Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I just beat the game. Let me put it to you this way: the game is entertaining, but it's nothing special. In all honesty, I'm now considering to forget about buying an imported copy because it wasn't worth all of the effort I put into it.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Not like the import is expensive or anything. I got my copy MIB on ebay for a measly $25 a couple years back.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Tomisaurus
Ronin

Post by Tomisaurus »

This isn't the greatest godzilla game ever made,the greatest godzilla game ever made is GODZILLA BATTLE LEGENDS
Why?easier controls,more monsters,more stages,cool music,etc
Say no to drugs,say yes to cookies

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Tomisaurus wrote:This isn't the greatest godzilla game ever made,the greatest godzilla game ever made is GODZILLA BATTLE LEGENDS
Why?easier controls,more monsters,more stages,cool music,etc
Sometimes, more isn't better.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Who hopes that one day we'll have another Fighter like KD?
I mean we had DAMM, STE, Unleashed, but id honestly like to see juts a simple fighter with Godzilla and guest star character.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Hotrod93 wrote:Who hopes that one day we'll have another Fighter like KD?
I mean we had DAMM, STE, Unleashed, but id honestly like to see juts a simple fighter with Godzilla and guest star character.
Godzilla: Kaiju Battle Royale
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

If it's 3D I would like Namco to take care of it, if it's 2D gameplay, then Capcom.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Biogoji89
GPN Volunteer

Post by Biogoji89 »

2nd best Godzilla game.I like Battle Legends better.
"Turn!180 degrees!"

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters SNES/SF

Post by MDK »

Videos are great. I think this is my favorite Godzilla game and I always use Godzilla.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Is it the gameplay that's better or graphics or sound?
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

People always say online that this game isn't available in the US but there is one way where you can get it in the US you just have to find a downloadable video game site to get to it. I have it on my desktop from that site (Haven't played it in awhile.) but I will say the game can be kind of brudal to new comers at first will I guess it always is. I found game controllers at best buy that made it easier to play you just have to set the same things up for them every single time you play. Overall it's a pretty fun game for being that old. I never played it's predecessor Godzilla: Battle Legends before so can't compare outside of videos I've seen on youtube of it.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Living Corpse wrote:We arn't supposed to talk about emulators on here. Besides, it's not that hard to mod your SNES to play SF games, just break off the two little plastic things inside it.
Well i'm sorry but I don't have an SNES. So, no need to get mad at me here ok. It's was just a reply nothing to it so just claim down. It's not like I was going to stay on a computer download forever it's just a reply ok. :roll: Try to talk to some people.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Living Corpse wrote:????

I wasn't mad. =/
I'm sorry i've been having rough days lately. I was getting confused when said snes for a second thinking you were referring to the game system to play it on I wasn't thinking properly . I need to take a break from these threads and stop taking my anger out on the wrong people. Didn't mean to be a jerk to you there it was just a misunderstanding that's all. I'm just sensitive to certain people saying things. I didn't mean to sound angry or anything. PS. You great at making videos and I like the mask you wear when your doing them.

The_Olden_Thing
Monarch Researcher

Post by The_Olden_Thing »

Always found the difficulty on this one to be pretty ridiculous. I have no trouble playing the Street Fighter games on normal or even hard on occasion, but even on the "easy" mode the AI was horrifically difficult. It doesn't help that on console and emulator its very unresponsive.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

imo, I like the way Kaijuu Daikessen looks more than Battle Legends. The sprites in BL seem to look even lower in quality than their SNES counterparts... how does that happen?

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gdam/smg.htm
http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gturbo/su ... dzilla.htm

What happened with Garuda...
I thoroughly enjoyed the "Rage" special moves in Kaijuu Daikessen as well. Kept you on your toes when you saw your opponent blinking red, or when you had your rage too high to the point where they could roar/taunt you and make you dizzy.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Living Corpse wrote:Battle Legends is SOOO much better. Shame it was on a console most people could not afford at the time.
Pretty much, last Turbo Duo I saw on eBay was roughly 200. The game was far cheaper being only 41 USD including shipping which isn't bad. I'm tempted to buy a Turbo Duo or a remake system (like Supa Boy) but just for 1 game? I don't know. Im in the same boat as Godzilla: Giant Monsters March for Game Gear.

As for difficultly agreed the game is challenging which is how I like it. Although every time I hear the mechanical screech of SMG I shiver a bit.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Living Corpse wrote:Did you not see my post that said we are not supposed to talk about where to get Emulators?
He's not talking about an emulator. :) I've seen these consoles, that can play multiple cartridges (There are ones that play NES *and* SNES games), and are usually pretty cheap. I think it has something to do with the patents expiring on the hardware, which allows these types of things to be made and sold.
GigaBowserG wrote:imo, I like the way Kaijuu Daikessen looks more than Battle Legends. The sprites in BL seem to look even lower in quality than their SNES counterparts... how does that happen?

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gdam/smg.htm
http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gturbo/su ... dzilla.htm
I wouldn't go that far. If anything, the MG sprite looks better in Battle Legends.

I decided to finally mod my SNES a while back, and bought a near-mint copy of Kaijuu Kessen off of ebay shortly after. I've actually been playing it a lot recently with a friend of mine, and we've found a lot of really 'F'd up' tactics in it. Mothra is most definitely one of the best in the game, if not the best. She has several unblockable attacks, and despite being the only flying monster in the game (technically; some of the other monsters do have flight), she can duck tons of attacks when hovering close to the ground (!).

I'm all for discussing more 'high level' tactics for this game, but I doubt most people would care.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Goji wrote:I wouldn't go that far. If anything, the MG sprite looks better in Battle Legends.
Maybe it's just me, but the chest seems really flat during some movements. I'll admit, that's not the best example; here's Showa KG:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gdam/king_ghidorah.htm
http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gturbo/ki ... orah64.htm

It looks like there's a loss of "depth" overall. Look at the back of the wings for BL compared to DAM, that looks nasty. XD The colors on many of the characters are more vibrant in BL, it looks like they ran all the sprites thru Contrast in Photoshop. Not bad, but it doesn't hide the decreased detail:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gdam/gigan.htm
http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gturbo/gigan.htm

Gigan's wings look really odd in BL... He's even missing his tail spike.

Biollante looks gorgeous in BL, though. But she looks great in both games either way, a shame she wasn't kept playable in the sequel.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

^ I think that's possible, but looking over the Turbo Duo's capabilities, it's not as powerful as I once thought it was, which probably (also) has something to do with it.
Living Corpse wrote:Well now I just feel like an asshole.

Sorry.
Don't. S'all good man. You weren't being rude when you asked people not to mention bootlegs. It's definitely something we have to be careful about here, so it wasn't without reason.
GigaBowserG wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but the chest seems really flat during some movements. I'll admit, that's not the best example; here's Showa KG:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gdam/king_ghidorah.htm
http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gturbo/ki ... orah64.htm

It looks like there's a loss of "depth" overall. Look at the back of the wings for BL compared to DAM, that looks nasty. XD The colors on many of the characters are more vibrant in BL, it looks like they ran all the sprites thru Contrast in Photoshop. Not bad, but it doesn't hide the decreased detail:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gdam/gigan.htm
http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gturbo/gigan.htm

Gigan's wings look really odd in BL... He's even missing his tail spike.

Biollante looks gorgeous in BL, though. But she looks great in both games either way, a shame she wasn't kept playable in the sequel.
I do agree, that overall, Kaiju Kessen is the better looking game. It's a bit inconsistent, as monsters like Biolllante look incredible in Battle Legends, while others are lacking (Gigan), and some aren't quite as 'detailed' (Ghidorah).
Last edited by Goji on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I own the SFC game, and a close friend of mine who moved away had battle legends for the Turbo Duo.

Advantages of Battle Legends: 1. Graphics look better in general 2. Godzilla's change of apperance depending on the opponant. 3. Point Based System boss battle 4. has Uniqueness of Hedorah, super X2, Rodan, Showa MG II, Mecha KG, & Battra (2 forms) as a playable characters in vs battle

Disadvantages of Battle Legends: 1. Point Based System boss -It is extremely diccicult to achieve enough points to reach Super MG as the final Boss. My friend only did it once, and the best I ever did was Mecha-King Ghidora 2. Godzilla is the only playable character in Story mode. 3. Biollante not playable character

Advantages of Destroy All Monsters: 1. All characters are playable in Story Mode, relatively easy 2. Point based system boss battle (Gotengo is fairly easy to get) 2. Unique playable characters: Biollante, Mothra, Gotengo, Heisei MG

Disadvantages: 1. Inferior Graphics and presentation 2. Battra not a playable character.

Bottom line however- I would ove if Either or BOTH of these games were made available for Wii virtual console. I'd prefer the Turbo Duo one because I own the SFC one, but I'd probably download the SFC one anyway so i could sell my cartidge.

Also- If you dont want to take a chance and damage your cartidges or SNES console, an aftermarket "extension" is easily obtainable. I got mine for probably $10 almost 18 years ago I have been playing ported games for a very long time.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!