $50 credit towards an XBOX720) will RULE!
Wataru
TK's Comic Book God & Toy Guru
Sandy Frank dubs. All others are fail.

Founder of the Heathen Hall @ American Asatru Association

Wataru
Founding Director of the American Asatru Associaton

Favourite Kaiju: Gojira '89

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:17 am

Looks like the 3rd Xbox will not have a disc drive. I'm starting to hate digital media.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... confirmed/
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 am

I hate that, skreeonking digital shit. I'd rather have a hard copy. Everyone should rant
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.
Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:55 am

I think people have became too lazy to walk up to a store and buy a copy. Hard copies forever!
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:59 am

They'd be screwing over the people who don't have internet as well, which suprisingly I remember as being a high amount
Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Postby Tohosaurus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:09 pm

I have certain doubts that it'll be a disc-less affair. First off, I think plenty of people still like HAVING a physical copy, especially since this screws those that don't actually use LIVE and such (which affects many of the youngest demographics of console owners). Secondly, then this means no one could watch a DVD/BRD or listen to a CD. They'd actually damage it's home media usability.

Could this happen in time? Oh yeah. Within the next year or whenever this comes out? Probably not.
고질라

한국. 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren
Tohosaurus
EDF Soldier

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Not having a disc takes away a lot of the fun of owning the product, I like having a collection. My guess is that stores like Gamestop and Best Buy are likely are going to go against it since a lot of people games from those stores.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:05 pm

I hope that's not true. I've been resisting mp3's since I was in middle-school. I don't want the same thing to happen to video games so soon. I love having hard copies. Especially when they come with neat little extras. Say it ain't so, Microsoft!
HeiseiGodzilla117
EDF Soldier

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:55 pm

I wonder if microsoft has gotten any e-mails yet :lol:

If this is absolutely true, I'm gonna hope for a petition
Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:59 pm

I don't think it will happen. I still won't be surprise if this happen with music since more people seem to buy music of from Itunes instead.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Tohosaurus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:04 pm

NSZ wrote:Aw hell naw. No. Nononononono. N. O. Nu-uh. That's a horrible idea and they skreeonking know it.

I mean, what if something happens to the console? Like gets destroyed, or stolen, or skreeonking inevitably conks out? Wouldn't that mean, I mean besides buying a whole new console of course, you'd also have to re-buy all of your skreeonking games? Yeah, that won't make people foam at the mouth in rage at all, no sir.

Well THAT problem would at least probably be addressed by more content being saved online. They're already treading those waters with Cloud and the small space allotted to each profile account. But all of the issues with not having a disc drive (so you can't watch your physical DVDs, etc) remain far as I can tell.
고질라

한국. 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren
Tohosaurus
EDF Soldier

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 pm

The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Video Game Hub