Zone Fighter DVD?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Zone Fighter DVD?

Post by gvamp »

Living Corpse wrote:
gvamp wrote:It's not Japan's doing Tsuburaya won the case then last year Chaiyo filed for an appeals.
Didn't they get in a lawsuit with Toho over Jet Jaguar looking like Ultraman?
I'm not 100% sure on that. I don't think so as far as I know Tsuburaya had a good relationship with Toho.

kpa or August would be the ones to ask about that.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

There are a million henshin that look like Ultraman...

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Considering Toho sues for every green dinosaur made by a rich corporation, I have a hard time feeling any empathy for them.

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Living Corpse wrote:
gvamp wrote:I'd love to see more Ultra series released over here too but sadly I don't think we will for awhile for one thing Tsuburaya went back to court against Chaiyo and for another they wheren't to thrilled with BCI licensing Ultraman from Chaiyo.
God damn, is it me or are Japan's business man even more sue happy then business men in the U.S.?
A Thai businessman presented a contract, supposedly written 20 years before by a now-dead CEO of Tsuburaya Productions, granting him all international rights to the first five Ultra shows (including ULTRAMAN and ULTRA SEVEN). The "contract" got the name of Tsuburaya Productions wrong, got the names of several shows wrong, and even misspelled the name and signature of the CEO... but it bore a official seal which made it legal in Japan. You really think Tsuburaya shouldn't have sued over that?

gvamp wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
gvamp wrote:It's not Japan's doing Tsuburaya won the case then last year Chaiyo filed for an appeals.
Didn't they get in a lawsuit with Toho over Jet Jaguar looking like Ultraman?
I'm not 100% sure on that. I don't think so as far as I know Tsuburaya had a good relationship with Toho.

kpa or August would be the ones to ask about that.
I haven't heard about a lawsuit over Jet Jaguar. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I'm not aware of it. With the number of giant heroes that existed before MEGALON came out, it seems like the case wouldn't have gotten far regardless.

Toho and TPC have an odd relationship. Toho invested in the company early on, and they handled theatrical distribution for the first ULTRAMAN movie. While Eiji Tsuburaya was alive he used his clout to access Toho props and costumes for his shows. After Eiji's death, the two companies worked together for a few more years; they collaborated on DAIGORO VS GOLIATH and Toho regularly included TPC shows in their Toho Champion Festivals through 1974 (well past the release of MEGALON). The two companies went their separate ways in the mid-1970s; Toho was the theatrical distributor for ULTRAMAN USA in 1989 but that's the only exception that comes to mind.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

*Groan* I thought they finally resolved that! :mad:

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

I'd like to see them duke this out over Judge Judy.

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Post by The Dark Uniter »

On Facebook, I've asked Mill Creek if they can get Zone Fighter and they actually responded which I didn't expected: http://www.facebook.com/MillCreekEnt/po ... ed_comment

Flippy
Samurai

Post by Flippy »

The Dark Uniter wrote:On Facebook, I've asked Mill Creek if they can get Zone Fighter and they actually responded which I didn't expected: http://www.facebook.com/MillCreekEnt/po ... ed_comment
Considering they said "stay tuned" I'd assume they're actually considering it....Which would be pretty great.
So I guess you should join the Zone Fighter DVD initiative, I guess. http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7065

therealmccoy
EDF Instructor

Post by therealmccoy »

I've still got to send mine in. At least we know somebody got a response. That's encouraging.
Join the Zone Fighter DVD initiative:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7065
Check out Jahgee's Hall of Awesome:
http://jahgeeshallofawesome.forumotion.com/
Check out my monster movie reviews at:
http://skreeonk.com/

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I personally think that Media Blasters has a better chance of releasing it since they do have a great relationship with Toho. You could probably ask Mill Creek about any obscure Japanese show and get the same response ;)

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Brian4205
Monsterland Worker

Post by Brian4205 »

Toho need's to chill out...... they can make more money if they release these things.

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Later on today, I'll probably ask Media Blasters and Shout Factory the same question. Hopefully, they'll respond as well. One thing is clear: at least we got a response from Mill Creek, for now.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

An interesting development. I'll add them to my list (I still haven't sent my letters -_- ).

I can't seem to find a mailing address. Anyone else find one?
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I have been delayed in my sending out of the letters. Address please? It's great that someone received a response on the Zone Fighter release, although I encourage everyone to stay balanced. I doubt they're doing anything beyond simply entertaining the idea at this point, and that's a best case scenario.

Let's cross our fingers.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Mill Creek's address is:

Mill Creek Entertainment
2445 Nevada Ave N
Golden Valley, MN 55427

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Thanks TDU, much obliged. Now to actually send the letters... XP
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

therealmccoy
EDF Instructor

Post by therealmccoy »

We should do like a special "Thanks" post for people who have sent in letters, that we keep adding names to as the list grows. Not so much for recognition, but for some to actually see how many people have actually participated. Just an idea.
Join the Zone Fighter DVD initiative:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7065
Check out Jahgee's Hall of Awesome:
http://jahgeeshallofawesome.forumotion.com/
Check out my monster movie reviews at:
http://skreeonk.com/

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

I hope Media Blasters puts this out. Mill Creek releases always have compression artifacts all over the place.

dogora
Monsterland Worker

Post by dogora »

i have sent a letter but it proballly wont get there.i live halfway across the world from america sadly. :( but at least i tried

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Legion1979 wrote:
dogora wrote:i have sent a letter but it proballly wont get there.i live halfway across the world from america sadly. :( but at least i tried
Wait wait wait...

Why would a letter NOT get to it's destination just because you live far away?
It could get held up in customs, lost in the mail. etc. etc.

PC Specs