Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Hotrod93 »

"This is where you may discuss any Pokemon games from any system." Credit goes to GotengoXGodzilla
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Hotrod93 »

At first I wasnt really happy about the 3d effects in the game but now its grown on me.

Anyway I cant wait to see the remaining pokemons :D

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Honestly, I'm not fond of the new battle system. While the the movement is a nice addition, 3-on-3 fights seem like a bit too much. I would have rather liked to see 1-on-1-on-1 fights. But hey, that's just me.

I'm excited for the new games and the new pokemon, but I'm willing to wait until next March or April. I'm not too excited at this time.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Pokemon sucks. Everyone knows this. Durrrr.

A friend of a friend is over on Smogon bitching that they should ban Stealth Rock before they start banning Pokemon. Cuz, you know, it's warped the entire metagame and pretty much defines tiers.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

It's especially to blame for the offensive metagame. It's not that Pokemon are stronger than before (though Choice Specs/Scarf did help), it's that SR turns so many 2HKOs into OHKOs and 3HKOs into 2HKOs etc. It's ridiculous.
bleep bloop

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Legionmaster wrote:It's especially to blame for the offensive metagame. It's not that Pokemon are stronger than before (though Choice Specs/Scarf did help), it's that SR turns so many 2HKOs into OHKOs and 3HKOs into 2HKOs etc. It's ridiculous.
This, it pretty much screws up anything. Either tone the damage down or Ban it I say.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

I'm really tired of Stealth Rock. I had it on my Empoleon for a while, but after thinking about it, I really don't want to run a pokemon with Stealth Rock. Its just way overused.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Hotrod93 wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:It's especially to blame for the offensive metagame. It's not that Pokemon are stronger than before (though Choice Specs/Scarf did help), it's that SR turns so many 2HKOs into OHKOs and 3HKOs into 2HKOs etc. It's ridiculous.
This, it pretty much screws up anything. Either tone the damage down or Ban it I say.
I'm hoping Game Freak steps up in BW and nerfs it. For the sake of trainers everywhere.
bleep bloop

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:It wouldnt be so bad if SR was like Spikes, in the sense that only certain pokemon could learn it. Too many pokemon can learn it.
Again I have to agree, also Id like to see GF fix Mold Breaker.

EDIT:

This is 100% Fake just so people will know, Thier pretty good though.

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

So while trying to figure out a possible moveset for my shiny Golbat to use when it becomes a Crobat (thanks to being unable to breed down shininess now =/), I came across a dilemma; If Crobat uses Mean Look, then U-turns out, does the Pokemon that comes in for the switch keep the Mean Look status on the foe?

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

THE GODZILLA wrote:So while trying to figure out a possible moveset for my shiny Golbat to use when it becomes a Crobat (thanks to being unable to breed down shininess now =/), I came across a dilemma; If Crobat uses Mean Look, then U-turns out, does the Pokemon that comes in for the switch keep the Mean Look status on the foe?
Try:
Crobat@ Black Sludge
Mean Look
Toxic
Super Fang
Taunt/Roost

Use it as a lead or wall killer.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

THE GODZILLA wrote:So while trying to figure out a possible moveset for my shiny Golbat to use when it becomes a Crobat (thanks to being unable to breed down shininess now =/), I came across a dilemma; If Crobat uses Mean Look, then U-turns out, does the Pokemon that comes in for the switch keep the Mean Look status on the foe?
Nope. U-turn does not pass stats/other things like Baton Pass does.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Well it's the Mew pokemon, so it's a little special. And it's #000, which is bizarre. Poor Missingno...
bleep bloop

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Godzilla 2000 wrote:http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

New pokemon. Nothing special though.

Also, GXG still owes me a copy of SoulSilver. :x
Would you take a Japanese copy of SoulSilver?

Anyway, has anyone actually tried to acquire at least one copy of all 493 pokemon? You know, actually "catch 'em all"? I don't mean complete the pokedex, I mean getting a legitimate copy of all of them.

I took me about three months, but I managed to get all of them. Believe it or not, some of the original 150 pokemon were the hardest to get, because I didn't have a copy of FireRed or LeafGreen. I had to get most of them over the GTS.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:Would you take a Japanese copy of SoulSilver?
I cant read Japanese. :geek:
Dang. I have a spare Japanese copy of Soulsilver that I'm not using. I'd be willing to give you that.

If you want an english copy, you'll have to wait until I can get some money. I'm pretty low on cash right now.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

I use BL/UU Pokemon whenever I can. Go Azumarill!

And yeah, I have legit versions of all 493 Pokemon in Platinum.
bleep bloop

vaporchu
Monarch Researcher

Post by vaporchu »

I wish Stealth Rock was nerfed so that it doesn't do super effective damage. Also, I guess have it not do not very effective damage as well. I want to see Charizard rise through the ranks again.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Stealth Rocks... you either love them or hate them... These days, it's foolish to enter a competitive battle without a Stealth Rocker on your team. Many pokemon that would be Ou (Charizard) are bumped down to NU because of it. At the same time, however, it prevents monsters like Dragonite and Gyarados from setting up a DD, switching out, then setting it back up again as much as they like without risking loosing their mon... Personaly, I think that Stealth Rocks is a good idea, and I think Gamefreak might just actually make mroe Steath Rock-ish moves, like Stealth Ice (Boy, will THAT be alot of fun for Salamance and Garchomp in Ubers...)
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Hotrod93 wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:It wouldnt be so bad if SR was like Spikes, in the sense that only certain pokemon could learn it. Too many pokemon can learn it.

EDIT:

Who knows that could be real but we'll find out when Coro Coro and Pokemon Sunday announce more new Pokemon! :D

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Hellblaze wrote:
Hotrod93 wrote:

EDIT:

Who knows that could be real but we'll find out when Coro Coro and Pokemon Sunday announce more new Pokemon! :D
Its fake, some dude on 2ch sent this to Joe "Serebii", only later to find out the scan is fake.

Plus its still alittle early for Corocoro Scans for this month to be out, give it a week.