The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

There's 13 so pick 6

Alien (1979)
19%
Aliens (1986)
14%
Predator (1987)
16%
Predator 2 (1990)
10%
Alien³ (1992)
4%
Alien Resurrection (1997)
4%
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
8%
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
2%
Predators (2010)
4%
Prometheus (2012)
4%
Alien Covenant (2017)
3%
The Predator (2018)
No votes
Prey (2022)
14%

Total votes: 114

G1 Startruck Jonez
Interpol Agent

The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread

Post by G1 Startruck Jonez »

It was better than that crapfest AvP.
But thats still not saying anything.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Geek Culture for the Geek in us all - https://www.facebook.com/G1and2
Become a fan.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Re: AvP talkback threads: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

It's not that good. A few parts plodded on too much. It's far better than Alien 3, but that doesn't attest to much.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

A vast improvement over the first AVP, but that does not save this from being a mediocre movie. It is a straight B-movie, and it delivers on that front. As a Predator sequel, it's perfectly fine (as good as Predator 2, certainly). As an Alien sequel, it's laughably inept, but it at least touches upon the disturbing nature of the original film (especially in the unfairly maligned pregnancy rape scene, which is totally in line with the tone of the Alien films).
Godzilla says I should learn to fight my own battles!

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

Better than AvP? Sure. But the film is still pretty blah. Near the bottom of the franchise for me.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

It had a lot of potential. What hurt it for me was it was insanely dark and hard to see goddamn EVERYTHING, and there were too many human characters to balance properly.

I like it, but I prefer Predators, and I don't think I can fairly compare it to any of the other films.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

I'm going to be honest, this film was shit. Not the shit but rather IS shit.

Atfirst I was looking foward to it and the trailer really had me hyped but as soon as it came to DVD ugh... I would of thought this new Major badass predator would be awesome and while he did have some awesome moments I hate it how he got his ass handed to him a number of times.

AVP is superior in my book, even though most of the predators got owned in that one it's still miles upon miles better then this terrible sequal. AVP may not live up to alien/aliens or predator 1/2/S but I still like it alot.
R.I.P My Old Sig. 2011 to 2016

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

It's mindless fun, but doesn't have much else going for it. At least it went back to an R rating. And I was surprised that they killed the younger brother's love interest, too.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

ok... i have my sheild and helmet ready...

i actuallt really liked AVPR. I thought it was a decent film. I loved the story as well as the idea to bring just regular suburban people into the action... it was fun. i really liked it...

Ducks behind sheild and waits
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

It's okay a lot better than the first AvP film.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

oh... and tyler.... could you add a "Both" option to the poll? because i am a huge fan of both series. :P
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

While I DO enjoy, AVPR as mindless fun, this is the worst A/P/ or AVP movie ever. Hardly any plot, stupid characters, stupid lines, too much focus on gore and nothing else, and I could not see a darn thing!

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

i feel that AVP was more like the predator series in alot of ways, while AVPR was more along the lines of the Alien series.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

I hated this movie not just because it's a bad movie it's because so many innocent kids and babies die usually in all horror movies it involves adults and seeing kids die like this is horrible. This is my first movie with kids being killed off. I saw this on FX and didn't like it. I liked the first one better cause the Predator is a good guy for once in this one he isn't instead he just kills a cop by ripping his skin off and hanging him by the tree for the police buddies to find. I liked the first one at least that guy was a good guy. :|

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

Hellblaze wrote:I hated this movie not just because it's a bad movie it's because so many innocent kids and babies die usually in all horror movies it involves adults and seeing kids die like this is horrible. This is my first movie with kids being killed off. I saw this on FX and didn't like it. I liked the first one better cause the Predator is a good guy for once in this one he isn't instead he just kills a cop by ripping his skin off and hanging him by the tree for the police buddies to find. I liked the first one at least that guy was a good guy. :|
My advice for you: avoid the Alien and Predator films altogether. If you cannot handle the content of AVPR, how could you ever handle the heavy rape overtones and Freudian imagery of Alien?

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

heres my response to the "Predator was a good guy" post

I say that The Predators only Hunt "Fair Game". as in humans or other species that pose an actual threat... thus making their own hunt more challenging... since The woman in AVP didnt have a gun... he did not hunt her... same goes for the woman and child in AVPR. They just want a fair fight...

its like us hunting... most of us dont kill a doe... its not a good prize... but a buck? we will shoot on the spot once they show up...

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Re: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

Monster Master wrote:There's really no reason why it has to be a prequel to alien now, but take place between Alien 3 and A:R maybe?
Well, A:R establishes that there have been no reported sightings of the Aliens in the 200 years since Alien 3, so such a story might be problematic.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Mini-Godzilla wrote:
Monster Master wrote:There's really no reason why it has to be a prequel to alien now, but take place between Alien 3 and A:R maybe?
Well, A:R establishes that there have been no reported sightings of the Aliens in the 200 years since Alien 3, so such a story might be problematic.
Not if you ignore A:R it won't be and lets be honest who wants to remember that?
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I can't help but like this movie. It's pure fan service, plain and simple. I think other die hard Alien/Predator fans can relate.

It feels like a Hollywood made, exploitation film at times.. Really, really bad, but still manages to deliver the goods. "Wolf" is one bad ass Predator, and it was nice to see an Elite Predator actually realized on screen. Tom Woodruff was great as the Hybrid Alien, and it was nice to see the look of the Xeno's go back to what we saw in ALIENS (considering that Cameron Alien design was primarily the design you saw in the original ALIENS VS. PREDATOR comics. I adore the Giger Alien, but after RESURRECTION and the first AvP, I was burnt out on half baked versions of of it. (with all due respect to Alec Gillis and his team, they're fantastic).
Last edited by Goji on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Mini-Godzilla wrote:Well, A:R establishes that there have been no reported sightings of the Aliens in the 200 years since Alien 3
That's easy enough. Just make sure none of the human characters survive the movie. :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

It's better than that shitpile Alien 3.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple